Author Topic: Personal Realtionship with the Father  (Read 404 times)

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Personal Realtionship with the Father
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:30:40 AM »
I keep thinking about the many formal and accepted religions, Churches, and almost unlimited Spiritual Organizations  and Groups on Urantia.  Their many tenants, stagnet dogmas, endless rituals etc., etc., etc. and in thinking about them as far as real spirit value, I find that in order for them to be effective and true to their calling, there is one common denominator, one  aspect that they must all have in common and share that they must teach and guide and aspire to, and that is that they must teach, maintain, promote, endorse, and advocate that each person must have and create a "personal relationship" with the Father and all of Spirit.

It only by and through this personal relationship that transcends mere belief.   For man's personal relationship can not be dependent upon or regulated, controlled or manipulated by any organization.  For only the individual can make that "consecration of choice"  that is written about  here:

5. The Consecration of Choice
111.5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God - with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike - divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

111.5.2 The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

111.5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he - and first - trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

111.5.4 Peace in this life, survival in death, perfection in the next life, service in eternity - all these are achieved (in spirit) now when the creature personality consents - chooses - to subject the creature will to the Father's will. And already has the Father chosen to make a fragment of himself subject to the will of the creature personality.

111.5.5 Such a creature choice is not a surrender of will. It is a consecration of will, an expansion of will, a glorification of will, a perfecting of will; and such choosing raises the creature will from the level of temporal significance to that higher estate wherein the personality of the creature son communes with the personality of the spirit Father.

111.5.6 This choosing of the Father's will is the spiritual finding of the spirit Father by mortal man, even though an age must pass before the creature son may actually stand in the factual presence of God on Paradise. This choosing does not so much consist in the negation of creature will - “Not my will but yours be done” - as it consists in the creature's positive affirmation: “It is my will that your will be done.” And if this choice is made, sooner or later will the God-choosing son find inner union (fusion) with the indwelling God fragment, while this same perfecting son will find supreme personality satisfaction in the worship communion of the personality of man and the personality of his Maker, two personalities whose creative attributes have eternally joined in self-willed mutuality of expression - the birth of another eternal partnership of the will of man and the will of God.

It is not possible for any earthly organization to make that individual and personal choice for anyone... no one can make that free will choice for us  if we truly want to to the Father's Will and \follow the mandate to " be perfect as the Father is perfect"  as we grow in Spirit. ..LarryG

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:40:08 AM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Realtionship with the Father
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
This is very well said Larry.  I agree 100%.  Looking outside of myself to an organization for me was always a fruitless endeavor.  It was the Urantia Book that showed me where to find our beloved Universal Father.

195:10.4  ' "The kingdom of God is within you" was probably the greatest pronouncement Jesus ever made, next to the declaration that his Father is a living and loving spirit.'

Thanks for this wonderful reminder.  :)
Amethyst
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken

Dorian

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »
As always Larry you seem to hit the nail right on the head.  I totally understand and agree with what you have posted.  

It still amazes me how people are so willing to abdicate their free will and just follow along with another person or organization's idea of how to find God.  He is already found and is waiting for you just to recognize him in your heart.  All this is required of us is to just wake up and smell the sweet rose of spirituality that permeates the very air we breath.

Love to all,
Dorian
Domtia

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 01:35:34 PM »
I keep thinking about the many formal and accepted religions, Churches, and almost unlimited Spiritual Organizations  and Groups on Urantia.  Their many tenants, stagnet dogmas, endless rituals etc., etc., etc. and in thinking about them as far as real spirit value, I find that in order for them to be effective and true to their calling, there is one common denominator, one  aspect that they must all have in common and share that they must teach and guide and aspire to, and that is that they must teach, maintain, promote, endorse, and advocate that each person must have and create a "personal relationship" with the Father and all of Spirit.

It only by and through this personal relationship that transcends mere belief.   For man's personal relationship can not be dependent upon or regulated, controlled or manipulated by any organization.  For only the individual can make that "consecration of choice"  that is written about  here:

Dear Brother Larry in your statements above you cover so many of what I see are crucial issues regarding ‘beliefs’ and ‘choices’ of the individual mortals on this planet.  Perhaps the best way I can explain my thoughts is to suggest that more often than not people want a “rule” book and not a “guide” book.  

