Author Topic: Suffering from Romantic Love  (Read 152 times)

HelderPoeta

• I wish I could help people around and me.
    • MSN Messenger - helderheart@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Barato Sites
Suffering from Romantic Love
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:55:07 PM »
Suffering because of romantic love, or the lack of one, is quite common in our days, but what do when that pain is lasting for a long time and all evidence points that you lost your best chance of finding someone compatible to you years ago? Why love hurts since it was made to make everything better?
^_^

bradcooke

• View Profile
Re: Suffering from Romantic Love
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:13:21 PM »
Hi,

The answers to your question and needs may be many and very long! Love is like a hunger that craves it's compliment in order to satisfy that need for companionship, to help fulfil our goals, our needs, prop up our weaknesses, share out strengths. I guess sometimes we let a person that could really compliment us slip away, and don't relise what is gone until it is!
But, not to sound corny, it does spring eternal as long as our hearts, mind and spirits are open to it's possibilities.
I do hope there is a turn around for you my friend...
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
Re: Suffering from Romantic Love
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »
Hi Helder
Romantic pain has been with us for centuries. I think of Romeo and Juliet.   I know of a couple that after 55 years never reunited and one still feels the pain of loss.  Its really complicated, but I am convinced that at least in some cases these deep love experiences help us with our spiritual growth in some way.  Not necessarily the same lesson for everyone, but there is a reason.  It has been said  that time heals all wounds, but I can tell you from personal experience at age 71, the wound may be healed but the scar tissue remains deep.  But it has given me the gift of empathy.  I am an empath, and I truly believe if it were not for the remaining scar tissue, I would never have been given this gift.  
The Urantia Book tells us to ask and you shall receive (167:5.3. ;  168:4.13).  I have asked of God to show me the reasons for this pain, and I have also asked, if its God's Will, for a someday reunion, when together we can be in service to the universe and to God together.  Don't hesitate to ask your Indwelling Spirit to give you some answers.
Blessings,
Amethyst
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 11:14:36 PM by amethyst »
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken