Author Topic: What Is Your View of Idea Suggested Here?  (Read 901 times)

prozonov

• MSN Messenger - prozonov@mail.ru
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Your View of Idea Suggested Here?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 08:19:43 AM »
Friends!
Each of you has internet.
Download Skype and talk to the world for free.
Payment only for the Internet. Skype allows you to organize video conferencing. It is possible to communicate without video.
Aleksandr Prozonov.

Друзья!
У каждого из вас есть интернет.
Загрузите Скайп и говорите со всем миром бесплатно.
Оплата только за интернет. Скайп позволяет организовывать видеоконференции. Возможно общаться и без видео.
Александр.

HelderPoeta

• I wish I could help people around and me.
    • MSN Messenger - helderheart@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Barato Sites
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 12:29:05 PM »
Why don't you do a Youtube livesteam! You may reach lots of people. Put a camera and star streaming! That would be cool!
Ron : the first Intergalitc Youtuber. That would be cool.
^_^

Dominick O

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »
I 2nd Sue's SNN (Salvington New Network), but perhaps it will be used for something more developed than a conference call. 

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 01:02:38 AM »
I really like Clency's idea of SPIRIT LINE.  I also like Steve's tele illuminate.  Both are good.  How about Nebadon News Stream, or perhaps Nebadon Newsfeed?
Amethyst
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken

7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »
Hi RonB and to all dear brothers and sisters,
I searched around on the internet about conference calling and found these two to be handy to use for the type of audio meeting you have in mind:

www.gotomeeting.com
www.freeconference.com

The gotomeeting site had an audio only meeting feature which is good to look at. Click on Features, scroll down and find and click on Freephone Option.

The free conference site is also one to browse as it has a lot to offer for users and has a global reach.

I thought to bring this to your attention and if any one else has found any more useful tools to share, it would be so good to share it too that may benefit the goal of serving in this way of communication. Ron, you mention it to be a free service and the free conference site does this for certain countries and for others there is a small fee involved. I like the gotomeeting with its feature of audio conference and that got my attention more as it also means it can be done more efficiently using the internet etc. Have a look at it and let us know what you think. Thank you all.

Sue/7inOcean

P.s. I was thinking if I can use my PC, I can plug in my headphones with microphone and connect with you all in the meeting.

SophiaVeronica

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 08:56:53 AM »
Hi all, I am just throwing in some names that came up:

Cosmic News Circle
Spirit Network
Salvington News Circle
Local Universe Network Service -  LUNS

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi All,

Some great suggestions posted here.  All I've been able to come up with is

Universe Connection

Anyways, I've been getting daily Security software warnings since Christmas day that someone is trying to decrypt my Wi-Fi network so I'm keeping shut down hoping they'll give up.  I don't know if it is someone new to my building or if someone has a visitor with nothing better to do with their time.  But I'm staying off-line unless I need to connect.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

David

• Jesus is lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
Hi all I believe Life line or Life Network would work
God is love and jesus (lord Micheal) is the expression of this love

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 04:37:25 PM »
I have not chosen a label/name yet for this service.  Your ideas are great and it helps me find some words too.  Thank you very much..

Now, while we are still thinking about a name for the service,  I am asking you to suggest to me the Agenda for the service.  What do we want to do with it?  What would you like to come away with for about what will be an hour, one way more or one way less.  Here to help you think about this is a

SUGGESTED AGENDA

Start the service by using your home phone and dial the number:

The Autophone number to dial is"
1-857-216-6700

You will hear a lady's voice welcome you to the service and instruct you to dial our account room to hold a conference in.   Enter this number:

263720   again just to repeat it for you,  that number is
Enter and wait

If you are early, all you will hear is a silent line.  Hold on and listen and wait until the appointed hour comes.  Then you will start to hear people coming to the conference room and you may speak to them naturally.

I See a Screen when You Enter and will speak to you

I have the controls since the account is in my name to operate.  I do that by me dialing what you do above, and I will usually be at least five to ten minutes earlier than the announced time for the conference to begin.  I do that to make sure the conference room is unlocked and you have a place to wait.  

Large Numbers of Callers Can Attend
When you enter the room and my dashboard is up on my computer screen with control on my end, I see you enter the conference room and your telephone number as you enter.  I will acknowledge you with my voice so you know you are at the right place.  All on the line can talk and we can have as many as several hundred people it we ever need that many to be in the conference with us.

Time Around the World - how to find equivalents for your time
FYI:  We will have to evolve the process if waiting and how soon we can come into the conference room.  I have to unlock the room to get in so you have to wait at least until I make the room available for you to listen in.  If we say the conference will start at 7PM or whatever"

1  Time is always Zulu Time.  Zulu Time is Greenwich Mean time in England and we use it because different countries go to day light savings time on different schedules.  Zulu time never varies.  New York Time in standard format is minus 5 hours from Zulu.  At 7PM New York Time it is midnight Zulu time and we will always use the 24 hour clock to speak to time.  Midnight Zulu time is expressed as

00:00Z  One AM Zulu time is expressed as 01:00Z;  twelve noon at Zulu is 12:00Z; and 6PM Zulu time is expressed as 18:00Z   A twenty four hour clock does not use AM or PM and counts all 24 hours around the dial without using the am or pm designations.

