Author Topic: Site Loading Problems  (Read 389 times)

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Site Loading Problems
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »
Are any of you having site loading problems?  Let me know please.  I sometimes get the site fully picture on my screen and sometimes it stops midway and sometimes the site acts frozen.  I think these things are erratic Internet use or stability issues perhaps on the server.  I just cannot tell.  If you are having problems getting the site to show or whatever else is happening just let me know please.

Meanwhile I sent our maintenance company a question to see if they would check to see if there is anything wrong in the operation.  Today I lost a long post and cannot replace it and I get locked sometimes where I cannot move window to window.  I also find the Internet in particular so loaded with people there is no bandwidth left to get a fast connection any more.  Thank you.  Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Lundco

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Site Loading Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:19 PM »
Yes, Ron I had problems with my connection and had to redo my post as it disappeared. Also my computer or the web is really slow to night. It's not just you.
Lundco 
Wichita,Ks

With faith I go, as Love lights the way.

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »
Where I am located ( France ), on my side, it all goes smoothly. Hmmm !! Can it be that those hidden, maleficent angels are doing tricks ? Just wondering.  ??? Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

ssigarto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
No loading issues with the site.

Sam
Choose being kind over being right and you will be right every time.

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
FYI I went into the back of the site and did what control I have which is not much if there is server problems which may not be the case.  What I did was clear the cache and knocked out photos which I need to restore on the Magisterial Mission pictures of the buildings we are to use.  I also knocked off the Membership list any members who have not used the site for 300 days or more.  That also cleared that stats at the bottom of the site. Right now I discover that the site is running fast and perky and even though I did these things I do not know what it could have corrected to do that,  Go figure.  I thank all of you for responding so far and let me know if problems may develop for you,  Our provider responded to me as well and he is looking at the runnin of the site on his server which does sometimes cause us problems in downloading,  Thanks - Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

PaulG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 03:00:42 AM »
I had this idea last year in August while attending a security conference. I was not sure how the admin, owner of application would be receptive to the idea of moving to the cloud. Most people do not really understand how the cloud works. However, below are some of the benefits I could think of out of the top of my head:

1.    Move website to the cloud to lower Total Cost of Ownership
  • no need for hardware
  • no need for data center space
  • no need for paying ISP to host servers
2.    Reach more people worldwide
  • allow faster access using edge locations
  • people can view content with low latency
3.    Infrastructure as Code
  • your infrastructure scale on demands (elasticity)
  • your infrastructure easier to manage and version because it is code
  • mp3 and mp4 can be distributed easier with low latency
  • can be up and running in less than 5 minutes
4.    Security
  • all data can be secure using S3 objects and EBS block storage
  • content can be target individually, regionally, geographically etc
  • content can be viewed based on membership
  • as you will attract attention, you will get cyber attacks. I read somewhere on the site someone stating that this site has multiple firewalls. I was giggling that firewalls do not protect availability as well as  integrity of data. They may protect confidentiality. There are so many attack vectors to bypass firewalls.
Amazon Web Service is the way to go because you can also implement disaster recovery by have your application stored in datacenters world wide. This is something I highly recommend that you think about.