Author Topic: Introduction - Licha  (Read 3773 times)

Licha

• View Profile
Introduction - Licha
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:50:11 PM »
Hello, my name is Licha, in the last 3 months I have discovered Serara Forum and have been held captive thereof. My home for some years has been in Southern California.  I was born and raised in Mexico, came to the United States as a young adult already bi-lingual in Spanish and English. My college education was in Riverside Calif.  For many years I have been interpreter and translator in different occupational situations with the State of California and other agencies and businesses.

Although I am computer literate, my experience does not extend to social media, thus I have not previously participated in any forum or blog.  Upon reading Daniel Alderfer’s messages on The Ring of Fire and Tectonic Disturbances I felt the need to translate the messages into Spanish so to reach a larger Hispanic population. It is my understanding that Spanish from Mexico is easily understood in most Latin American countries, thus I sincerely hope to be of some assistance here.

I would like to share something about myself. My spiritual journey really began after I became a single parent, in a land that adopted me, no friends at that time. Because I was raised in the Christian environment I had not really made a commitment to Christ, when I did, my life changed.  Several times I felt the internal need to help others, but was reluctant to travel to other foreign lands, so I decided to "bloom where I am."  Learning about Jesus has been present in my life ever since I have memory.

I am a lifelong learner and with an insatiable need to learn about God and Jesus. Some years ago someone showed me "Caballo de Troya" the first in a series of books that came too slow for my liking. Then the Urantia Book came to my attention and began reading--the terminology was mind boggling.  At first it seemed impossible to accept fully the information but it rang true.  I prayed to God for me to reject any teaching that was not true, as often the information is different than the Bible. What happened is that I began getting more and more information, whenever I had a question and an explanation and more came my way.

My quest for God has brought me here.  God bless and have a fantastic day!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:22:07 PM by Licha »

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introduction - Licha
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »
Hi Licha, welcome aboard, feel yourself at ease, you are among family members here. We are happy to have you in our team of translators, your expertise in this field will be useful to the spanish community. Don't be shy to participate in the discussion forum and to ask questions if needed, there are always advanced members to help. You are at the right place and in the right time.

Clency (t4t)
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:53:46 AM »
Deeply valued Licha, Warmest welcome and loving greetings from New Zealand.  I am relatively new to the forum too but it seems our timing was not our own 👌 So glad to have you here. Wendy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:47:27 AM by wendy.winter »

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:57:41 AM »
Dear Licha, warmest welcome from Ivory Coast, West Africa. Welcome to the classroom of the Spirit, to be trained and got informed.
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.

Allie

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
Hello Licha,  You are very welcome here.     Your translating abilities will be needed!

Michael S Queen

• "our hands brush/one finger/then/two"
    • ICQ Messenger - 9700698
    • MSN Messenger - kasaanmike@outlook.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MQueen7654
    • View Profile
    • Where in the world is Mike Queen?
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »
Welcome aboard, Licha!
I hope and pray you find the spiritual nourishment you seek here at Serara.org.
Blessings,
Mike
Pneyoptia

michael s. queen
PO Box 19470
Thorne Bay, Alaska 99919-0470

Email: pursermike@hotmail.com

“The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea.”
Isak Dinesen

Miranda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:38 AM »
welcome Licha,
Miranda 

GaryP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 12:29:27 PM »
Welcome Licha. Your interpreter skills will definitely be helpful to our Spanish
brothers & sisters.   GaryP
Stratford, Ct.

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »
Welcome Licha.  Benvinido!
Lemuel

