Author Topic: Consider Beginning Transmitter Conference Calls  (Read 3079 times)

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Consider Beginning Transmitter Conference Calls
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:26:49 PM »
Announcement for this WEB SITE: Consider Beginning Transmitter Conference Calls

I would like to hear your opinion about starting a Teaching Mission Conference Call.

The old Teaching Mission conference call was called Lightline.  I spell it as one word but some people spell it as two words: Light Line.  I prefer it as one word because it saves space in archiving to use the single word.

The new Teaching Mission Conference call should have a name if we start one.

Light Line or Lightline has been used.  What should it be called?   I have the right to reject all names provided but if I hear a great one, you named it right away.

The Teaching Mission conference call will work like this:
Once a week; Once every two weeks; once every month?  Whatever the time frame is, out of the half dozen of T/R’s available on this site, ONE will volunteer in rotation with others, to be group transmitter, and provide a transmitted message every time the conference call is held.

First the Transmitter mutes all the lines and then transmits what some celestial teacher would like to teach.

At some point the celestial teacher will ask for questions or comments.  Everybody who has a question or a comment then unmutes their phones and speaks to the Transmitter.

The Transmitter then transmits the celestial teacher’s answers to the student, and this goes on until the teacher closes the transmission, and then the transmitter or controller shut the phone conference call down until the next period for a new conference call to do the same but with a new transmitter in place.

If this is of any interest to you as a group, I would like to see the following:

1) Let me hear your views and comments.
2) someone take charge of the technical aspects and that is to find the free telephone conference call service, and take control of the controls and direct the transmitter if he or she needs direction about when to mute the phones and when to open them.
3) The director needs to find the service and sign up for it in his or her name and take the control panel and make sure the conference call is recording.  I need to have a reference to the telephone tape so I can download it and post it as an audio archive of our work together.
4) The Director must be on time and must be ready to help with technical details to keep the conference call running smoothly.

I have the Secondary Midwayer Jack here who used to officiate on calls Gerdean did as the Transmitter on conference calls then called Lightline.  He used to say how to unmute and how to close the call down, but he is no longer available on Urantia, so we have a new Midwayer called Jonathan who will help us out until we are sued to the process.  Thank you Johnathan!

Third: we need volunteer transmitters right away.  I will sign up as the first transmitter providing we have at least three transmitters to start the program.

Fourth, I request that our web provider set up the discussion forum to stream the conference call live on line either in our web site or set up another site for the streaming.  Can this be done quickly?

Fifth, our membership exceeds three hundred, yet we only have 250 or so including over 150 guests at least, and they do not qualify for membership unless they sign up.  What is your view for allowing guests to listen to the streaming audio of the conference call?

That is it for now.  Please let me hear from you.

Ron

Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Daniel alderfer

• I will not leave or forsake you even to the end
    • MSN Messenger - Danielalderfer@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Consider Beginning Transmitter Conference Calls
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:14:46 PM »
Dear Ron Besser

About this idea to start a new live conference call similar to lifeline. This sounds like an excellent idea and I would certainly want to be a part of it.

The name lifeline is hard to beat unless we would want to set a new precedence, perhaps lifeline ll or maybe: Grassline, or Starline, or Bridgeline, or Fulltime, or Maxconnect, or Celestscene, or Correctconnect. or Seraraconnect. or Zeropoint, or  Princeline, or Masterline, or Wonderline, or Timeline. are my thoughts. Many could be able to do site management better then I, but please consider using this one for part of this important needed innovation.

Sincerely, Daniel  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:27:18 PM by Daniel alderfer »
Daniel in Las Vegas, 970 618 1214 While he was still a great way off his Father saw him and had compassion.

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 11:31:29 PM »
For naming, keep in mind that this might not be the only conference call under the new Teaching Mission umbrella, so the name has to be unique. I would call it the Harp Network. I find that kind of catchy, and it utilizes the Harp of God within the name.
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

Keerthi

• Ask and you will receive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 11:46:37 PM »
 I love the idea of a conference call with transmitters. I volunteer to do whatever needs to be done to help with the mechanical side of it.  I would like to suggest possibly name it the Pella Call as that was where Jesus did quite a few of his teachings from. 

I would also like to add that I ran a conference call for my company two or three times a week  for over 10 years using both telephone systems and web meeting systems.  We had anywhere from 10 to 500 people on the line each week.  And we always started on time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:58:31 PM by Keerthi »
Teresa Curtis

JamesD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »
Dear Ron,
I endorse this as an innovative way to add 'another dimension' and 'energy enhancement' to the Missions.
I would attend initially for the experience of hearing live TRing, developing my TR confidence through attending and accelerated growth of all through 'two or more gathering in My name'.
Ongoing my attendance would surely bring about my TR confidence, as against currently doing it alone, and I assume many others will benefit in the same way.