Use this to find the right time:
https://www.time.gov/
You can change the picture and references to Greenwich by selection on that web site.  To see Greenwich, which is the same as Zulu, and is also the same as Universal Time.  The C stands for "Coordinated"  Select UTC only as others similar designations appear with numbers after them and those are for time zones in the middle of the empty Atlantic Ocean.

A Button at the top allows you to select the twenty-four hour clock time at any time zone you select.

2  A Suggested Agenda - How we have a conference and with what to be said:
Conference Locked after first twenty minutes of the scheduled time to open.
If we schedule the conference at a certain hour, I will start the conference at that hour and as precisely as I can.  If the schedule says we hold our conference at  7PM/00:00Z  (midnight in England or Z time) please be in the conference call by that hour.  I will allow stragglers for up to twenty minutes after that if I have to.  After twenty minutes I will lock the door to prevent disruptions to discussions.

Mute and Un-Mute function

Use your keypad and press the number 4 and then the Star sign.
4*
You can just listen that way.  To come live back into the conference press 4* again.
You can use your telephone keypad to mute your end so you can just listen.  You can un-mute your line by repeating the same operation.  

Quit The Call
3*
To leave the Conference on your phone, press 3* and just hang up.   Otherwise you risk having your phone line tied up until I end the conference call by the universal end of call function I have.

That is all you need to know for being a listener.  If you want to hear the call later because it may contain something you would like to hear again,  I will make a recording of it available.  To do that I have send the link to you and will publish it for all to receive.  You just dial the number I will give you enter the tape number given and just listen when you connect.

Print this Post so you have it available to call in when we start our test and then evolve our Agenda.

SUGGESTED AGENDA/USE

1   We start with a Benediction.  This will usually start with a transmission from Michael of Nebadon

First ten minutes after Benediction:

2   A brief discussion among us will be allowed for about ten minutes.  This is to warm us up and voice bond if you will and to smooth out worries and concerns and to pay attention to what follows.

3  Allowance for late comers ends at twenty minutes past the appointment time.  Lock Out.

Speech Transmissions Come Next
Time allowance is about 45 minutes or less
4  Michael or some other Speaker will deliver a transmission for all listening.  I will call upon transmitters who I know can transmit if you do not spontaneously begin a speech transmission on your own.  The first few times I may take that responsibility but afterwards all who transmit will have a chance to have their say into the conference and I expect all transmitters to find their way into the conference at least once as we try out this service.

Discussion of Speech(s) Follows
5  We will see how this goes as past experience in other services I have attended like this, most listeners fail to have much to say and drop off the line.  I will allow this section to extend us beyond the one hour allotted

Now that is a bare bones agenda.  What should we consider what else to do?   I need suggestions folks and a way to make this a lively hour on line with each other.  Otherwise these things tend to get boring and people use their time better they think if it does get boring elsewhere.

FREQUENCY OF THE CALLS
I tend to think once every two weeks is enough.  However, let me hear your views on it.  Nothing is yet set in stone at all.  
i WILL OPEN a new Category when this service does go into effect.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:42:19 PM by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
Michael of Nebadon speaks:

"I see Ron labor over this proposal constantly.  He does not want a passive crowd.  You will determine how long it lasts and you can drop off anytime you wish to.  You have the control functions for your side showing in the above post.

"I also want to add that I have seen Lightline work and fail and work and fail and it requires an MC which Ron prefers not to have but he will do it and well to begin with.  The Emcee is to be a person with a gregarious personality to start the calls and to end the calls with a sign off from Me and from the Emcee.  Ron has heard radio programs do it and we will do it that way.  Be assured this will be a professional under taking to ensure you get a quality transmission and a reason to hold onto the line, as I intend to announce changes to you over this facility now.  Ron is making it easy to reach a lot of you now and you can tie into it by using the toll free number given at the top.  You might have to pay for the use of the phone in your country, but here in the States it is free to use the code to enter the conference room as it is a web based phone line and does not regard using the fresh air as a cost.  Neither should you.  Timing is wicked to confuse you so Ron posted a GMZ web site.  Use on UTC as the others are not Greenwich with numbers behind them.

"Finally, the trial period will not start for a month.  I do not want this service to start until January 31, 2019.  Ron knows the reasons for that.  We are attending a news conference ourselves that day and you will start this service to report on the news conference for sure.  This is Michael of Nebadon and I wish all of you a good day."

