Author Topic: Greetings Serara forum  (Read 617 times)

BrettJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Greetings Serara forum
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:05:29 AM »
Warm Greetings to all

My name is Brett Jeffery. I live in Sydney. I have been self employed for the last 30 odd years in electronics.

This is my first post to the forum although I have been reading it for some months.

Like most on this forum, I am sure that I was guided to The Urantia Book. I was watching a You Tube talk that was given by a Greek gentleman about another book that I had read and thoroughly enjoyed called 'Chronicles From The Future' by Paul Dienach. At the end of the talk there was a Q&A session and someone from the back of the room asked a question. He was barely audible and the speaker did not repeat the question so it took a lot of effort to figure out what had been asked. I don't know what compelled me to go to the effort but I am so glad that I did. The questioner was comparing the material to the UB. This was the first time I had heard the word Urantia. After ten minutes of googling I ordered the book and have been pretty hooked from the moment it arrived. That was about a year ago.

I think I would refer to myself simply as a truth seeker and finding the Urantia Book feels like a big leap forward in the search. The text seems like simple, unadulterated truth bringing a little more clarity with every page. I am very thankful that I have been given this gift.

My family was not particularly religious and most experiences that I ever had with any of the institutionalised religions left me pretty flat really. Consequently, I never thought I would ever be interested in reading about Jesus; but how wrong I was. Parts of the story of Jesus's bestowal on Urantia moved me to tears. It was just wonderful.

Having said that, I do not find it an easy book to read. I started just going to the papers I thought would be most interesting (physics & science) but fairly quickly decided I was missing a whole lot so I tried starting from the beginning. I am now reading the four sections in reverse order, I think that will work best for me. Lately I have been listening rather than reading (is this frowned upon?) which is a nice break for my eyes as I spend most of my working day at a computer screen. The material on this forum and TML Archives I also find very enlightening. I may also get hold of some of the reading material suggested by Daniel Alderfer.

Coming across all this material has certainly made me think about my priorities. Finding the time and the commitment for study and stillness in a busy world, trying to tame the monkey mind and getting good deep sleep are all challenges for me. Also, trying to figure out exactly what 'doing the will of God' means. But, I guess none of that is unusual, just life. I have faith that my Thought Adjuster is working away trying to wake me up and that we are gradually becoming acquainted.

I am happy to have found this forum and hope to be able to contribute in some meaningful way.

Cheers
Brett

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings Serara forum
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:07:08 AM »
Welcome Brett Jeffrey,
Welcome home, sure we're going to make a nice learning team.
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.

TrinitiLuv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:10:25 AM »
Warmest welcome to our forum, Bretj, where you will feel at home among other like-minded seekers of God-like perfection.
Here, you will find information not to be found elsewere in any media, fuel for the growth of spiritually, and always many friends
who can supply answers to the most perplexing questions.  Bon voyage, Bretj!

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:18:33 AM »
Brett,
You have found your family.

Welcome home!
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

niant2

• Antonio
    • MSN Messenger - antoniodistephano@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »
 :) Well, my new friend Brett,..., this is the right place!

Welcome my brother in this beautiful family of believers. Reading the "Urantia book" has completely changed my life forever. I wish you many discoveries in this forum with us, it is simply a treasure of immense information. The members here are extremely devoted to the Magisterial Mission and the Second Return of Jesus.

Then my brother, hoping to get acquainted with you in the days to follow.  ;)
Here is a musical composition that I wrote on the death of my mother: "Ma belle maman d'amour"
https://app.box.com/s/iij2cmxwtarv2ld7f5pg8qilc72h70s5

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 09:38:58 AM »
Hello Brett,  
May I wish you a very warm welcome to this forum of truth seekers and followers and contributors to the MSM.  It is a school of spiritual wisdom and love, filled with many people with so many diverse backgrounds and languages.  I know based on your introduction that you will not only fit right in but you will be a welcomed member to our family of Agondonters.
Your new brother in Christ Michael,
Dorian
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »
A warm welcome to you, Brett, and thanks for sharing your spiritual background. There are some aussie friends in this forum whom you will get to know and be glad to meet one day, rubbing shoulders together. Your search for truth ends with this forum, your journey to spiritual growth starts here, there is no other place. I wish you enjoy the ride all along the way. Domtia

Clency
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
Hello Brett;

It was a joy to read your post, being a life long truth-seeker myself. And as everyone else here on the Serara forum has found the Urantia book, one way or another.