I suggest Internet attendance as the cost is minimized and usually the quality is better. I am not sure as to the best conference site for a large quantity of attendees, and the control thereof.
The current Zoom as used by some of us to meet now seems to work well and to have a high degree of security in both login and transmission security.

As an aside, although I am aware Skype includes language translation software
https://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-translator/
but I don't think Skype is suitable due to transmission type etc but built in translation would be a 'nice' in the choice of conference facility.

Time of day is another issue but that should be decided to suit the majority. Perhaps period be weekly initially.

Name suggestions:
SeraraLine, RevelationLine, UrantiaCircuit, CelestialTransmissionsCircuit, CelestialMessagesLive, TeachingMissionsLive, StarBridgeLive, CorrectionTimeConference, ChristMichaelMissionLine...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:28:34 AM by JamesD »
"It's life Jim but not as you know it....."
   ~ Mait'Eliflik

waforbes100

• I love You, Universal FATHER!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:00:59 AM »
Name offer: Light Link

Access Suggestion: establish a membership pre-requisite to draw the more serious-minded, and to create an atmosphere of accountability.

Views & Comments: for me, words can only cheapen the meaning of living this experience! Commenting is futile!

All Love & Fascination,
Walt

SpeaktheWisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
Thanks Ron for what is sure to be a great idea!

1.) I am more than excited for just such an opportunity of engagement!
2.) I bet I am even less qualified than those who say they are not the best person. However, there is a program called Skype which may offer something of the sort we are looking for. But remember, this comes from a way novice in that area of expertise!
3.) If you need someone of my poor qualification to execute this step, I am more than willing!
4.) Again, I flout my inadequacies, but again I will report for whatever duty is assigned me! I am very interested in this idea and I would have no problem doing the work! But it is a question of whether or not I would be best. In fact, I can tell you, I will not be best. But I may be enough if it comes to that, ha ha...

I very much enjoyed the one conference call with Jack I was privy to (reading) and I welcome all the more from our brother in the midway Jonathan!
I am concerned that I will not perform adequately as a transmitter. If one was to tell me the point is unbridaled confidence, then I could just forget all that and hop to it. But if that is not the idea then I will have a difficulty, I presume, due to my current lacking abilities. I have the will to try but I don't know if I have the expertise to properly execute and when everyone is there and waiting I would fear letting all down. Wasting everyone's precious time.
I don't know who the web provider is, nor do I know anything about making/creating websites. Count me inadequate to aid this one.

My view regarding guests, and this is totally personal, is that if I were unconviced about the missions or the forums, I might find myself just tarrying along the outside, following what was available, not sweating what content was not. But since this is The Magisterial Mission and The Second Coming and The Corrective Times, and so on and so on; enumerating the Official Organizations of the celestials, I see this content MORE IMPORTANT than to be disregarded as 'unavailable' by those who don't know what value they miss. Which I believe would happen to at least some of the unconvinced. So, I feel it makes more sense to take this upon ourselves to show them what there is to be convinced by via allowing them access without the requirement for signing up. But maybe we could suggest signing up with a link available wherever they interface with the conference call; an always available reminder to join. Hope this helps! Thanks Ron for asking our views and coming up with such a great idea!

esther

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 01:31:38 AM »
Great idea Ron  I have read lots of transmission where our Celestial family encourage us to make groups of like minded persons to meditate,pray or work together for the benefit of our Urantia.  I like some of the names proposed. Maybe we can have a vote for the best. Celestial  Call, Celestial Line, Mission Call .  Once a week I think will do. Those are my ideas.  Thank you for the opportunity.  God bless.     esther 

Ron Hammar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 02:27:38 AM »

Dear Ron,
I find your thoughts of starting up a lifeline very interesting and I like it.
I had a knee jerk thought after word like Oh No i will have to TR for the group and I just had all kinds of fear then the thought came to me 'you have to go through your fears' so I did a TRing asking about my fears and this is what I got.

10.44 PM        Dear Father Mother God, My intentions are to be in stillness and open my heart to you so I may be able to TRing this evening is there any one that will come forward to me??

Yes son this is Michael and I wish to say that you have been making very good progress in that you have posted a few posting in the last few days and that is good.  This shows progress by you and keep at it . As to the lifeline you see it as pushing the envelope for you. This could be helpful for all and it like you said it will help you get over your fears of doubt that you have in being able to do it.  Tell this to Ron and post it as to how you feel.  Be Peace.  10.52

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »
Ron, I think this is an excellent idea as we can have another forum for Q & A's and if it can be a regular event with a grouping of T/Rs.  But I hope there will be someone to record the transmissions whether on tape or by text for those who won't be available as time zones are different.   Other names are Serara Line or Celestial Hour.    
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »
Ron, I am very much interested in being a part of this project.   I do not have Skype but I have attended many free telephone conference calls in the past.   It was wonderful to hear the voices of those who I had just known through their written word.   It adds an extra dimension to their words.   *6 will unmute the line on a telephone conference call.