END
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »
Skype subscription/credits is an inexpensive option for international participants wanting to dial in to the US based conference number 1-857-216-6700

Wendy  as I noted I AM GOING TO AVOID other TECHNICAL MEANS TO PRODUCE THE CONTACTS THAT ARE SUFFICIENTLY DONE WITH VOICE alone. MY reasons are fairly simple.  Most people do not like to fool around with computer devices and setups at all because some people are just not adept at putting technology together.  But everyone can use a phone these days and people like me prefer landline phones at that.  That does not stop cell phones or I-phones to be used but we will be basic in operation enough all you need to tune in and talk over a simple phone device to do that.  I have other very good reasons too to avoid Skype and its proposed wonders for video which is a separate problem to me and the universe I do not discuss easily here.  I thank you for reminding me that this service can use Skype, but at least for now, it will not at this time.  Thanks.   RON
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:01:47 PM by Ron Besser »

Sharon

• The oxen are slow but the earth is patient.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 07:05:40 PM »
Hi, Ron. I am looking forward to the implementation of this new media. I see it as an opportunity for forum members to personally interact with one another. Thank you for making it happen.
Any chance you could send out the conference call instructions via email to the BBC List or another more appropriate list? An email (if filed for future reference) would provide quicker access to the instructions than scrolling back thru postings. Thanks!
Sharon

Ron here = Sharon you know something I do not.  What is the BBC list?  I used to operate something called the BCC list but you are talking about something else?  The BCC list was destroyed by a total failure of the hard drive on my computer and no longer exists unfortunately.  Thanks for your comments.  Ron.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:05:02 PM by Ron Besser »

Icon7

• Love Is All There Is...
    • View Profile
    • Icon7
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2018, 12:17:48 AM »
Hey Ron...

Just get a zoom account and everyone can see and talk to everyone else... no fancy equipment to install... the software is free... you just pay for the time over 40 minutes...
Just a thought......... 8)
"Live Hand-in-Hand, and Together We Will Stand, On The Threshold Of A Dream"

Dominick O

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2018, 02:48:24 AM »
Phone instead of computer applications are still more universally understood by older demographics and what we think is simple and easy to use is not for many over 75

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »
I believe that this telephone communication service will bring all of us, members, who participate in the Serara Forum.

I go further. It will even bring visitors to the Serara Forum. From what I understand, it is possible for anyone to access the conference via a landline.

I believe that a lot are shy to write, but they can be extroverted when speaking.

I know that this live phone call is a challenge for everyone, like me, who are not yet speaking fluent English. But in life everything is steps. At least I'm taking an intensive conversation course in English during this vacation at work, period until February 3, 2019. So I hope to be able to communicate with everyone at the Serara Forum, live, by phone, soon.

The intensive English conversation course lasts 90 (ninety) days. I started on December 24, 2018. I am very dedicated and I hope to be speaking English at most until January 31, 2019.

From what I noticed, January 31, 2019, at the beginning, is the date of the inauguration of this communication, that is, conference by landline.

I just hope that this service is also free here in Brazil (code 55), or at least not that expensive.

=======

Post Scritpum:

I suggest that the conference have an agenda, or an initial subject, to be discussed.

So people can reflect on what to talk about, or their opinions on the various subjects previously.

Of course, other matters may come at the conference.

As for the name of the service, I will also give you a suggestion:
Connecting with York Pennsylvania (CYP).

=======

Eu acredito que este serviço de comunicação por telefone vai aproximar todos nós, membros, que participamos no Fórum Serara.

Eu vou além. Vai aproximar, inclusive, visitantes do Fórum Serara. Pelo que eu entendi, é possível qualquer pessoa acessar a conferência através de um telefone fixo.

Eu acredito que muitos são tímidos para escrever, mas podem ser extrovertidos ao falar.

Eu sei que esta comunicação por telefone ao vivo é um desafio para todos, como eu, que ainda não estão falando fluentemente inglês. Mas na vida tudo são etapas. Pelo menos eu estou fazendo um curso intensivo de conversação em inglês, neste período de férias no trabalho que vai até o dia 03 de fevereiro de 2019. Assim, eu espero poder me comunicar com todos no Fórum Serara, ao vivo, por telefone, em breve.

O curso intensivo de conversação de inglês tem a duração de 90 (noventa) dias. Eu comecei no dia 24 de dezembro de 2018. Eu sou muito dedicado e espero estar conversando inglês, no máximo, até o dia 31 de janeiro de 2019.

Pelo que eu notei, o dia 31 de janeiro de 2019, a princípio, é a data da inauguração desta comunicação, ou seja, conferência por telefone fixo.

Eu só espero que este serviço seja também gratuito aqui no Brasil (código 55), ou pelo menos, que não seja tão caro.

=======

Post Scritpum:

Eu sugiro que a conferência tenha uma pauta, ou um assunto, inicial, para ser conversado.

Assim as pessoas podem refletir sobre o que falar, ou suas opiniões sobre os diversos assuntos previamente.

Logicamente, outros assuntos poderão vir na conferência.

Quanto ao nome do serviço, vou dar também uma sugestão:
Conexão com York Pensilvânia (CYP).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 08:48:48 AM by JuliodaLuz »
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)