You see if I am given a “guide” book on something I am presented with factual information from which I can choose my actions; then it is clear that I am the one who gets to make the choices of what I do and the experiential outcome of those personal choices are on me alone.  Should I happen to believe a “rule” book is the only way to go then my focus is on following the rules and proscription of those rules as applied to my life and the outcome (and blame) is perceived to be beyond my control as I have traded my power of choice for a ‘set of rules’ and that perception places the outcome squarely in the hands of the one whose ‘rules’ are adhered too (meaning the rule maker and not the rule follower should be responsible for the outcome of adherence or non-conformance to those rules).  The point here is avoidance of responsibility for the outcome of choice...freedom to blame the rulemaker when expected outcomes of following the rules aren't met.

I see the draw of religious organizations as a smorgasbord of appealing options to the general public for various personalities who wish to serve their perception of deity through the obedience of rules and dogmas, etc. and I happen to believe that is the case mainly because it is much easier for us to follow a set of rules and regulations than it is to cultivate a personal ongoing relationship.  For example, whatever religion I choose would have a lot to do with the appeal of their rules and regulations and the belief that others of that same religion would, for the most part, be in agreement with those dogmas and that makes mortal relationships easier to cultivate and maintain.  (So is it really about preferred group dynamics and less about the ‘deity’ representation of the chosen religion?  I postulate that it could be a big factor and one reason is because I believe we are naturally drawn to situations in which we can see ourselves being comfortable and that appeal reflects our desire not to be removed from our own comfort zone.)  What I am saying here is that we choose from this smorgasbord of religious options that which is most appealing to us for how we see ourselves as comfortable "serving" our god.

I think we can probably agree that any “relationship” pushes the boundaries of our comfort zone on a regular and on-going basis and, in particular,  I find the sisters Mary and Martha a perfect example and also a wonderful snapshot of how Jesus addressed the difference between “serving” God and learning from God through personal relationship.

162.8.2  For years it had been the custom for these three to drop everything and listen to Jesus' teaching whenever he chanced to visit them. With the loss of their parents, Martha had assumed the responsibilities of the home life, and so on this occasion, while Lazarus and Mary sat at Jesus' feet drinking in his refreshing teaching, Martha made ready to serve the evening meal. It should be explained that Martha was unnecessarily distracted by numerous needless tasks, and that she was cumbered by many trivial cares; that was her disposition.

162.8.3  As Martha busied herself with all these supposed duties, she was perturbed because Mary did nothing to help. Therefore she went to Jesus and said: “Master, do you not care that my sister has left me alone to do all of the serving? Will you not bid her to come and help me?” Jesus answered: “Martha, Martha, why are you always anxious about so many things and troubled by so many trifles? Only one thing is really worth while, and since Mary has chosen this good and needful part, I shall not take it away from her. But when will both of you learn to live as I have taught you: both serving in co-operation and both refreshing your souls in unison? Can you not learn that there is a time for everything - that the lesser matters of life should give way before the greater things of the heavenly kingdom?”

Jesus words to Mary are self-explanatory and a reminder that it is the personal relationship with God that will teach us how to live and also deliver us from ourselves as we focus on him.

Rules and regulations teach us only how to follow rules and regulations, they do not change our attitudes and mind-sets and push us out of our comfort zones . I like to use the example of the little boy who, when he finally acquessed to sit down and be quiet loudly declared, 'I may be sitting on the outside, but I'm standing up on the inside.'  Don't get me wrong, rules and regulations have their place.  However, it is the relationship with our Heavenly Father and the free-will choosing of Fathers will over our own that has the affect of Father-likeness revelation becoming Father-like living.  Various religions have given us nuggets of revealed truth, beauty and goodness and served their interim purpose in many ways, but the "Kingdom of God" is established in the heart of man through his personal relationship with his personal God.

