Author Topic: Self Reliance and Being A Self Starter  (Read 296 times)

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Self Reliance and Being A Self Starter
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »

Thoughts on Self Reliance and  Being A Self Starter

Good morning one and all.   As I woke up this morning even before I had taken just a few steps and before my eyes had really began to focus, the words “self reliant” and “self starter”  bombarded my thinking… even before I had hit the start button on my coffee maker.

Like most of you, I am sure, one of the things I do when I first lay down to sleep for the night, and offer my love and prayers,  I always request and authorize ( should it be required) Spirit  to “download” any information that might improve my understanding, knowledge and abilities.  Knowing that we have been taught that much, very much, is accomplished  for us on a superconcious level during our periods at rest and recharge.  Also I request all that can be done on my behalf to improve and strengthen whatever circuitry that Mother Spirit and Her Spirit Ministry install and whatever influence can be accomplished from the 7 Adjutant Mind Spirits.   Many times I have requested to be taken in Spirit to attend any classes that may be available but I have no recollection that that has occurred yet,  although I do believe it may be possible.   I hope so anyway.

Sorry, I am getting off point.    

I do also at this point want to establish that this is not necessarily bonafied reception although I am not sure just where this came from but just share it with you as it seemed like a good topic to discuss and think about.   Many times it is quite usual for me to wake up and have thoughts, phrases, and words floating around in my  mind and I try and take notice of these opportunities that seem to get presented to me not only in the mornings when my mind is fresh and more focused,  but at many times during the day, regardless of what I am involved with during  just every day goings on, and I am sure that many here have the same things that regularly occur, for that  seems to be one of the many ways Spirit works with me and I don’t  know if that is just the Spirit of Intuition at work or some other of Mother’s Spirit’s wonderful methods of contact and inclusion.

I decided to look up and research these two words.   Self Reliance and Self Starter.  Similar terms and look at the contained qualities of these meanings and see how they can better work for, in, and through us.

Our work with Spirit can be better accomplished when we can achieve  and integrate these states of mind, these qualitative attributes of being, into our lives. To be able to become self reliant and be a self started frees Spirit to help move more suredly towards achievement.   I sometimes chastise myself for “wanting” encouragement and then think that if I am truly self reliant and a self starter then that constant view of encouragement and desire and need for inspiration outside ourselves really shows a lack of confidence in the gifts and trust, responsibilities, and faith in not only myself as a possible worker  with Spirit and the Universal Administration of this world but it shows  me lacking  these very same qualities in my trust and confidence in the abilities  of Spirit to be effective in their work with us.  While we may be called the Children of the Father, we are not children, and need to move beyond these perceived needs and notions to always  expect encouragement, constant acknowledgment, prodding, inspiration and  the motivation to continue on doing what we already know is  the right thing to do.

In the 1970’s, one of the popular buzzwords of employment in what Business looks for is this idea of being a self starter.   Not always needing someone to tell you what to do every moment….. having initiative.   That buzzword and that of becoming self reliant come well into play for us in having accepted these mandates of  our Universal Administration and have being given these rare rare opportunities that the few of us here on this site and forum are being entrusted with by  our own choosing to become a part of this great event in Urantia’s  history.

Spirit will certainly always be there to help  and guide us and I also think that they look forward to that time when we can achieve these levels of self reliance and become examples of  exemplary self starters.

My research this morning into these two words  resulted in:

reliant on one's own powers and resources rather than those of others:

Self reliance is the ability to depend on yourself to get things done and to meet your own needs. ... reliance on one's own judgment, abilities

Self-reliance is the ability to do things and make decisions by yourself, without needing other people to help you.

self-starter definition, meaning, what is self-starter: a person who is able to work effectively without regularly needing to be told what to do: .

In my research I ran across this article and was naturally attracted to it since it mentioned “Sustainable” since that will be one of the functions and goals of the Missions to bring this to Urantia.    Although this article is talking about work being done in communities, still I think it apply applies to us as individuals, as goals for ourselves in being better prepared to be intimately involved with our work with Michael, Mother Spirit, Jesus, Serara, Monjoronson, and all the Melchizedeks.

“Self-reliance is defined by independence. It is the ability to think and act without the help or influence of others, the ability to decide what you should be or do. Dependency is the act of relying on others to make decisions for an individual. This causes people with power and privilege to take responsibility for the lives of those that are less fortunate. Dependent people learn to rely on others, failing to find the motivation to solve problems on their own. This learned helplessness is a learned behavior that to be reversed before an individual can become self-reliant.” As quoted from Why Is Self Reliance Important for Sustainable Development?

