Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Criticism  (Read 96 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Criticism
« on: July 05, 2018, 01:26:53 AM »
Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: Criticism
Place: Girona; Catalunya, Spain.
Date/ Time: 5th July 2018  07:26 Local 06:26 Z

https://app.box.com/s/j3c8rfp65ct3uqucl6xdypgqjb5r3nax

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Criticism
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:30:52 AM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

Criticism

Beloved/Lemuel : This morning we would like to talk about « Criticism ». I am sure all of you, at some time or another, have been a victim of criticism, it is a very common way of certain people who simply cannot understand the value and differences of people and the way they do things.

Children in school can be very cruel and criticizing each other for all sorts of different reasons. Criticism between husband and wife which is a very common thing and leads eventually to separation and divorce. It is, in my opinion, one of the worst things one can do to your fellow brothers and sisters.

Physical abuse and violence is the worst but secondly I would say to criticize someone is so damaging to that person morally and that person in that coming had a very low esteem and you may think that it is only the ego that get hurt and upset because of criticism. Well this is true to a point because it is ego that gets upset and hurt because of criticism.

But my friends it goes even deeper than that because the soul suffers as well. I have told you several times before, the soul needs to grow, needs to mature and the only thing that the soul can mature with is spiritual food and that means Love and everything that comes from a loving concern which of course is totally devoid when one is being crticized.

So, the soul does suffer because it is not being fed with a loving thought and compassion and forgiveness and all the wonderful things that are under the umbrella of Love. This is totally absent when the person is consistently being criticized and can lead to depression and even suicide. You all know this to be true.

The underlying cause, of course, is the inability to recognize the beauty and the value in variety and the differences the way people dress, the way people behave. It is so easy to criticize because you have all your own opinion about how people should dress and behave and that, in and of itself, tells one immediately that this person is immature and that’s why they criticize.

It is indeed a very hurtful experience. I can’t help thinking and remembering when I was a child, there is only one period in my life that I recall, that I suffered from criticism that was during my school years but thankfully it did not last very long, but nevertheless I remember how painful it was and when you think of it, it is such a suffering on all levels when one is being criticized.

My dear friends, I dare say all of you not only have been victims of criticism, but you yourselves, at one time or another, have criticized someone else. You may have been in a situation, particular between husband and wife, when you are able to do something better and quicker than the other person.

So what ? does that mean you must seek to change this other person to doing what you can do better and quicker than them ? No, that is definitely wrong, it means that you have no respect whatsoever for that person to express themselves freely as they are able to express themselves and need to express themselves without criticism from you or anyone else.

So dear friends think about this. I repeat it is one of the worst things to be criticized. So please, the next time you find the need to criticize someone for whatever reason, stop and think twice about what you are doing or what you are intending to do. You will hurt not only the ego of that person but you will also hurt the soul and that is the last thing you want anyone to do to you.

So please, do not criticize, recognize the beauty and the value….yes the value and the differences between people and the way they do things or dress or whatever it is. Show your respect for differences, do not criticize and you will not be criticized in return. Thank you for listening, I bid you all a very good day. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:07:59 PM »
The word « criticism » does not always imply a bad connotation when used in the field of art where it is necessary to evaluate a creativity. Of course, it can be detrimental for someone with a big ego, but on the other hand a criticism delivered with the intention to help someone to make progress in his/her own field of predilection, can be very constructive.

It depends mostly in the manner the criticism is delivered and how it is received by the person criticized. Sometimes, we hold back a constructive criticism, which is no more or less than a good advice with the intention to help and not belittle someone else, for fear of hurting one’s sensibility (ego) and it is indeed a shame. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:39:49 AM »
@Clency, I do like your post! Mortal animals take offense so easily. It is a true art to prepare the soil for the delivery of constructive criticism indeed. 

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
This post discussing criticism has had me thinking and reading and it can be such a sticky sticky topic and subject  on our world especially now that "kindness" and civility seems to have fled most social norms and mores in the past 2 years.   In any and all social relationships, parent/child, teacher/student, friend/friend in  every aspect of human interaction and behavior, this  concept of criticism is up there on the list of importance since we all have a stake in the whole subject.   In all of the reading I have done since this post was made has proved that an extensive master  treatise could be and probably has been written on "criticism".   It touches almost every aspect of our human behavior in interpersonal relationships and  gaining understanding on how best to view and execute criticism properly, intelligently, compassionately and lovingly with all it's complexities for it is quite powerful in the how, why and, who the entire subject is approached.  It is one of those fields of study and understanding where all need to investigate personal "intent"and "motivation", discernment.  So many personal "judgements" are based and formulated and  then relayed without having full knowledge  of true facts, situations, and circumstances.

I once read a long time ago  that " unsolicited advice is rarely accepted" and I would dare say that it is even more so with criticism! I have always tried to keep that in mind in my dealings and interactions with people, especially in that being critical is just a part of our being human.   But there is of course, ways to utilize criticism as an effective teaching tool  if carried out in love, respect and wisdom.... and it is imperative that criticisms are done  privately and , when possible, a suggestion of a resolution or solution should accompany any such use of criticism  if the object is to be helpful and educational. Otherwise it may be seen as  just an empty personal attack meant to belittle someone.   As I said  in the beginning... criticism is a sticky sticky business in human affair and relationships of every kind dealing with behavior.   

As  I said there is just so much to consider  on this subject and a good self look at our own attitudes and understanding  about "criticism"  is well worth our self examination.    LarryG
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:06:16 PM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

Pliktarious

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »
To be critical is a positive thing and if used in a constructive way can help a person along his path. I have been criticised before and maybe was a little irritated but when thinking further about it came to the conclusion that he was right and I was wrong. People should not mix criticism and mobbing or bullying in the same category as they have different intensions where criticism in a constructive way is to help the person and mobbing or bullying is to destroy their ego, Domtia .