134.4.2 The kingdom of heaven, the divine government, is founded on the fact of divine sovereignty - God is spirit. Since God is spirit, this kingdom is spiritual. The kingdom of heaven is neither material nor merely intellectual; it is a spiritual relationship between God and man.

134.4.6 The kingdom of heaven in the hearts of men will create religious unity (not necessarily uniformity) because any and all religious groups composed of such religious believers will be free from all notions of ecclesiastical authority - religious sovereignty.

134.4.7 God is spirit, and God gives a fragment of his spirit self to dwell in the heart of man. Spiritually, all men are equal. The kingdom of heaven is free from castes, classes, social levels, and economic groups. You are all brethren.

Religious associations can too often fill the need for man to find a sense of belonging in a group setting and/or seeking immediate or extended sense of family (kinship).  Self-acceptance, self-love and true altruism however can only come from the growth of the kingdom of heaven within the heart of each man partnered with the relationship of spirit radiating outward to encompass true altruism during the pursuit of Father-likeness.

111.3.5 The mortal career, the soul's evolution, is not so much a probation as an education. Faith in the survival of supreme values is the core of religion; genuine religious experience consists in the union of supreme values and cosmic meanings as a realization of universal reality.

111.3.6 Mind knows quantity, reality, meanings. But quality - values - is felt. That which feels is the mutual creation of mind, which knows, and the associated spirit, which reality-izes.

111.3.7 In so far as man's evolving morontia soul becomes permeated by truth, beauty, and goodness as the value-realization of God-consciousness, such a resultant being becomes indestructible. If there is no survival of eternal values in the evolving soul of man, then mortal existence is without meaning, and life itself is a tragic illusion. But it is forever true: What you begin in time you will assuredly finish in eternity - if it is worth finishing.
[/i][/i]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:44:05 PM by newstarsaphire »
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
Dorian, Amethyst, and Phyllis ( Newstarsaphir,  I just want to publicaly thank you all for your responses.   It seems that responses  these days are few and far between and quite honestly I so miss members just taking a few minutes to stay engaged with our forum.  I get so concerned that our form will just die a slow and painful death if  people sit by and let it.   We all share in the wonderful gifts of Spirit that we receive, perhaps even  if we are not particularily aware of  how our individual and collective involvement is a blessing to each of us and to the many guests that read our forum each day and look to us for all they can learn, how inspirint it can be as we all can look back  to that time when we fist discovered and were led here and how inspired  we all felt, how it has become a turning point in our lives.   I could go on and on about how important this forum is and has been  to our development, to our spirit growth and to our journeys, to our eternal careers.   We all have learned so much here.  I can not imagine not being a member here, not having the wonderful experience and incomparable opportunity to have met and exchanged important views, opinions,  blessings and teachings with all of you.   You all are such an important part of my life and none of this would have been possible had we not become members here.   We have our ups and down but that is the nature of learning and of experience.    Anyway,  I thank you all and all of  our other members and I do encourage...(base word courage) to stay the course and let us return to those times when this was an actual "discussion" forum.   I love you all and thank you for being such a treasured part of my life.    Your Brother in Spirit and in service  to our Father.    LarryG
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

Dorian

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 08:19:19 AM »
I echo your feeling about our "Discussion" forum Larry and it is the exchanging of our thoughts here that help keep the forum flowing.  While reading Newstarsaphire's post I couldn't help but think about how many times Jesus told his followers that he wanted them to start thinking about their Father and not to just keep following tradition and rules about how you should worship and to whom you should give your devotion to.  He and we are still fighting this tendency to abdicate our own thinking to someone else as I said earlier.

Just keep doing as you are Larry as it is all good.