When I first heard of the plan through Jack the Midwayer, I had many doubts.   But after hearing Ron's explanation it makes a lot of sense.   It is necessary to have a facilitator to prevent anyone from monopolizing the conversation.   Also there will be many different personalities involved; some with very strong feelings.   Someone needs to be the voice of reason during the call.

I feel our Guests should be allowed to listen to the call and no one should be excluded.   Some of them may be "on the fence" and these calls may be what they need to bring them into our family.

As far as a name is concerned, I would like to see the Father's name be somewhere in the title.   I am working hard to keep Him first in my life in spite of quite a few obstacles that keep popping up!   How about something like "Father's Family Time" or something along that line?   Just so we keep our mind and our Heart on Him.

Namaste,
Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

Lundco

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 11:34:46 AM »
Ron, good idea as I use to call in on Lightline and enjoyed the knowledge and love shared.
 My suggestions for a name are: Faithline or Spiritline.  Lundco
Wichita,Ks

With faith I go, as Love lights the way.

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »
Hello Ron.  I also think it is an excellent idea and would like to take part if I can. I do not have Skype at the moment.
My suggestion for the name is simply :    LightUp or Lightup.
Lemuel

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
This response is not to stop comments coming to this thread about establishing a telephone conference event.
Let me state where I am in my thinking now after hearing a lot of you let me know what you think, and believe it or not, Michael of Nebadon let me know what he thought too.  Since he is the originator of the Teaching Mission, let me post his dictation to me now:

Michael of Nebadon: "I am all for the conference call idea.  Permit me to tell you though that the idea is premature by about one month, as I want the conference calls established after the announcements, and by one month from now, you will have had them and more than that, the Serara and Monjoronson Mission will be transpiring in a grand way.  Ron came to me this morning and we discussed the idea and what he intended.  I review his intention which I approve of:

a - Provide a basic telephone service.  It must be streamed as well so people outside the United States do not have to pay for telephone service to US corporation or foreign telephone service corporations for something like this.  Other than that we deny the use of Skype or Zoom or any video service because those video services and/or audio services are poorly done to provide a long transmission around Urantia.  Second we see no value to visual aids much as many of you do.  Ron refuses to use video since he considers it useless in a storm and fools no one about his posture or appearance; video is just not to be.used.

b - No video, no untoward practices of any kind except to allow the transmission of a celestial teacher into the ears of anyone including Guests to either be on the phone to participate directly or to hear the conference call spoken live directly but no direct participation other than to listen.  Ron had this going about 10 years ago and it only fell apart because the man who ran it for him quit for reasons we know not.  There has to be a serious attempt to have all of this together before we step up with volunteer R/R's to run it on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.

c - I am seldom outraged at behavior on the discussion forum, and most of you are truly considerate, but one line comments or two line high-five comments to posts is not ever a good idea.  Brad Cooke you do it routinely and we ask you to bring it back down to where if you must congratulate someone to do so with a personal email and not provide one or two lines of no content.  Please reduce these short responses as they are only clutter in an otherwise free and open market of good thought and planning by all to make it work.

d - I know Ron cares that a conference call service be established, but we are also of the opinion it has to be relatively light and unassuming as the Teaching Mission grows around the world.  Transmitting for one hour is no fun unless you are well practiced and well presented and can stay on the beam/frequency through out the entire process.  Only Ron can do that right now even though any number of you have volunteered to help transmit in the proposed service.  I am asking Ron to take the transmitter's role for the first six months or year of the service so long as he has a back up when he must attend to other duties in the coming year.  His work as First Apostle will take him away from the microphone frequently, and so there must be a good transmitter in the wings to take over.  So far very few of you are approaching this ability, but we keep hoping you will meet that criteria shortly.

e - I am asking Ron to stand down today.  The rest of you are finding it difficult to say much of anything today too although I surmise that you Lemuel have had a brief transmission already and that Daniel A., may have heard from a teacher by now.  The problem we are facing today (8 Aug New York time 13:00) is we have curtailed all transmitting frequencies to test Urantia for hearing problems and other concerns that we need not go into.  Ron heard from a robot this morning and asked it to be turned down or off unless we needed it reinstated.  It is a robot that sits in space but is beamed directly to your mind and brain which Ron is adequately aware of already.  It speaks if there is an urgent call from Me or Mother Spirit and will allow no one to interfere with an emergency broadcast.  It must be obvious that we are gearing up for THE announcement shortly and that you will be taken by storm when we do as there is nothing that will stop the wholesale relaxation of all military organizations to stop what they are doing and pray for deliverance.  The T/R circuits will be turned on by tomorrow morning and the normal traffic will resume then.

f - Make way for the transmission that means everything to all of you very soon.  We have deployed our personal robots as Ron received this morning (named for Ron as Stillbaugh pronounced Still Bah).  Overmind you do not have a robot, you have an angel and she will control your output for today.  Daniel A., you have an angel to do the same and most of the rest of you are without any control since you seldom are regular with your transmitting.  Stillbaugh is allowing Me to come through so this message can be taken and understood for now.  I am Michael and I wish you a good day."

