Author Topic: Audio Transmission/ The Salvation Army  (Read 111 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission/ The Salvation Army
« on: July 29, 2018, 01:28:18 AM »
Speaker: Beloved/Lemuel
Subject: The Salvation Army
Place: Girona, Catalunya, Spain
Date/Time: 29th July 2018  07:28 Local  05:28 Z

https://app.box.com/s/62kocnyubeieboqnkslpbbksm4dickwh

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission/ The Salvation Army
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:35:22 AM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

The Salvation Army

Beloved/Lemuel : I have been sitting here just a very short time really and my thoughts wander back to my childhood and my hometown in Wales and the words ‘The Salvation Army’ suddenly cross my mind and I remember the building in my hometown where the Salvation Army and they had a big notice outside : The Salvation Army, this building where they have their meetings and services.

I may be wrong but I think the Salvation Army is an international movement of christian doctrine and belief. I don’t know, I may be wrong, but I would just like to say from the little experience, personal experience that I do have with at least two members of the Salvation Army, although it has been many years ago now.

I was always very impressed by their sincerity and by their ability and determination to put their faith where their mouth is, well literally so to speak, and regularly, throughout the year some of them will congregate in some part in the village or town and they will have some of their members playing musics and instruments and so they would play hymes and then would speak and offer prayers and generally they have a small crowd of local spectators or people just curious would come and listen.

Some will partake and enjoy the prayers and personally I have all in mind of that, they are all in uniforms of course, they all do have a uniform and they do have a scratcher of rank. I am not suggesting for one moment that is the reason why they are called the Salvation Army, but the point being that they do have quite strict rules and regulations and they do have a structure of ranks, that is to say they would have like ordinary soldiers and they do also have officers.

One of the thing I do remember about this couple I met years ago, married couple, that they are encouraged to marry within their own ranks of the Salvation Army and if you are an officer for example you are encouraged to marry an officer like a normal soldier. That was the case then and may be over the years things have changed, because the change in attitudes, but I remember many Christmas’s in my hometown where a group of this very devoted and devout Christians were congregated on some street corner with few musicians and they were singing Carols and it really was nice.

I have heard anything about them for a long time and it has been many years without hear and see them on street corners, probably that is due to the fact that I have been away from my own country for many years. Well, I suppose most of you know that I have been living in Spain nearly 30yrs and I have never seen a Salvation Army here, but I am wondering if the Salvation Army is in America for example. I know I can easily google it and find out.

But I am just here this morning, thinking out aloud and at the same time remembering with deep fondness and sincere admiration for these people, because they are out in the open air, in all weathers, doing their things, saying prayers, singing hymes and bringing the message of the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ to the people. I think I am right by saying that they are and have been admired throughout the years for the work they do, not only raising funds for their own requirements, but also for various branches of charity and in fact it is a wonderful movement.

Well, it is strange that I am thinking about it this morning, I don’t know why. Yes, I remember my thoughts were about my childhood and I remembered the Salvation Army who were regularly in my town on the street corners, singing and little band playing, in their uniform, marching up and down, indeed like soldiers, they were always admired.

So, dear brothers and sisters our subject this morning has been ‘The Salvation Army’ and I would like to thank them of the memories that they have given me and I would like to send my light and blessings to all of them and hope they are continuing to do their good work wherever they are, in which ever country they are. So, thank you the Salvation Army.

This is all for this morning, so this is my Beloved and Lemuel signing off for to-day and thanking you for listening. Enjoy Sunday, be happy, bye-bye for now. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 07:01:47 AM »
The Salvation Army, founded by William and Catherine BOOTH in 1865, is a Protestant Christian Church and an charitable organisation structured in a quasi-military fashion.

Their mission statement reads:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. ( source wikipedia )

Yes, of course, they are to be praised and admired for their humanitarian activities in 128 or more countries in the world, but my fear is that they are one of those christian churches that will not acknowledge the Second Return of Jesus, by sticking to their belief system. Time will tell. Domtia

Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

LarryG

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »
Clency and  others,  The time that it will take for Urantia to accept that there is a Divine Intervention  ongoing and how quickly the plans of the Michael Mission, the Return  of Jesus, the coming of  a Magisterial Mission. and the many  exciting innovations that will be brought through Rayson will, I believe, depend on so many variables that can only be resolved as they are unfolded.  While we  don't know, at this moment, just how these Missions are going to be initially presented to Urantia, no doubt it will be met with almost every possible emotional, physical, mental and spiritual reaction and response within the mind and heart of  humanity... may take several generations, especially since there will also be the pole shift, the reset of our sun, tectonic re-alighnment  which seems to be the first events to confront this world.

You mention in your post, Clency, the Salvation Army  and other similar organizations will be hard pressed in their acceptance of the Return of Jesus.   I think that that will be equally true for most religions on Urantia...even a very large number of the Urantia Book readers and  the Foundation  in Chicago, and every Government.

There will have to be major adjustments in every Government around Urantia and especially  the US Governments if it is to be the Seat, Location, and for all practical purposes, the Capitol of the Missions. as York becomes all that has been forcasted.

While we have been reading about that young pianist and others like her, I kept thinking about the topic that we have discussed several times concerning the coming of Homo Spiritus and the length of time that will take to blend in with Uranita's humanity especially if the population is  reduced  by the projected  numbers from 8 Billion  down to 4 Billion, which is about 50%.  
And I think it would be a fair assessment to make to say that it is going to get much worse before it gets better.  Getting to that "better" is where we all come in  in our service and involvement with where ever we fit in with the tasks at hand
This quiet time that we have had for about a week now gives us time to think through many of the revelations, projections, lessons, guidance and helps us be able to  increase our understandings  for what lies ahead for Urantia as a planet in dire need to come into a new alignment as well as all life on Urantia.

What we  know so far is always running in my thoughts and I am sure it is the same for most of us here.   We simply can not know and dismiss what we know!... that is one of the reasons why the delays, push backs, and date changes, etc, really have little bearing.  To accept that it will happen  as the Father wants it  is where we should be with it.

Just a few thoughts this morning.   In love and service to do the Will of the Father on behalf of Urantia, and in servie to Michael and the Universal Administration    LarryG  

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »
Hi Lemuel,

The Salvation Army is definitely here in Canada and in the U.S.  When my children were very young in the mid-80's I became very close with a Salvation Army couple with 3 very young children until they relocated a few years later to her home town in Maine, U.S.A.  They were very dedicated to outreach and helping others any way they could and he had a regular ministry in the local prison bringing the message of hope to so many hurting souls.  Though we lost touch over the years I remember them with great fondness.  The Salvation Army here provides temporary accommodation, meals, and many other supportive services to those in need and the proceeds from their local donation stores go to fund these outreach missions to the needy.

P.S.  In response to Larry's comments made while I was posting this, I would just like to say that I personally have to believe that the true heart motive and intentions of many people, regardless of the "religious affiliation" through whom they have chosen to profess their faith, will be the motivating factor in their service to Father when they are faced with the many changes and revelations coming their way, and that their personal moral convictions will be strengthened and guide them through all turmoil in the upcoming interregnum.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:51:33 AM by newstarsaphire »
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.