Author Topic: As A Man Thinketh....  (Read 533 times)

LarryG

As A Man Thinketh....
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
 This thought of "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he..." which comes from a book written by James Allen in 1903, surfaced in my thoughts this morning and led to a rich flood of thoughts about thinking and especially in relationship to spirit values and  behaviors.

Thoughts and question like what we think about? , and why we think what we think?, what  are the many sources that are the foundations of what we think about?

How does our thinking lead to the actions and behaviors of a spirit led being?

Does our individual behavior and actions truly reflect and represent  our best ideals and ideas of what we consider truth, beauty, and goodness?

What is our understanding of the actual "doing of the Will of the Father?

There is a certain ability that we can develop that allows us to, in a way, stand outside or perhaps better stated, inside  ourselves and view and self-analyze our own thinking, behaviors, experience in the present, past and even futures.

As we become more attuned to the leadings of our Thought Adjusters, whether fused or no,. the quality, nature and even subjects  of our thinking changes and improves since our Thought Adjusters, in Their unmatched ways and means introduces Their adjustments to our thinking. It is only when we  can give and share with Them our silence, meditations, our active listening to their leadings that we will begin to advance in our spiritual growth and stature and finally begin to gain spirit value and  wisdom.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he,"  eventually has the power to change and spiritualize our behavior through thought and action as we become a self conscious, willful spirit led citizen of the Cosmos, DOING the Will of the Father.

In September, 2013 when I became a member here, aafter having been a visiting guest for a couple of months first,  I remember my first two question asked as a new member were:

1.) Who is Sananda? ( becasue, other than the Urantia Book, so much of important things I was reading in my early "spirit quest" dating back from the early 1970's mentioned Sananda)
and
2.)  How does an individual KNOW what the Will  of God is for that individual?
Before I close this off, I do want to relate that for the past 4 days and  especially nights, I have been unable to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours without waking up and with a 45 minute coughing jag trying to empty  lungs and nasal congestion from all manner of phlegm  thick and vile ( sorry for that visual) of varing degrees of that putrid yellow, green and brown.  I am exhausted from constant coughing and lack of quality sleep and  plan to spend the rest of the day, hopefully, sleeping, drinking liquids, and a shot of Nyquil .   If I had some old fashion vicks vapor rub I would do like my Mom aways did  in her loving way when I was sick and lather me down .

Anyway  just my thoughts this morning and I will shut this down since  I am beginning to feel the effects of then Nyquil.   Even as bad as I feel, please know that my thoughts are of all of you and the coming Michael Mission.   off to sleepland..I hope.   LarryG

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: As A Man Thinketh....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »
Hi Larry, nice post -

There is also the statement 'a man is what he eats.'   That's the old garbage in, garbage out nutritionist theory.  Brain cells crave protein and basil cells crave starch.   Basil cells are those at the bottom of the brain pan to move sugars up to the brain itself to help the brain fire neurons quickly for otherwise protein-starved neurons.

I love studying what the brain can do but honestly and truly understand nothing really important.  Thinking I think has to be practiced to be any good and good thinking is even harder to do.  I once saw a man who ate nothing but protein as red meat and pork and the wild stuff like venison.  He was really something I would call dumb and never let thought get in his way.  Yet he had a glorious head of hair that made women think they found the wheat field of love forever!  Go figure.

I also think your pun unintended about who we are in evolution is good in spite of the problem of running so many prehuman species on Urantia they in spirit are still not sure they got them all catalogued.  I see one wag in spirit call homo spiritus to be to be standing on the shoulders of at least ten sub-human species that were thought to be good enough to become man; that is, until Cro-Magnon** showed up who was a mix of Neanderthal and Blue man.  Blue man was Sangkik. but Neanderthal was not Andonite but a sub Sahara species that man it great as long as there was ice--  so that places Neanderthal outside of the normal evolutionary pattern touted by the original Urantia Book (1955).  Go figure if you can as they simply ignored the fact the Neanderthal was human for that and let him die out in the early 37 thousands BC-- just as the biologic up lifters arrived to enhance blue man even further with his other Sangkik brothers and sisters.