Ron -  While we as a group will foment the new Teaching Mission first on Urantia, the actualizing of the new Teaching Mission will proceed as the world learns what a T/R is and students will gather in groups to hear that T/R speak to them and interact with them using the celestial teacher to respond to that group of individuals wherever they are in the world and in their own language.  For now, I point out to each of you who can transmit that it is important you become strong enough and sure enough to handle the responsibilities as a public teacher and speaker.

I can remember when Overmind first attempted transmitting and we were successful with that, but how hard it was for Overmind to speak aloud what he heard.  Speaking aloud is critical if you are to T/R a celestial teacher over the phone in a conference call.  I got used to it early on and practiced at the computer to speak aloud what I was hearing as I was typing in order to prepare for speaking on the phone or before a group.  Now my voice is not the greatest, but it does carry well, and your voice is your treasure when you learn to practice by sitting down comfortably and speaking to an empty room as your transmit your teacher.  Lemuel, and Overmind, and Daniel, and one or two others, I count on your becoming adapt at speaking aloud.  Overmind and Daniel A., you have to be good enough to transmit in the conference calls without dropping the teacher doing it.  When I get the signal from Michael, I will have, to start,  Overmind and Daniel call me, and then they will have a practice session transmitting the teacher to me as they would as backup for me when I cannot attend a session.  Larry G, I am drawing a blank about your contribution.  What is your view of how you can do this too?  I suspectg we can use you Larry too as a back up once comfortable with speaking aloud.

Summary
1)  Actual deployment of the Conference Call service us a month away for reasons stated above.

2) It will a telephone service only with streaming for those outside of the USA and for our Guests too.

3) Names for the service have had some excellent suggestions.  I have not selected a name yet and keep suggesting and some of those already suggested are excellent candidates to try out.  Would somebody look at the responses and list the suggested names for us?  I do not remember all without a little help.

4)I will be the transmitter to start this off when the time comes.  As it evolves we will bring in Overmind and others to fill in for some transmission work along side me, but they will not be asked to carry the service yet.  We all need to learn to speak aloud and keep the teacher in front of or heard by the group.  This is how you will use your developing talents as a T/R.

5) Michaels suggestion will be followed and we will take about a month to practice our speaking out loud and that goes for every one.  Sue you fit the bill to do this too, but your time difference makes it hard to institute the service live for now.  We also admire your willingness to transmit even with being hearing impaired but that will be overcome with the help of Serara and Monjoronson once you are here in the States.  Meanwhile, it will pay big time for you to transmit live and practice a lot to get that part of your abilities to be heard by individuals, groups, and on the proposed Lightline.  Lightline-II might be the name to use because it follows in a familiar tradition of the past.  I will not provide any selection of name until I hear more suggestions as we surely have not emptied the choices yet.

Meanwhile I have some work to do to decide how best to go about this.  There is so much to do for the Missions alone I may have to give this project to someone else with instructions on what we want.  I give you no assurance right now what will be ready if anything in a month mostly because of the appearance of Jesus and my Apostleship being instituted, and the fact there is such pressing business on other matters, I will have to advise all of you when the time comes what we have to go.

Thank you all for your attention.  I will chime in once in awhile as your comments collect.  Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

SpeaktheWisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »

Daniel Alderfer: Grassline, or Starline, or Bridgeline, or Fulltime, or Maxconnect, or Celestscene, or Correctconnect. or Seraraconnect. or Zeropoint, or  Princeline, or Masterline, or Wonderline, or Timeline
Overmind: Harp Network
Keerthi: Pella Call
James D: SeraraLine, RevelationLine, UrantiaCircuit, CelestialTransmissionsCircuit, CelestialMessagesLive, TeachingMissionsLive, StarBridgeLive, CorrectionTimeConference, ChristMichaelMissionLine
Waforbes100: Light Link
Esther: Celestial  Call, Celestial Line, Mission Call
Evan: Serara Line or Celestial Hour
Allie: I would like to see the Father's name be somewhere in the title.   ‘Father's Family Time’?   Just so we keep our mind and our Heart on Him.
Lundco: Faithline or Spiritline
Lemuel: LightUp or Lightup

I tried to collect all of them so far. If I missed any, please let me know!