Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Atumn Leaves  (Read 221 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Atumn Leaves
« on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:33 AM »
Speaker:Lemuel
Subject: Autumn Leaves
Place: Girona, Catalunya, Spain.
Date/Time: 5th Oct. 2018  11:39 Local  09:39 Z

https://app.box.com/s/w272l5ab4haqhhhp889qd6vw0vaybs19

Pliktarious

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Atumn Leaves
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 06:32:27 AM »
https://youtu.be/xXBNlApwh0c
Hi Lemuel, above is a link to an artist Eva Cassidy who done a great cover of Autumn leaves.She tragically died in 1997 of cancer at the start of her career at an early age. Hope you enjoy it, Domtia. 

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Atumn Leaves
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »
"Autumn Leaves" is a popular song. Originally it was a 1945 French song, "Les Feuilles mortes" (literally "The Dead Leaves"), with music by Hungarian-French composer Joseph Kosma - derived from a ballet piece of music (Rendez-vous, written for Roland Petit), itself partly borrowed from Poème d'octobre by Jules Massenet - and lyrics by French poet Jacques Prévert. The Hungarian title is "Hulló levelek" (Falling Leaves). Yves Montand (with Irène Joachim) introduced "Les feuilles mortes" in the film Les Portes de la nuit (1946). (source Wikipedia)

Charles Aznavour, one of my favourite french singers, whose death two days ago at the age of 94 is felt by the whole population as a great lost, has interpreted this song, but I like the Nat king Cole version with lyrics. Lemuel, your voice is very close to that of Nat King Cole. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.