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
Be very welcome Licha. It is good to know that there are other Latin American members in this Serara Forum and who are willing to translate the key messages to the Spanish language. I also like the Spanish language. The Spanish language is very similar to the Portuguese language. For people who know the Portuguese language, just slowly speak the Spanish language you can easily understand most of a conversation. I was born and lived in "Rio Grande do Sul" (1965 - the year of my birth - until 1993), a state of Brazil which has borders with Argentina and Uruguay. In Rio Grande do Sul there is a strong influence of Spanish-speaking countries, such as Argentina and Uruguay. I like the songs sung in Spanish. My father (now deceased) loved Mexican music, and of course the "Tango" and "bolero", very popular in the generation of my parents in Rio Grande do Sul. However, when I was a teenager, I liked only " rock ". Then I learned to like all rhythms and all kinds of music, especially when I started to practice lessons "dance hall" with my wife. One of the things I was sad is hardly see translations for Spanish in this Forum Serara. On the other hand, I was extremely happy when he learned that the Second Urantia Book will have two versions translated, shortly after launch, one for the "Mandarin" (China) and one for the language "Spanish". I'm happy for the choice of language "Mandarin" to benefit billion Chinese. I am also very happy with the choice of language "Spanish" that will benefit all countries of Spanish language, that is, much of Latin America and, of course, Spain. That God's light shine their participation in the various topics in this forum Serara. A fraternal embrace from Brazil. Julio da Luz.

===
Seja muito bem-vinda Licha. É bom saber que existem outros membros latino-americanos neste Fórum Serara e que estão dispostos a traduzir as principais mensagens para o idioma espanhol. Eu, também, gosto do idioma espanhol. O idioma espanhol é muito parecido com o idioma português. Para as pessoas que sabem o idioma português, basta falar lentamente o idioma espanhol que se consegue entender com facilidade a maior parte de uma conversa.  Nasci e morei  no "Rio Grande do Sul" (de 1965 - ano de meu nascimento - até 1993), um Estado do Brasil que possui fronteira com a Argentina e com o Uruguai. No Rio Grande do Sul existe uma forte influência dos países de idioma espanhol, como a Argentina e o Uruguai.  Eu gosto das músicas cantadas no idioma espanhol. Meu pai (já falecido) adorava as músicas mexicanas, além é claro do "tango" e do "bolero", muito populares na geração de meus pais no Rio Grande do Sul. No entanto, quando eu era adolescente, eu gostava só de "rock". Depois aprendi a gostar de todos os ritmos e de todos os tipos de música, principalmente, quando comecei a praticar aulas de "dança de salão" com minha esposa. Uma das coisas que eu mais ficava triste é quase não ver traduções para o idioma espanhol neste Fórum Serara. Por outro lado, fiquei extremamente feliz quando soube que o Segundo Livro de Urantia vai ter duas versões traduzidas, logo após o lançamento, uma para o "mandarim" (China) e outro para o idioma "espanhol". Fico feliz pela escolha do idioma "mandarim", para beneficiar bilhões de chineses. Também fico muito feliz pela escolha do idioma "espanhol" que irá beneficiar todos os países de língua espanhola, ou seja, boa parte da América Latina e, naturalmente, a Espanha. Que a luz de Deus ilumine sua participação nos diversos tópicos neste Fórum Serara. Um abraço fraternal do Brasil. Julio da Luz.
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »
Welcome Licha! This is the place!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

Daniel Alderfer

• I will not leave or forsake you even to the end
    • MSN Messenger - Danielalderfer@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
Welcome  Licha, so gradified by your iniative to translate on your own like you did. Very very good! With sincere regards as I can see your value and beautiful character! Please call on me at any time should you need help in any way. In friendship from here on for a very long time, sincerely, Daniel
Daniel in Las Vegas, 970 618 1214, danielalderfer@hotmail.Com, While he was still a great way off his Father saw him and had compassion.

Angeles2000

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »
Welcome Licha!  I'm so glad that you found this forum of lovers of God and seekers of truth.
Always,
Beth

Lynda

• Pynotera/Pre'Msha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 02:22:52 AM »
Hello Licha and welcome to you from Australia. You will see we are from all over the world here on this forum, all with a common interest - to discover the truth on our path to perfection  :)

Blessings 
"A funny thing happened on my way to ascension...."

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 02:15:30 AM »
Welcome and greetings Licha, and may I include IvanthaDriver and ssgarto!  I hope you don't mind my bundling you all in one greeting.  Our family is growing and that is truly remarkable as this is a very unique forum and out of the ordinary.  TUB is our basic foundation yet we are still little babes in so many ways.  We are learning many lessons in the spirit here through the generosity of our gracious host, Ron, and many Celestial friends.  Life is a big school and having this school for us to enjoy and learn from is one of the best things that could ever happen to any mortal.  This is such an opportune time to come aboard as 'the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few'. Father will be delighted!  
Blessings and love to all of you,
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~