Author Topic: Introduction of a Newbie  (Read 1501 times)

VBolhuis

Introduction of a Newbie
« on: February 17, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
Good Day,

I recently joined the Serara Forum after I discovered this and other links through The Correcting Time and the Daynals Institute websites. Within the last couple of years, as a truthseeker, I had been looking for any recent activities and insights from other readers of The Urantia Book, by scanning the Internet. This eventually led me to the forum.

Regarding The Urantia Book, I have read and re-read and listened to versions of it ever since my discovery of the book in Oct 1992  (actually I really think the book found me). I was incredibly drawn to the truths it revealed. Often, having sensed the incredible Love of God when reading and listening to the book, I have often been overcome with emotion.

As a Urantia Book reader, I am familiar with the titles of the ascending and descending Sons of God and the revealed structure of Paradise and the superuniverses, so that when I discovered this forum, I was delighted to see all the connections to The Urantia Book. Over the last number of years, I had sensed that there had to be activity occurring now beyond the revelation of the Urantia Book, but still relating to it.

Currently, I am semi-retired and am seeking to serve and do something more meaningful. Something to help my fellow Urantians rather than contributing to corporate profit as with my previous career. I want to do the will of our Heavenly Father.

Thank-you for accepting me as a member. God bless us all.

Kindest regards,
Brian.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:47:31 PM by BrianVB »

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction of a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:18:09 PM »
Nice to meet you Brian and welcome,welcome,

I relate to what you mentioned about the Urantia Book and the hunger or drive to find out what the universe is trying to tell us right now today.  Thank God for our Father Fragments within to guide us through it all .
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:34:03 PM »
Greetings Brian!   I enjoyed reading your story.  All of us have found our way here by different paths.   We are all learning and growing and finding our way back to the Father.  You are most welcome to join us on our journey. ...............  Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

Dorian

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »
Hello Brian,  May I also welcome you this wonderful family of spiritual minded people.  Even though we come from all walks of life and from diverse races and places.  We all have ONE thing in common.  Doing the Fathers Will.  You are truly among your fellow humans who wish to make our planet one of Light and Life.  Welcome again.
Dorian
Domtia

roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »
Hello Brian,

Welcome to the Forum.  We are a big family, and getting bigger all the time.  You said that the Urantia book found you.  I found that amusing because my experience was similar.  I saw the Urantia book on a bookstore shelf but I did not buy it that day.  For the next week that book hounded me until I went back to the bookstore and bought it.  I have never regretted that decision.  

Domtia
Roger

If people acted like they were in heaven, we would have heaven on earth.

Geoff606

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:36:55 AM »
Welcome, BrianVB!

I enjoyed reading your introductory post. I do relate to the "tears of joy" being shed many times while reading, or rereading The Urantia Book. I remember my first introduction to the UB at a friend's home. I started reading at page 1176, after perusing the table of contents, and became engrossed in the Nature and Ministry of Thought Adjusters. That was August 1974.

My 36 year employment was working in a high-end audio store. We published a booklet each year and handed them out to our customers. It was informative and full of reviews on equipment we recommended. I can understand why you found the UB such a valuable book, considering the work you did writing manuals. It's easy to see from your post that your writing skills are well practiced.

Again, I welcome you to our forum. There is much to read here, in the archives and in posting history.  We will enjoy hearing how your TA guided your life decisions to bring you to this spot we all share.

Geoff

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 07:53:53 AM »
Hi and welcome BrianBV,
Thank  you for sharing your journey and purpose with us.  I guess we all have that desire to find 'something more' out of our discovery of the many new revelations of TUB, the TM and the MM.  Our paths may be varied but we are all hungry souls craving to seek out more food from Father's spiritual banquet.  For us here in this small family, that is one of the most especially enthralling thing we get to be a part of...our appetites are just whetted as we come to know more and as our souls grow.  This is a piece of heaven!
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

niant2

• Antonio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »
Welcome my dear friend Brian. You're now part of the true family of God. Members here are very exceptional, true believer, and they'll give you a lot of information, attention and especially a lot of love.

I hope you'll find here what you were looking for all your life!!!!  :) ;)
Father, if it is your will, ... I would like to express to you my intention and my desire to have the possibility for the fusion with my Personal Thought Adjuster during my life time on Urantia and this of course in order to serve you better Father, to better serve your beloved son Jesus.

charlie montoya

• 720-207-8176
    • MSN Messenger - montoya.chuck@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - 11100+E+Dartmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:16 AM »
Welcome brother Brian BV, I also feel that TUB found me as well, I figured there had to be answers somewhere, so I was on a search for truth, TUB was just what the doctor ordered. I also found this site, thru the Daynal Institute, then on to the teaching mission, which lead me here to this most blessed site. There are many brilliant God loving and God knowing brothers and sisters here, to learn and grow from. We have grown in love, compassion, service, and most of all patience. We are truly blessed.  Domtia Charlie Peace and Love to you and yours my brother.
Eternal Love will not be denied

