Author Topic: Transmissions and Formatting  (Read 345 times)

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
Transmissions and Formatting
« on: July 06, 2017, 12:25:45 AM »
I'm wondering what the most efficient way to organize transmissions is. The website is being filled with threads containing only one transmission at a time, and some of these end up being very short, and can even just be links to audio sessions. The benefit of this is that there is less straying from the topic, but if there is little discussion outside a group of compliments, I don't see why things shouldn't be grouped together for the sake of those browsing. When looking at the list of threads with unread posts, I am now greeted by 15-25 items each day. Now, perhaps the current format is actually better for archiving, but it seems there could be a better way to go about it in terms of presentation, which might come in handy later. For instance, newer transmitters could keep most of their practice work in one thread, which might showcase personal improvement. Meanwhile, more seasoned transmitters can organize their threads based on the topic or speaker. Such would make it easier to spot trends or relevant information. Just a thought.
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Transmissions and Formatting
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36:59 AM »
You speak my mind Overmind, thanks for putting this on the table.
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.

BrianVB

• Cooperation with goodness toward Light and Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:04:21 AM »
I like your ideas Overmind. I have missed a few important posts and I am having difficulty finding them, and keeping track of what I have read and have not. I echo Assale's response. Thanks for bringing this up at a time when so many messages are being posted now by more transmitters..

Good day,
Brian

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:03:09 AM »
There is no simple solution concerning the plethora of new posts in this area of activity.

If we do not allow new transmissions to surface to be seen and read as they occur under that category, then we are faced with asking transmitters to apply their links and reference and notes under someone elses and that just does not work very well because they often times are unrelated to each other.

I have opted out to allow individual postings of subject transmissions on their own and they can be culled by me going in and hand selecting a line of old transmissions, but the problem with that is to keep current I have do delete daily or weekly or monthly - whatever- some work I rather just sit there to be discovered by members and guests.  I rather on the whole just let the process continue to play out until we have a different type of software that allows us to archive the voice transmissions and the written transmissions if we have to.

Overmind, the discussion forum software allows only what you see.  The designers assumed there would not be so much traffic or that we would keep it going over a period of years that we do.  Their design does not allow for an easy way to re-categorize subject matter.  This is why I must go in every 12 months and knock out anything not posted to for three months.  It removes some clutter but not all.

This is also a training site.  I give priority to learning to transmit and to have a place for practice and messages to be seen and heard immediately for the gratification of the proposed transmitter and so on.  It has to be up to the individual member how important it is to read or hear transmissions from our celestial teachers on various types of subjects and of varying importance.  What I used to do was take a build up of near dying subject transmissions and move them by hand to the archive category, but given the volume we have today I cannot keep up doing that easily anymore.

Bottom line is that we have to continue as we are organizationally and new transmitters will continue to have access to a one up version of what they wish to present to us on a daily basis.  The fact there are no replies in some cases does not imply they are viewed as not worth it but really that listeners and readers get what they want and move on.  I really not interfere with that at all by being arbitrary in ordering a different way of listing things mostly because I do not have that option to do that at all!

I understand the important gets mixed up with practice, but practice does have its own category under new transmissions, and it is not that hard to ignore the notices or set the topic of new transmissions in your "notify" control button and reset to "do not notify."

There may be more creative ways of doing this but such does not occur to me as I write this.  Thank you.
Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
I do think that Marco demonstrated the single thread concept of record for one's personal improvement, however it was combersome with several clicks and scrolls to find the most resent from the "unread" list. Self-evaluation is important for change decisions. It would be nice if software would allow.

More time and effort is only inevitable to growth and expansion. And as time moves forward we learn to adapt and step up the pace with more time and effort to eat the cherry pie of revelations and in the meantime gain all the experiences of others to achieve the goal.

I find that, to not miss true revelations and pertainent warnings it is best to click on every single "new" post even if it is a simple compliment. If I encounter a multi-page then quickly I click and stroll to that last comment, to also and very importantly then scroll backwards to my last remembered place and low and behold there are loads of revelation I could have missed.

My preferred posting Technic is short and sweet and to the point. As I do even, cruze by the humanized judgemental clutter even in revelations as we know that each and every personality, like it or not, has a place within the Supreme Being.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:44:08 PM by Don Crownover »
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 01:20:06 PM »
For the convenience of Forum members who may not be aware, when you are logged in, you will see at the top left immediately below your Forum ID name a link that reads:

"Show unread posts since last visit." 

when you click on this it displays those posts as well as being helpful to scout out the ones you may have missed. :)
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »
I'm not really asking for admin to do anything about it. It's just one of those things that has to be managed by transmitters. It appears there is no attempt to group individual additions based on subject matter, date, or the celestials involved. This would not only reduce clutter, but increase the value found in individual threads. Of course, there is also the opposite extreme where very few threads are made and they are all cluttered and hard to browse through. I'm just hoping for a middle road at some point.
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

BrianVB

• Cooperation with goodness toward Light and Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 06:56:02 PM »
Thank-you Ron, Don and Newstarsaphire for your explanations and advice. I do use the link for show unread posts since last visit, and it really helps. However, perhaps the onus is really on me to become better organized.

Good day
Brian
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 07:00:30 PM by BrianVB »