Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Freedom Of Thought  (Read 65 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Freedom Of Thought
« on: September 21, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »
Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: Freedom Of Thought
Place: Girona, Catalunya, Spain.
Date/Time: 21st Sept. 2018  18:40 Local  16:40 Z

https://app.box.com/s/5z5bbehbp8otrpymj85woia5osymtjus

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Freedom Of Thought
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:21:39 PM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

Freedom of thought

Lemuel : Good evening everyone. Our subject this evening is entitled ‘Freedom of thought’. Freedom of thought is something that no one can take from you, in fact it is the only true freedom that you all enjoy. Now, just think about this for a moment, you are free to think whatever you want and no one can stop you thinking and no one can take that freedom from you. It is in fact the only real freedom that you all enjoy.

Well, this is a wonderful thing, I am sure you all appreciate, but it can also be a two edges sword. I have heard many conversations over the years with different people, talking about some aspect of religion and the first things someone says : ‘oh, I don’t beleive that’ or words to that effect and I always reply in a gentle way – ‘well, you are free to beleive what you want, of course you are, but what you think or what you beleive is not necessarily the truth, is it ?’ and I ask them that question.

I go on to say – ‘it really does not matter what you beleive or what you think, because what is..is and the truth stands by itself, no matter what you may think about anything. At first, it is a very difficult thing for people to accept, even as a concept, because they normally prefer to stay in their comfort zone and within their reality that they have created for themselves. The way they think is the way the reality operates on them. It is the same for everyone, of course it is.

When one comes into discussion about anything, not particularly religions or politics or whatever it is, it does not matter. People are very prone to say : ‘oh, I don’t beleive that for one minute’ or ‘I don’t think that’, and I try to get them to understand it does matter what you beleive because the truth stands by itself, it does not matter that you do not beleive in it, whatever it is we are discussing. Freedom of thought is, I repeat, the only freedom that we have.

We are all subjected to the system or some people prefer to call it the ‘house that Jack built’ and there is little we can do about that as an individual, but what we think is important, to become more mindful of the quality of our thoughts and so within the freedom in which we are blessed, we can use that freedom to choose what we think, to think higher thoughts.

You all know, from you own experience, so many times, everyday, you wake up in the morning and almost immediately the same process and the same thoughts start again. It is the same everyday, it is like a needle stuck in a groove, in a record of years ago, those of you who are old enough to remember the record machine years ago where one used to wind-up with the handle and then place the needle on to the record and many times it got stuck in a particular groove and produce the same sound again and again and again until one lifted up the head-piece and put it forward to the next groove, so to speak.

Our daily thoughts are like that and it is very difficult to change that, only when we become mindful of it everyday and we may think to ourselves ‘here we go again’. It is not necessary for that, you do have the freedom to change your thoughts, it only needs to become mindful that you do have this freedom, you do not need to remain stuck in a groove of thoughts, no you can change anytime you wish.

All of you here on the forum have been brought here by your Thought Adjusters, you know this to be true. There are so many things to learn here. Those of you who have studied the Urantia Book and have read hundreds upon hundreds of messages and transmissions here and so we hope that your experience here on the forum has allowed you to change your thoughts so that you stop being stucked on a particular thought groove.

I am sure you realize and can accept that, you are different now to the person you were before you came to the forum, simply because you have learned different things, you have read different things, you have experienced different things and now you are different, because you are thinking differently. So, you in fact have stopped being stucked in a groove and that is wonderful and may it remain that way.

Your freedom of thought is for you to enjoy and not to become slaves of your thoughts. Now, this is the big difference and you must understand and see this for yourselves. You are either slaves to your thoughts or you enjoy the freedom that you have with your thoughts. We all know the terrible plague of those people who are addicted to all kinds of things, whether it is drugs or  alcohol or sex or whatever it is, they are slaves to their thoughts.

It is the most difficult thing for them to change without help and you all know that it is available, but the point of the matter is, it is so easy to become a slave of one’s thoughts and to get stucked in the same reality that you have created for yourselves everyday. So, dear brothers and sisters, do not become  a slave of your thoughts, enjoy the freedom that you are given for your thoughts, as I repeat it is indeed the only real freedom that you may all enjoy and so take advantage of it and do not allow yourself to become a slave to your thoughts.

I thank you all for listening and I bid you all a very good evening. This is Lemuel and I say bye-bye for now. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Freedom Of Thought
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 11:32:40 PM »
@Lemuel, I love this!