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
Dear Brian. Welcome to this blessed place on the internet that seeks the light of God, and with many topics related to the Urantia Book.
                      Yes, the Urantia Book is important, but the truth is dynamic and evolutionary. Both this is true that the Urantia Book speaks expressly that one day would arrive the time of a Magisterial Mission in our planet. And this moment has come. And soon we will have the announcement of the Magisterial Mission and the return of Jesus.
                      I read the Urantia Book for the first time in the year 2010. In two weeks I read the entire book because I was totally amazed by the revelation of the 196 documents and the introduction.
                      Afterwards, I thought. Just as you thought, "Is there anything else?" Or is it only the revelation of the Urantia Book?
                      Searching the internet about Urantia, in the English language (my native language is Portuguese, since I am a native of Brazil) I initially found the site "Urantia Free Press" (which seems to me to be edited by Donna Lynn) that made explicit reference to Welcome, Guest. This at the end of the year 2014. Soon, I registered in the Serara Forum. And I just made my introduction in February 2015, after private message conversations with manager Ron Besser who encouraged me to make the personal presentation with an introduction. It was then, after my personal presentation, that I started to actively participate in this Forum.
                       Yes, I also noticed that the discussions at the Serara Forum were complementary to the Urantia Book. And much more, for they are being transmitted by the same celestial beings who wrote the Book of Urantia between the years of 1928 to 1934 in Chicago, United States. Urantia Book which was first published in the year 1955. As far as I can see, the Urantia Book was transmitted (in trance-through Thought Adjuster) from Willian Sadler to a group of Americans. And these same heavenly beings who wrote the Urantia Book are indirectly on this site through the messages transmitted by various members of this Serara Forum, and who say that the Magisterial Mission and the return of Jesus are near.
                      The Serara Forum is a unique environment on the internet, a moment of connection between us humans and celestial beings, in a spiritual family that seeks the light of God, with people from all continents, and who speak different languages.
                      I wish that God's light will always enlighten you with wisdom and love in this spiritual family that seeks to advance the personal spirituality of each member with messages that nourish our souls with hope and faith. Julio.

=== 
Caro Brian. Seja muito bem-vindo a este lugar abençoado na internet que busca a luz de Deus, e, com muitos tópicos relacionados ao Livro de Urantia. 
                     Sim, o Livro de Urantia é importante, mas a verdade é dinâmica e evolutiva. Tanto isto é verdade que o Livro de Urantia fala expressamente que um dia iria chegar o tempo de uma Missão Magisterial em nosso planeta. E este momento chegou. E logo teremos o anúncio da Missão Magisterial e do retorno de Jesus.
                      Eu li o Livro de Urantia pela primeira vez no ano de 2010. Em duas semanas eu li o livro inteiro, pois eu fiquei totalmente admirado com a revelação dos 196 documentos e a introdução.
                      Depois, eu pensei. Assim como você pensou: - Será que existe algo mais? Ou será somente a revelação do Livro de Urantia?
                       Pesquisando na internet sobre Urantia, no idioma inglês (meu idioma nativo é português, pois sou natural do Brasil) eu encontrei, inicialmente, o site "Urantia Free Press" (que me parece que é editado por Donna Lynn) que fazia referência expressa ao Fórum Serara. Isto no final do ano de 2014. Logo, eu me cadastrei no Fórum Serara. E somente fiz a minha introdução em fevereiro de 2015, após conversas com mensagens privativas com o administrador Ron Besser que me encorajou para eu fazer a apresentação pessoal com uma introdução. Foi então, após a minha apresentação pessoal, que eu comecei a participar ativamente neste Fórum.
                       Sim, eu também notei que as discussões no Fórum Serara eram complementares ao Livro de Urantia. E muito mais, pois estão sendo transmitidas pelos mesmos seres celestiais que escreveram o Livro de Urantia entre os anos de 1928 a 1934 em Chicago, Estados Unidos. Livro de Urantia que foi publicado pela primeira vez no ano de 1955. Pelo que eu entendi, o Livro de Urantia foi transmitido (em estado de transe - através do Ajustador do Pensamento) de Willian Sadler a um grupo de americanos. E estes mesmos seres celestiais que escreveram o Livro de Urantia estão neste site de forma indireta, através das mensagens transmitidas por vários membros deste Fórum Serara, e que dizem, que a Missão Magisterial e o retorno de Jesus estão próximos.
                     O Fórum Serara é um ambiente único na internet, um momento de conexão entre nós seres humanos e os seres celestiais, em uma família espiritual que busca a luz de Deus, com pessoas de todos os continentes, e que falam diversos idiomas.
                     Eu desejo que luz de Deus ilumine você sempre com sabedoria e amor nesta família espiritual que busca avançar a espiritualidade pessoal de cada membro, com mensagens que nutrem nossas almas com esperança e fé. Julio.
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

ssigarto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:49 AM »
Welcome my dear brother BrianVB.  So very nice to find another engineer in the family and on the forum.  You will find much love and understanding here, and a common belief that binds us together and keeps us united.  

Sam
Choose being kind over being right and you will be right every time.

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 08:23:52 PM »
Welcome Brian!
Oh my goodness, you have hit a home run on this one:
Deep down I knew there had to be more going on than being part of a reader's group and passively discussing the wisdom in The Urantia Book. Even though I think there is nothing wrong with that, I felt it was incomplete.
Since our Lord Jesus left this little blue or, most of humanity has been bogged in the maelstrom of what you penned above!
And, because of this, the fact that revelation does exist, and is available to all was hidden away, made available only through the machinations, and parables of those in ecclesiastical authority, or  on lofty pedestals of cult leadership.
Thank-you, and once more, welcome home!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...