Author Topic: We Hold Jesus in Our Hearts  (Read 379 times)

LarryG

We Hold Jesus in Our Hearts
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:33:42 PM »
It is so difficult and emotional remembering these events that we hold in our hearts, each in our own ways, during this season that is one of the most significant for all of humanity in the past, present, and future.   I was going to reread of these events in our Urantia Book but it is so horrible to even contemplate that I just decided to offer a prayer of thanksgiving for Jesus, his birth, life, teaching, murder, and consequent and glorious resurrection. and all that we have learned of regarding the glorious tiame spent since then and now His break from teaching the Transcendentalers and  soon to begin His Second Return once again for all of not only Urantia and Nebadon but all of the Universes of Time and Space.   I sense that He would  just as soon forget all it regrading these days that we now remember it since He holds these memories  and yet does not want Urantia  to ever again be known or called the "World of the Cross." and certainly for good reason.
The world awaits His Return as we all remember Easter and what it truly means for mankind.

LarryG

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: We Hold Jesus in Our Hearts
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 02:57:50 PM »
I share your emotions Larry.

I would like to point out too that this Easter Sunday the Church Alters will be festooned with gold, silver and crystal crosses too which are symbols of matter that the Father admonishes must disappear from the Church all together.  The Cross has become the symbol of self sacrifice of Jesus to repent of our sins.  While I heartily disagree with the practice at all, I also remind the reader the Cross is a murder weapon.  Would any of you including the person who was murdered then show a gun to our Heavenly Father and ask Him to bless our celebration of Easter this way?

I am distinctly in the minority today in hating what the Churches do in the name of piety and to remember the torture to death of our Bestowal So, and Innoncet of God's Will, and then to be paraded in the streets to recreate the steps that the man had to carry his own cross and help to hoist it so he could be remained in death for all to see for three days of sheer torture?  Nor do I lay this infamy of celebration at the feet of Saint Paul whom I adore as one of the best characters ever to step out of the New Testatment to speak to us yet today in the Scriptures, The Medieval hierarchy is to blame and thousands of Church officials who had no direct testimony of what actually happened the days before Pentecost and the now risen Christ before us.

Larry you are too innocent and just plain good to understand the horrors that wait us too if the cross of nuclear war spreads across our lands over t he pique of a blonde President who loves women more than Christ, and that is a sad affair born aplenty on the wisdom of God which never relinquishes the times of God on Urantia as the Savior of the Peace we want to so easily give up in the name of ideology.  I sit and ponder all of this frequently and still wonder how much of a mind the majority of men and women use or have anymore in a civilization that has lost most of its ability to reason anything.  It does not truly remember good will, and it has forgotten the simple story of a teacher of Nazareth who prayed for our souls never to go there then in Israel and today in  the lands of democratic illusions of what is good for man at all.

Ron  
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Dorian

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »
I agree with a full heart to what you posted Larry and to Ron's pointing out the use of a gun at the alter.  I heard someone a long time ago say, "Could you imagine every Christian wearing a small silver guillotine around their necks if Jesus had perished by one of them?"  Something to consider, tho I am quite sure that most do not look upon the cross as a weapon of torture and murder when they display it on their bodies and in their homes.  

Just my thoughts on the subject.  I do think about our Jesus and what he went through and must mentally go through it at this time of year again and again.

Love to all,
Dorian

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:04:45 PM »
There exist, out there, some religious groups – Bible students – one of whom I am acquainted with, for having been a follower many years back, who do have a horrendous feeling of the use that others make of the death cross on that particular day. The Last Supper, to commemorate the last days of Our Beloved Jesus, is the only gathering I enjoyed, at that time, to join with the group, for the communion with Spirit during the ceremony. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Dorian

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »
Hello again everyone.  This morning I was sending Easter wishes to family and friends and of course all here are my extended family and so Happy Easter to all.  By that I mean that we celebrate on this day, not the death of Jesus by crucifixion upon the cross, but his glorious resurrection and glorification of what can truly transpire by being true to the way of the Fathers Will.

I realize that Jesus showed us that we too can triumph over death the exact same way as he did.  With our conviction to follow the path of Light and Life and conforming our will to the Fathers Will, we will rise again as Jesus did, in a new and incorruptible Morontia form (see 189:1.1) and continue on our immortal quest to the gates of Paradise.

I am attaching a song to this post that I hope you will enjoy as it urges us to Pray Together.  I recorded this song for an Elvis album I made a few years back.

Your brother in Christ Michael
Dorian

[attachment deleted by admin]

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Hi All,

The thought often crosses my mind, and more so on this Easter occasion as to what this Easter celebration should mean to all and what I could highlight as to what are significant points of Jesus’ life, death, and ‘2nd’ return here on Urantia.
The first point that bears our remembering is that Jesus’ purpose in coming to our little blue planet was not to atone for our sins, but to qualify himself as our Creator Son by bestowing himself as a mortal of our time and space. As in so many situations, man took it upon himself to exercise his ego and free will and try to take him out of the picture altogether, and thus preserve man’s view of what our world should be, and not the vision of He who created it, and in fact, owns it more than any one group, government, church or organization can ever lay claim to.
Another point that merits consideration on this Easter is that ‘He Lives’! Despite what many think, or do...despite the wonders of our technology and science to enforce what is and is not not according to our narrow band of knowledge...He Lives: in the past, present and future infinities...he simply is! And, this is a concept that is difficult for our finite human being to comprehend and accept! The Good News is that His survival open the door to prove beyond the shadow of doubt, that the same is available to all that love, and know of him. The same is offered up even to those that do not know him, but practice the principle of goodness and love. And this is a gift to all: free, bond, all races, colour, creed, orientation, history. Our Heaqvenly Father operates on the principle of goodness, all that he does is out of this. Never by coercion, temperament, retribution, negativity. He gave us each other in order to confront and overcome, as well as enjoy all the ups and downs this life has to offer you and I.
A third point to reflect upon on this Easter is that of the 2nd return. He said he would return...he holds to that promise. And it will be according to His and our Heavenly Father’s time, and purpose. And what will he return for? To formally claim that which is his. To teach this world the ways of peace, or love, and of the paths to eternal progress that is available to each of us. That we know of that still, small voice that lives within each of us. That we too can partner with Heavenly Father and our Creator Son, and so many others to glorify and uplift!
May this Easter be a blessing to you, and may you be a blessing to many!

Domtia!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

Dorian

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:12:37 PM »
Thank you Allie for your words of encouragement and love.  You make me feel the effort is well worth the work put forth.

Dorian
Domita