Author Topic: Interesting Thoughts From C.W. Leadbetter  (Read 148 times)

Paul

• View Profile
    • Email
Interesting Thoughts From C.W. Leadbetter
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
“ Unless a man has had very wide experience in connection with mediumship, he would find it very difficult to realize how many quite ordinary people there are upon the astral plane who are burning with the desire to pose as great world-teachers. They are generally quite honest in their intentions, and really think that they have teaching to give which will save the world. Now that they are dead they have fully realized the worthlessness of mere worldly objects, and they feel (quite rightly) that if they could only impress upon mankind in general the ideas which they have now acquired, the whole world would immediately become a very different place. They are also fully persuaded that they have only to publish their discoveries upon the physical plane in order at once to convince everybody of their inherent reasonableness, and so they select some impressionable lady and tell her that they have chosen her out of all the world to be the medium of a magnificent revelation.

Now it is rather flattering to the average person to be told that he or she is the sole medium in all the world for some mighty entity, the only channel for some exclusive and transcendent teaching; and even though the communicating entity should disclaim any special greatness (which he usually does not) this is put down to praiseworthy modesty on his part, and he is described as at least an archangel, even if not a still more direct manifestation of the Deity. What such a communicating entity forgets is that when he was alive on the physical plane other people were making similar communications through various mediums, and that then he never paid the slightest attention to them, nor was in any way affected by what they said, and so he does not realise that precisely as he, when immersed in the affairs of this world, declined to be moved by those very communications, so will all the world now go on contentedly with its own business and pay no attention to him.

Often such entities assume distinguished names from what may almost be called a pardonable motive, for they know human nature well enough to be aware that if John Smith or Thomas Brown comes back from the dead and enunciates a certain doctrine it will have very little chance of acceptance, no matter how excellent and how entirely true it may be; whereas the same words uttered by George Washington, Julius Caesar or the Archangel Michael would be at least respectfully considered and very probably blindly accepted.”

C. W. Leadbeater  THEOSOPHICAL TALKS AT ADYAR
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:42:02 PM by Ron Besser »

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interesting Thoughts From C.W. Leadbetter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:38:40 PM »

Hello Paul,  Your note on Leadbetter is well understood but today it does not happen at least to transmitters.  The old idea Leadbeater referred to is not longer possible due to policy changes in the local Planetary System our Mansion Worlds belong to.  When Leadbeater was active that was often true, but mansion world policy no longer permits the free wheeling connections of the past.  I mention Leadbeater in the same breath of Stainton Moses whom I also admire and was also an Anglican Priest at one time and set the world on fire with his transmission from Imperator and the first outline of the Urantia Book.  Leadbeater came slightly after Moses but it shows how open the Anglicans were for decades of use for the benefit of the local universe.  Transmitters you find here are not allowed to deal with the lower level mansion world individuals unless they have some important history for us such as happened to me lately to ascertain the use of four micron coal powders the German tanks used in WWII.  The T2 Tanks was a gorgeous machine but a killer so efficient almost nobody could stop them and they used coal grins in place of oil to run them.  Leadbeater never saw this kind of action since he died in the 1930's and never learned of the Lucifer Rebellion until he want over after his death.  Blavatsky learned of it in her life of the flesh,  But the information was withheld mainly because of fear that so many had in the spiritualism movement of the 19th and early 20 century precluded speaking to it at all.  Ron

[/URL][/img]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:51:25 PM by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

TrinitiLuv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
Thank you, Ron, for presenting Charles Webster's word montage..........My comment:  unsurprising and somewhat interesting.
Ray Borden //  TrinitiLuv //  27August2018 //  Washington, DC Metro Area

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Hello Paul,
Your font is huge maybe next time use normal fonts or were you emphasizing what you thought was important for us to know? Anyway, thanks Ron for the info.   I think lots of people wait for some person to return from the dead and that's the only time they will believe whatever it is. I find that absolutely crazy.  How is that going to happen.... because then they'll need to get back their bodies!  Sadly, so-called miracles, and other magic proofs of other-worldly realms aren't going to prove anything to heavy duty unbelievers.
Funny!
Evan  
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 10:43:59 PM »
Evan I reset the Paul post to normal attributes.  That is not Paul's fault as I see it since I am having trouble with font attributes too as i think this text editor is just about done for our use.  I cannot seem to find anyone to rest this software to a better use so we struggle on with it until we can afford to redo the entire site soon maybe.  Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 11:22:52 PM »
Hi Ron,
You're having problem with the program so you need programmers? Do you know that there are many good programmers right here in Manila, let me check if I can find someone for you....
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~