Love,
Dorian

bernadette

• French Urantian Lady, AGDE
    • MSN Messenger - babettezarrouk@yahoo.fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:11:27 PM »
Forum Cher dans l'Esprit qui nous unit dans ce forum Partage: - *

Dear Forum in the Spirit that unites us in this Sharing Forum: - *

All of you brothers and sisters, Dorian, Larry, Amethyst, sweat, and so many others, Ron scribe well-liked attentive, brilliantly courageous in this space / time primitive and painful for us all

you are Elytes, those, young, mature, or those gone to other places, even those that I have failed to note, in my humble opinion, I am like you, in this high place, who raise us all, of all languages, country, which means that the language of our Universe brings us together, whoever we are, in the Spirit of this sharing is an exquisite sweet fragrance that spreads through words to undo and remove the evils of Souls in suffering, in difficulty in this world of painful gravity, according to our celestial vibratory frequencies, echoed, like a Fulgurant and luminous Divine Lazer, in this verbiage of sapiens becoming spiritus to the delight of our internal Fragments. yes ..

Thank you to all of you for being infused ", humbly, respectfully and with dignity from these transmissions, translations of the spiritual love that brings us together, like a balm of our souls to the delight of these virtual meetings, which remains icibas, the only one well doing spiritual drug, in this loving collaboration so bright for our glorified celestial siblings ..

Bernadette from France

Tous vous frères et sœurs, Dorian, Larry, Amethyst, sueur, et tant d'autres, Ron scribe bien-aimé attentif, courageux avec brio dans cet espace / temps primitifs et douloureux pour nous tous

vous êtes Elytes, ceux, jeunes, matures, ou ceux allé à d'autres endroits, même ceux que j'ai omis de constater, à mon humble avis, je suis comme vous, dans ce haut lieu, qui nous hérisser, de toutes les langues, pays, ce qui signifie que la langue de notre univers nous rassemble, qui que nous soyons, dans l'esprit de ce partage est un doux parfum exquis qui se propage à travers les mots pour défaire et enlever les maux des âmes dans la souffrance, en difficulté dans ce monde de gravité douloureuse, nos Fréquences Vibratoires SELON célestes, un abondé, Comme un Fulgurant et Divine Lazer lumineux, de verbiage Dañs CE Sapiens spiritus devenant à la Grande Joie de fragments Nos Internes. oui ..

Merci à vous tous d'être infusé », avec humilité, respect et dignité de ces transmissions, traductions de l'amour spirituel qui nous rassemble, comme un baume de nos âmes pour le plus grand plaisir de ces réunions virtuelles, qui reste icibas, le seul bien faire la drogue spirituelle, dans cette collaboration aimante si brillante pour nos frères et sœurs glorifiés célestes ..

Bernadette de France
Salutation from france, all urantian people,
tankyu so much ,dear brothers and sisters,
in my country, no people ready , yet for this wonderfull Work in the Universal father, i hope
french forum For Monjoronson, and Mickael;love
and light way together,multilanguages,with my respect and gratitude !

bernadette

• French Urantian Lady, AGDE
    • MSN Messenger - babettezarrouk@yahoo.fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 01:12:14 PM »
Dear Forum in the Spirit that unites us in this Sharing Forum: - *

All of you brothers and sisters, Dorian, Larry, Amethyst, sweat, and so many others, Ron scribe well-liked attentive, brilliantly courageous in this space / time primitive and painful for us all

you are Elytes, those, young, mature, or those gone to other places, even those that I have failed to note, in my humble opinion, I am like you, in this high place, who raise us all, of all languages, country, which means that the language of our Universe brings us together, whoever we are, in the Spirit of this sharing is an exquisite sweet fragrance that spreads through words to undo and remove the evils of Souls in suffering, in difficulty in this world of painful gravity, according to our celestial vibratory frequencies, echoed, like a Fulgurant and luminous Divine Lazer, in this verbiage of sapiens becoming spiritus to the delight of our internal Fragments. yes ..

Thank you to all of you for being infused ", humbly, respectfully and with dignity from these transmissions, translations of the spiritual love that brings us together, like a balm of our souls to the delight of these virtual meetings, which remains icibas, the only one well doing spiritual drug, in this loving collaboration so bright for our glorified celestial siblings ..

Bernadette from France
Salutation from france, all urantian people,
tankyu so much ,dear brothers and sisters,
in my country, no people ready , yet for this wonderfull Work in the Universal father, i hope
french forum For Monjoronson, and Mickael;love
and light way together,multilanguages,with my respect and gratitude !