“learned helplessness”( I found this phrase to be quite poignant…)

I really just want to share this with any of you who might find this of interest.    I began this by stating that I am not quite sure from whom this comes from but it has been very interesting and even fun to do this today   In love worship and in service to the Father and all of Spirit.    LarryG
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:38:34 AM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

Zao

• Always remember to...exhale....and...trust.......
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Self Reliance and Being A Self Starter
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »
"
Teacher Ophelius: “Dear Students on the path,

“In weeks past, we have talked about the ‘One Mind’ and how we are all connected as focal points of consciousness within this One Mind of the Creator. If we were to visualize consciousness as if looking at a two dimensional map, we might better understand how to navigate this One Mind and use our focal point within it to move the collective of human consciousness forward toward a more enlightened path.

“All of us are like patches in a gigantic quilt, all connected by the threads that hold it together. If we would use geometric shape, color, and pattern to represent that part of the quilt that is humanity, we would see that there is a unique hue and design within this gigantic quilt work that outlines the mass consciousness of Urantia at the planetary level. From within this part of the quilt there are other related patch distinctions of complementary color and pattern that define consciousness in subsets. The center of each subset is like the nucleus of a cell that contains all the information and structures needed to communicate to the patches the racial history of the planet.

“Each child born into the world spawns a patch within the subset of the parents and thus begins the subconscious programming of that patch by the nucleus of the subset. If we think about consciousness in this way, we can then use our minds to connect not only to other minds within the quilt, but to the subset structures that contain the racial history. It is possible then, to change the subconscious layer at the nucleus which then feeds all the other patches connected to it by the threads that hold everything together. The key to Light and Life then becomes a matter of changing the subconscious programming at the nucleus of the quilted subsets — change that and all the patches take on a new color and pattern which affects all other subset structures connected to it.

“This is ‘Consciousness Mapping’ and it is something we study at length here on the mansion worlds, which can be incredibly complicated. As you know, the world is not flat as it is represented on a map, but three dimensional — spherical. Your human minds are better suited to the logic of planes, not spheres, and so looking at it in the ‘flat’ can help you navigate. Consciousness however, is ‘nested’ in spheres similarly to a Matryoshka Doll — a Russian stacking doll. You (humanity) are at the center of the stack so to speak — the smallest of the dolls within larger dolls. Because you are sewn into the quilt of this smallest sphere of consciousness, your focal point can be more effective in changing the programming of the subset nucleus. My thoughts and words coming to you stem from a larger doll in the stack which connects to this receiver by a vertical thread (connecting these two dolls). I do not have direct access to the nucleus of the subset and so any re-programming can only be effectively done by those sewn into the quilt of the nested sphere of influence.

“We (Spirit) are here to help you help yourselves, but we cannot simply wave a magic wand and make all your troubles vanish. You need to do the work, yet we (Spirit) understand that your troubles did not originate from your sphere, but from higher spheres (Lucifer, Satan, Caligastia) and this is why you are to have a divine representative — a Magisterial Son among you in the flesh to greatly aid and accelerate your re-programming of the map. The Magisterial infrastructure (circuitry), at an energetic level, is nearly complete, and Monjoronson will be in need of those who are willing to navigate the maps and work with him to bring this world to Light and Life. We shall speak more about this ‘Consciousness Mapping’ in the coming weeks.

“Peace to you,
 “The Circle of Seven.”

© The 11:11 Progress Group.
Zao

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »
Zao,  I have been trying to figure out just how  this meaningful lesson from Ophelius relates to the topic and subject of Self Reliance and Being a Self Starter.  This lesson seems to be taken in full from the 11:11 Progress Group and the Circle of Seven that I have often read and probably transmitted to George Bernard as he is the Admin of that site.   Since this has nothing to do where you have posted this, perhaps you might delete  it from this discussion and place it in it's own thread so people can respond to it separately and lessen the confusion that is created when different subject matters are all mixed up and don't  have anything to do with one another.  And might I also suggest that if you are going to post a complete transmission from another site, that you include  not only the Speaker,and the Lesson Title but equally important for the reader to know, is  where and when this was taken and who the receiver is. If you do not include this valuable information, the reader has no idea of the source of the material he is reading.   We sometimes have these instances when  needless confusion gets created over topics that get innocently misplaced and con-mingled.   As I said this lesson from  Ophelius is a good one and deserves it's own home.     LarryG
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:29:26 PM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

Zao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
I'm surprised at your confusion.

Be Well.
Zao
Zao

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »
Lol....me too, Zao.....I guess I am just missing the relationship betwwen the two.....I will reread it again when I get off from work tonight.    As they say,,,, I am confused with confusion.....( a smile and a wink)...... Larry G

Lundco

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »
 Larry, I would not be too concerned, if you haven't noticed the more replies to a post the more people read them. Look at the number of people who have read Daniel's last post because of all the replies. Zao's post may not pertain to yours totally, however it will help get your post read more! Just an observation over the years.   Lundco
Wichita,Ks

With faith I go, as Love lights the way.

