Author Topic: Origin of Life  (Read 887 times)

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
Origin of Life
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:02 PM »
Most here probably know a few of the issues that exist between the history presented by the Urantia Book and the estimated accounts we get from science. One of the big ones is the timing of the origin of life. The prevailing idea has been that single-celled organisms developed billions of years ago until we got fish and other stuff exploring the ocean. The primary evidence of this has been microfossils found in the earth.

"Until recently, life on Earth was said to have begun 3.5 billion years ago, a date originally based on curvaceous, worm-like strings of microfossils — tiny remains of bacteria, protists, fungi, animals, and plants five-thousandths of a millimetre in length, found in the ancient rocks of Western Australia's Marble Bar. The theory was that only the biological world could form complex spiralled forms, so these must be the earliest examples of life. But in 2003, and again earlier this year, an international team discovered how to grow curved inorganic shapes in the laboratory. These biomorphs mimic the shapes of living biominerals, they reported in the journal Science." (http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/09/17/2689221.htm)

That article does a good enough job of covering this issue of whether or not these small fossils were actually formed by single-celled organisms, and I am of the opinion that they were not. Scientific evidence suggests that more complex life evolved from these microscopic organisms sometime between 570-600 million years ago, and the Urantia Book states that life began 550 million years ago.

"(667.6) 58:4.2 550,000,000 years ago the Life Carrier corps returned to Urantia. In co-operation with spiritual powers and superphysical forces we organized and initiated the original life patterns of this world and planted them in the hospitable waters of the realm. All planetary life (aside from extraplanetary personalities) down to the days of Caligastia, the Planetary Prince, had its origin in our three original, identical, and simultaneous marine-life implantations. These three life implantations have been designated as: the central or Eurasian-African, the eastern or Australasian, and the western, embracing Greenland and the Americas.

Just recently, a new fossil of one of life's earlier ancestors was discovered, and it was dated around 540 million years ago. It seems like more evidence is appearing that validates the story the Urantia Book has told when science was still toying with the idea of evolution. (http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38800987)

The big problem most would have from this conclusion is that single-celled life would have to develop far far faster than anyone had imagined, even though we know here that the Life Carrier can control the speed of the evolutionary process and the environment in which it occurs. I expect that this particular truth will be hard for the scientific community to accept as the reality of spirit comes to light, but its not like they will have much to counter it with.
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Origin of Life
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
Thank you Overmind for that very interesting post.  That bbc news story was especially interesting and it sure makes a person think.   As usual your brain is working overtime and I always find anything you post really fascinating.  Thank you for getting me to think.
Your brother 
Dorian
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:07:21 PM »
And my judgment of man's seeming uncanny ability to scientifically understand God's creation was so much simpler, with my simple mind in comparison to yours overmind. From past studies of the Urantia Book I now believe that man's idea of a "Big Bang" that started the Universe was pretty close to right with the instant creations by the Infinite Spirit from the Thought of the Universal Father and the Word of the Eternal Son.
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)

overmind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 11:51:33 PM »
From past studies of the Urantia Book I now believe that man's idea of a "Big Bang" that started the Universe was pretty close to right with the instant creations by the Infinite Spirit from the Thought of the Universal Father and the Word of the Eternal Son.

The specifics of the two really aren't that close, but I would rather not diverge from the thread's topic by going into it.

ssigarto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »
Overmind, I believe science has a much longer timeline because the sudden appearance of mutations does not factor into their linear progression equations of evolution.  Essentially, this is where we would say: and then a miracle happen in the equation  :) .  

Sam
Choose being kind over being right and you will be right every time.

NovaPrime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
Love the subject, overmind..
In my free time I like to comment on internet forums and reveal what I believe regarding the teachings of the UB. Many times I have found atheists not wanting to see that everything has been and is still being created as time passes. Those who don't believe that there's a Creating God but can accept evolution, go to extremes to imagine how life has appeared on the planet. Hence the only close theory out there that approaches faintly the event of the Life Carriers on Urantia is called Panspermia -I'm sure you already know about- which wants to say that microorganisms travel through space and somehow land here to continue living and evolving. And on the opposite end. those who believe in Creation, as is explained in the UB, are most of them not ready to accept the UB teaching.
The fantastic undertaking of the Life Carriers makes complete sense to understand the origin of life here on Earth and I wonder to myself that if I understand and see that as true and good, even beautiful, why so many people out there don't or can't accept such revelations..
   How many years will pass before the scientific community comes to accept what we know is true about the origin of life on earth..? How can something so obvious be dismissed on so many occasions in the name of the bible or in the name of atheism..??
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:57:29 AM by NovaPrime »
God is Love beyond belief..

overmind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
Overmind, I believe science has a much longer timeline because the sudden appearance of mutations does not factor into their linear progression equations of evolution.  Essentially, this is where we would say: and then a miracle happen in the equation  :) .  

Sam

I think another issue is that we have to consider the average rate of mutations/evolution currently as we extrapolate backward in time, but I am pretty sure the speed of such decreased a bit after the Life Carriers completed their mission and left.

overmind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »
Hence the only close theory out there that approaches faintly the event of the Life Carriers on Urantia is called Panspermia -I'm sure you already know about- which wants to say that microorganisms travel through space and somehow land here to continue living and evolving. And on the opposite end. those who believe in Creation, as is explained in the UB, are most of them not ready to accept the UB teaching.
Did you ask them where that foreign life came from? They are creating their own trap by enforcing the belief that life must create life, which is true. You don't have to go far to say an intelligence was behind that. The intellectual escape from Deity would then be the idea that the universe never had a beginning, because then you can argue that life has been spreading around for an infinite amount of time. Don't give them that idea, though.
How many years will pass before the scientific community comes to accept what we know is true about the origin of life on earth..? How can something so obvious be dismissed on so many occasions in the name of the bible or in the name of atheism..??
That is mainly a problem of individual perspective, upbringing, and education. Science will improve over time, and its speed will be determined by what scientists are looking to prove or discover.

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »
Our scientists compared to what we're acquiring here are by far still very primitive. Unless they start focusing on Father, it will be a deadlock to go science any other way, because the biggest scientist the universe has ever known is Father through Christ Michael. 

The Paradise File Three is a wonderful summary of life chrono by Salvington Malvantra Melchizedek. 
Here goes the movie.
Malvantra Melchizedek:" some 550 millions years ago, Like Carriers planted in your salty oceans Life Plasma in various areas, one turned into marine flora, then into fish, Mother Nebadonia started embedding the first "spiritual software", of intuition, the Adjustant Mind Spirit of Intuition, then that of Comprehension, then that of Courage, then that of Knowledge and finally that of Counsel. When among fish some evolved into earth animals, over 21 generations, Primates gave girth to Andon and Fonta. Then Life Carriers made again a report and informed via Jerusem, Edentia and Gabriel, and again mother Nebadonia embedded the last two software "that of worship and the last, that of wisdom", and the last two ones told the difference between our primate ancestors and us forever.
-----------------------
 Scientists work with the last Adjutant Mind Spirit to go ahead in their research, but it is a shame not to invite Father's Fragment in their dealings. When I listen to an audio chapter of the Urantia Book, TA helps me experience/visualize the chapter on a morontia level. I once found myself underwaters, breathing! 

Anymay the whole world will some day recognize that TUB is a must, added to the revised versions coming from Uversa.

Thank you Overmind for the reminder, who knows, maybe some of the next scientists on Urantia are maybe among us already. I particularly enjoy science!
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.