**Note: Cro-Magnon was an Upper Paleolithic population of humans regarded as the prototype of modern Homo sapiens in Europe, characteristically having long heads, broad faces, and sunken eyes and reaching a height of about 5 ft. 9 in. (175 cm).

Cro-Magnon could out think Neanderthal and they often combined forces to hunt sea bear and the sabre tooth tiger in what is now western Europe and Scandinavia.  My angels tell me I have one Neanderthal ancestor and the rest of my ancestory is blue man almost exclusively except one great great great ancestor was a Crow Indian.  Cro-Magnon man has given me no ancestry at all but I am told that many who use to be on this list had lots of Cro-Magnon ancestors.  The angels tell me that you Larry have one Neanderthal ancestor too but he left before he fused (ha, ha).   Lemuel you have nothing like we wild men in America now but you are almost entirely Dutch and Welsh ancestory of the Sangkik races.

The race which could out think all of them was our little children of Andon and Fonta.  Michael says those children were bright eyed and full of monsters and fun in their imaginations and they play in the ice and snow with ease until their ancestors moved from Euro-Asia to the snow banks of North America and most perished leaving only a remnant of what most of us call the Eskimo race of man still living in super cold areas of the world.

Thanks for the post Larry as it is one of my favorite subjects still after years of reading the Urantia Book and wondering a lot about my own ancestors and how they got me going in this time and place with what I inherited from a Swiss ancestory mother and a German-born ancestor that came ot America in 1877 and opened a grocery store in Shrewsbury, Pa.  

Ron

Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Rene A Duran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 04:56:39 PM »
Thank you Ron for the lecture on ancestry, having an Ángel dictating or reading it is wonderful and us as readers enjoyed it deep in our heart.

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 03:01:07 AM »
Good thread here.  I think our early ancestors were so busy just trying to survive that they thought little about thinking.  Staying alive has had to be a major preoccupation.  But now humans have more time to think.  Unfortunately they do not for the most part and I think this is a tragedy.  They are too occupied with their 'devices' and other distractions and little thought is given to the important issues of living and spirit.

I think that 'as a man thinketh' becomes a habit.  Once one truly comes to want to know God, his thinking naturally gravitates to good thinking, and this good thinking leads to more of it.  And conversely, if one has no interest in things of the Spirit, thinking will become habitually unhealthy.

Hope you feel better soon Larry.  I get similar attacks from time to time and I just hate them, but its all part of having a human body, and its not always pleasant.  :)

Amethyst
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »
« As a man thinketh » ........... « a man is what he eats »
Just want to bring in my two cents by adding this one to these statements : « a man IS or BECOMES what he THINKS », paraphrasing an excerp of the « Law of Attraction » from Abraham-Hicks. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 12:45:59 AM »
As a man thinketh so a man doith.  (please forgive my spelling and pun)  If a man thinks he is better than others, so will he act.  If a man thinks he is inferior to others, so will he act.  If a man feels that he is equal to others, so will he act.  

I have walked through the underside of society and can well understand the problems of addiction and obsession.  I have seen how the desire for a high can cause one to commit unspeakable acts.  I have known people who have died because of these obsessions.  It is an ugly fact of life when one cannot face reality and instead goes down the path to oblivion.  My oldest brother committed suicide because he could not face reality and ask forgiveness.  

Our thoughts define our lives.  It is my sincere desire that my thoughts and my intentions can not only make my life better, but that I can also enrich other peoples lives in a positive manner.  I have been going through some hard times lately and I can only say I will not give up.

I must apologize that I do not post very often.  I do read this forum every day, but I don't always know what to say.  I await the advent of the Mission with keen anticipation and I am ready to join and participate.  I have a wealth of knowledge about The Urantia Book and all it reveals.  

I sincerely ask Michael and The Ancients of Days to look closely at the case of my brother, Richard P. Krupa, and save his soul if that is possible.

Domtia, Roger K.
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.