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
Well dear Larry, let us work at it.  Zao has a mind set that sees around corners.  Did you know that?  Some of us do and some of us will never be able to do that.  In the mind of Zao is a little nut that has nothing to do all day but look at God quizzically and note that God is seldom regular in his approach to self knowledge.  Your self knowledge Larry Gossett, is based on your daily doings, but the nut bark in Zao's mind sees the corner not as an obstacle but as a gravity push around the blocking objectivity of self knowledge-- sort of like using Jupiter to get the satellite to Pluto to photograph it, and that Zao's ability does the same thing to being unable to be sure what a particular objectivity means at all without referencing the God point in it.  In the corner, or around the corner, or past the corner on the other side - -

SO: let me explain just a little bit more: Most people reference a physical object by the table it is on and the room it is in and if it has an electrical cord connected to it.  Zao sees that too, but he also has a mind that details the physical object as a creation.  Anything in its basic pattern, he says,  is the result of God placing the materials there to use and the creation really is a joint project between the inventor and God.  Zao prefers to see the God part more and subjects the physical object to its original intention through the co-creativity of God Himself.

Reliance is really a objective tool to force being on time and time is a God endowment and Zao points out through Ophelius that the mind is reliable when healthy and that it enforces timeliness (reliability and being a self starter in time) as the result of the Creator weaving the patchwork of minds on Urantia into the universal ideal of being there when needed to act upon a problem.  I do not work hard with Zao, because he sees the quilt, all of it to his gaze in time, yet he never describes that viewpoint because it gets lost as a lesson to we who listen to his prompts and whistles in the nut case in his head, but we who listen also know that Zao is a universalist and not a prince among objects or habits.

Let me point out to all of you, that your perception of reality is conditioned by what you consider normal to regulate your sense of belonging-ness in a place in a mind in a country in a world, and that if any one of those places is disarranged at all you can be made sick and nauseous and need to be, QUICK, taken back to familiar things.  Zao is not familiar in mind to most of us, but I study these things as you write your various views on this forum, and while I am not a universalist as Zao is, I am more universal than most of you are and I can sound downright out in left field when I accidentally trigger my nut shell in my mind for a different take and relationship than most of you accept or may never know.

Ron

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:55:47 PM by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Zao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »
Dear Ron.....  There is oft with 'expanded horizons'...an adjustment required...that is experienced as 'loneliness'...it becomes too, the 'grit' that keeps our Balance along the 'slippery sloops'......  I say with Joy, that my Journey's pathway has rarely been so 'warmed and reflected' as you have just done.  Thank you.... I have never loved you more......and I Celebrate our Mutuality in this Amazing Service and Destiny for which we are Called.
In Michael's Service...through Father's Heart....my Love to you, Brother.
Zao
Zao

Zao

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
"MYSTERY"

We should learn to Celebrate
Our Mutual Heritage
of Transcendence....
How Blessed I am
within the Illusions
of strength and freedom....
for in moments of Despair
I am Confronted with
the Paradox of these Illusions,
whereupon my Eyes Open,
and I behold a Friend!

Zao

" PART AND WHOLE "

Little impact we seem to nurture
Along life’s journey toward the Future.
Our weight of Will seems but a feather –
Separate, alone – a fragile tether.
Each part so tiny – compared to Whole –
What possible connection to a mutual goal?
Yet cell by cell does life begin –
Thus birth comes from within.
So it’s true of our Communal Soul – Destiny is our mutual goal.
One by one we Add together –
Our wings are covered by each feather.
So we fly…toward our Goal –
Separate Parts of the Whole!

Zao

"PART AND WHOLE - two"
Drop by drop the Ocean fills,
Desert basins swallow hills.
Soon horizons are filled with Sea,
Who’d imagine it could ever be?
Add your flow to Mankind’s course,
Serve your brother, add your force!
Uplift Mankind along the way,
Such Honor is yours from First day!

Zao
Zao

Capote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 04:00:16 AM »
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your post Larry. Amazing insights into the topic of self reliance.

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »

Dear Capote. I noticed that this is your first participation in the Serara Forum. Be very welcome. On the other hand, if you want, there is a topic of presentation when the new members speak a little of themselves, so that the other members know a little. A big brotherly hug. Julio.
======= 
Caro Capote. Eu notei que esta é sua primeira participação no Fórum Serara. Seja muito bem-vindo. Por outro lado, se quiser, existe um tópico de apresentação quando os novos membros falam um pouco de si mesmo, para que os demais membros conheçam um pouco. Um grande abraço fraternal. Julio.
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)