My eyes are also weary from many years of day and night at the computer screen and I myself also listen to the Urantia book quite often. When I'm cleaning, when I'm cooking even when I'm laying down to sleep. I listen to the Urantia book when driving and most of my spare time too.

As for your question about "Doing the will of God". We mortals, in our very limited time and space, have to be patient. We have to exercise long-suffering and especially hold no grievances to others or our supposed "will of God" for us.

Allow God's chosen time for each step in your spiritual development. We want to always, everyday look for ways to recognize our personal need for change. God's Spirit first indwelt us upon a moral decisions. 

"God is Love" and this is his will for us to be like him, to "love your neighbor as yourself". By doing this you are doing God's will every day.  By "choosing" and accepting his righteous path layed before us individually we are moving into our spirit path spoken of in the Urantia book.

I have one separate URANTIA book just for study. This forum is a school of fellow children of God, "truth seekers". We participate evey day with these lessons from the Celestial Son's and Daughter's of The Universal Father. We grow from this with our participation, our prayers, stillness, mind meditations and study.

Share the Love, :-) DonKC

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »
Welcome Brett!
This is the place!
Keep you ear to the so-called ground, you will learn so much, and it will make life that much more sensible, and fulfilling!
Domtia
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

BrianVB

• Cooperation with goodness toward Light and Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
Welcome Brett to the Serara Forum from a fellow Urantia Book reader and truth seeker. I too have had similar experiences with the discovery and difficult comprehension of the Urantia Book. And like you I was drawn to it mysteriously. However now, I do not think it was so mysterious at all but was meant to be.

I was reminded of a favourite Urantian spiritual teacher of mine when I read your "taming of the monkey mind". What has helped me to bring stillness of mind and control of my ego are Eckhart Tolle's teachings. Along with the Urantia Book, his books have been a big part of my life, and has helped me greatly, especially with applying goodness in relationships with others and finding my inner peace.

One of my favourite passages Tolle describes as a person begins to enter stillness is, and I quote ---

"The realm of being, which had been obscured by the mind, then opens up. Suddenly a great stillness arises within you; an unfathomable sense of peace. And within that peace there is great joy. And within that joy there is love. And at the inner most core, there is the Sacred, the Immeasurable, That which cannot be named."

God bless us all and help us to help others.

Kind regards,
Brian.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:27:56 PM by BrianVB »

Kurt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »
Brian- Eckhart Tolle is not human in my opinion. His methods are a great help for those wishing to t/r. They still the mind so one can hear spirits. I highly recommend his book "The Power of Now".

ssigarto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
Welcome Brett and glad you found the UB and this forum.  We were all lead here.

Sam
Choose being kind over being right and you will be right every time.

Ron Hammar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
Welcome aboard,
You have come on in the start of ruff seas but the calm is going to be worth the ride..

Ron H.

Greg Steinhoff

• faith child of God not perfect but perfecting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:32 AM »
Welcome, Brett Jefferson. I'm glad you found the forum and how you found the Urantia book is unique. You have made the right choice and I know the Universal Father and the heavenly family have great plans for you and all of us here in the forum for our adventure in the universe of universes on advancement to Paradise. I have recently joined the forum and have dove in head first. There is so much to learn from the transcripts and audio transmissions as well as of course the Urantia Book papers. I wish you the best Bret and may the Father bless you. -Greg
Greg Michael Steinhoff

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »

Dear Brett. Welcome to the Serara Forum. Just as you read part IV of the Urantia Book that talks about the life and teachings of Jesus, the tears often came to my eyes. There are many members of the Serara Forum from your country, Australia, as well as New Zealand. May the light of God illuminate your ways. Julio.

===

Caro Brett. Seja muito Bem-Vindo ao Fórum Serara. Da mesma forma que você, ao ler a parte IV do Livro de Urantia que fala sobre a vida e os ensinamentos de Jesus, muitas vezes, as lágrimas vinham em meus olhos. Existem muitos membros do Fórum Serara de seu país, Austrália, além da Nova Zelândia. Que a luz de Deus ilumine seus caminhos Julio
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)