Author Topic: Do Not Underestimate Yourself  (Read 125 times)

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
Do Not Underestimate Yourself
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
"There are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along.   People who will appreciate our compassion and our unique talents.   Someone who will lead a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring.   All of which have the potential to turn a life around.   It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt!" ......................Leo Buscaglia
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do Not Underestimate Yourself
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:14:19 AM »
My dear Allie, This morning I felt to send you a warm note of love but only had a few moments to leave for work. So I grabbed a recent used book purchase, off my shelf of only a few books remaining. I chose to just open it hopeing to be guided to the right prayer as I have not read the book yet.

I looked at the shortest prayer on the page and it was fitting but there was a long prayer on opposite page that prolonged my time and abandonment until returning home.

Now, before I retire for the night I look back at that saved page to more carefully read it again and I right away see this prayer so beutifully written, there before my eyes, and this one carried on to the next page, three of them.

Hope you enjoy. Love, Don.

Jane Austen (1775-1817)

"The fifth of a Hampshire clergyman's seven children, Jane Austen published four of her six great novels and anonymously and the other two were not published until after she had died. She wrote almost in secret, hiding the paper under a folder if she heard the door creak as somebody entered the room. Yet her wit and amused tolerance of human behavior made her a unique Observer of the Society of her time and one of the world's greatest novelist."

"Incline us, O God, to think humbly of our ourselves, to be saved only in the examination of our own conduct, to consider our fellow-creatures with kindness, and to judge of all they say and do with the charity which we would desire from them ourselves; through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

"Give us grace almighty Father to address thee with all our hearts as well as with our lips. Thou Art everywhere present from thee no secrets can be hidden. Teach us to fix our thoughts on thee, reverently and with love, so that our prayers are not in vain, but are acceptable to thee, now and always; through Jesus Christ Our Lord"

"Grant us grace almighty Father, so to pray as to deserve to be heard."

2000 years of Prayer compiled by Michael Counsell 1999
(Page 342)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:25:54 AM by Don Crownover »
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)