Author Topic: Reading of the Urantia Book  (Read 2237 times)

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
Reading of the Urantia Book
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »
I just finished my first complete reading of the Urantia Book!   In the beginning, I could not understand why Lord Metatron and others, felt that it was so important for us to read.   Now, I know why!   While I was reading it , (front to back, including the Forward), I was amazed at all the insight, new ideas and information that I was gathering.   There is an added dimension to the life and teachings of Jesus, that is totally missed if one doesn't read the first three parts.  

Now, it's time to read it again!

Namaste,
Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reading of the Urantia Book
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »
You have my respect and admiration Allie! Well done  ;)

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »
Good job, Allie. It took me nearly two years to get all of my reading done.  ;D
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

Geoff606

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »
Well done, Allie!  You will find the effort has been well worth the time. 

Geoff606

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
Allie, sorry it has  taken me so long to respond  but I just wanted to congratulate  you on  your first complete reading of the Urantia Book!... I remember, quite well, the day  I finished my first..... a "Dear Diary Day" indeed!!!!!!I have been spending a bit of time every day for the past couple of weeks in my goal and commitment to reread  our wonderful Urantia Book...... Hopefully I will be able to finish it before  our  much anticipated New Urantia Book 11 is released  to our world.     Again, a "hearty"  congratulations ...LarryG
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 10:25:06 PM »
Congrats Allie, Your efforts speak to self-discipline, establishing routine, and last, creating a need, a desire to read, and uplift or enlighten you life.
Thanks for your example!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
My Brother Walt,
Congratulations on getting to page 502!  I know several people, outside of the Forum, who haven't even gotten that far!  

If I might make a suggestion to you.    Read the book, front to back without stopping to do any highlighting or taking notes.   And don't take the time to commit certain key phrases/expressions to memory.    By just reading it, you will gain insight, ideas and information.   There will also be an added dimension to the life and teaching of Jesus.    At least, that's what happened to me.   Then when you are finished, go back and spend time on those areas you feel are important to remember.   You won't have the pressure that you have now and it may be more enjoyable for you.

Best wishes,
Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:28:16 PM »
I will first opt for a comprehensive reading of the chapters about Jesus, then Chapter 1 and the other chapters, as once you have understood the life of Jesus, the whole book becomes clear, crystal clear.

But as Allie puts it, we can go through the book without any stopover for notes and then rebegin for more remarks.
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.

Kurt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:37:28 PM »
And don't worry about the more difficult papers. Your TA will absorb the meanings and process it for you. 

waforbes100

• I love You, Universal FATHER!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 11:18:59 AM »
My Brother Walt,
Congratulations on getting to page 502!  I know several people, outside of the Forum, who haven't even gotten that far!  

If I might make a suggestion to you.    Read the book, front to back without stopping to do any highlighting or taking notes.   And don't take the time to commit certain key phrases/expressions to memory.    By just reading it, you will gain insight, ideas and information.   There will also be an added dimension to the life and teaching of Jesus.    At least, that's what happened to me.   Then when you are finished, go back and spend time on those areas you feel are important to remember.   You won't have the pressure that you have now and it may be more enjoyable for you.

Best wishes,
Allie

Oh dear sister Allie! That is exactly what I needed to hear! I have changed my approach to align with this suggestion, and already (this morning) it has been reaping appreciable results! Thank you so much for your wonderful help here (I'm now on page 521 - which is quite a faster rate than previously)!  :)

All Love & Gratitude,
Walt