Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Great Expectations  (Read 388 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Great Expectations
« on: October 06, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »
Speaker. Lemuel
Subject: Great Expectations
Place. Girona, Catalunya, Spain.
Date7Time: 6th Oct. 2018  13:04 Local  11:04 Z

https://app.box.com/s/m129z8znjtmvmjypnrwhzq28gwl8vqn5

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Great Expectations
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
Lemuel, your talk this morning does raise an issue with me and wonder why your Adjuster did not address it in your talk today?

It is my understanding that HOPE often drives expectations of fulfillment.  Great expectations often are derived from the hope of fulfilling the ideals we come to expect will come true.  It is understood from your talk this morning that to have endless expectations of money or recognition or a knight in shining armor are okay to have so long as you do not pass up being practical on your way to the realization of any one of those things.  Perhaps your inward audio planner might address this aspect sometime.  To not hope is as devastating to man as to take away his ability to fish and feed himself.
Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
Ron, thank you for your comments.  I am happy to address this issue as I can see that in fact, we are in agreement.
Perhaps it is simply a difference of emphasis.

I have repeatedly stated in previous transmissions that it is inherent that hope springs eternal in the human breast.
I merely sought to point out that great expectations Can lead to great disappointments, especially if you are
always expecting, as you also say, money, recognition, a knight in shining armor or whatever it is to alleviate
your problems.

We all want a better tomorrow and the hope for such is always present, that indeed, Does lead to expectations.
I maintain that it is a question of balance.

Whether one´s expectations are fulfilled or not there can be no denying of the sublime realization that it is 
the spiritual fulfillment that surpasses all expectations.

I trust that I have clarified this issue to your satisfaction Ron as I believe we are on the same page.

Lemuel

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

Great Expectations

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. I am moved this morning to talk about ‘Great Expectations’ and I am not really refering to a very famous book by Charles Dickens of the same title ‘Great Expectations’. No, I am referring to the normal human expectations that we have. Mostly on a daily basis, we expect certain things to happen, we expect certain people, we expect to do certain things and we expect to go to certain places.

It is, I beleive, an endearing human quality that as the saying goes : hope springs eternal in the human breast, and we always dispose to think of a better to-morrow, we expect a better to-morrow and I am just been reminded of all the troubles teenagers go through and we have all been a teenager and we expect to have good notes at school and we expect to obtain a good employment, we expect to find the right boy or girl to fall in love with, etc…

So, we become accustom to go through our lives, as they say, almost on a daily basis, expecting something to happen. As we all know, it does not work out that way, does it ? Also it is said, a man who has not got his dreams, what has it got ? Yes, we can all identify with that as well, but is it not ironic that of all the great expectations that man throughout the ages has always looked for and hoped for and worked for and in many cases even died for, already has had within his/her own being the Great Expectancy that anyone can have and hold. I am sure you all know what I am referring to, that’s right your Indwelling Thought Adjuster.

It is so ironic that people’s expectations, in whatever form or guise, are always something outside of themselves or someone outside of themselves. They look for happiness, they look for security in the form of someone or something and they expect to find this. As I mentioned before, people are reaching out for the moon when they already own a Star, it is so ironic and it is also such a tragedy that people are so ignorant and this truth has been denied them simply because of lack of education and the system we are slave to, from the moment we are borned until the moment we die.

Yet, how very fortunate we are, especially people like us who are members of the forum and we have read and studied the Urantia Book and we have gained this most wonderful of knowledge, that in fact it is the achievement of all or any expectation that any human being could aspire to. So, my message this morning is it is not wrong to expect and to have great expectations, but at the same time to realize that now at the very moment, to-day and everyday and every moment, you already have everything and anything that you could possibly expect in your lives.

So, it is not necessary to keep looking outside of yourselves and expecting certain things to happen from him or her. If you are able, and you will be able to accustom yourselves, to be satisfied with what you already have and have had from earliest years, you will find that your expectations grow less and less until finally the day arrives when in fact you don’t have any expectations, you don’t need to expect anything because you already have everything.

Now, you may say and I understand why you may say it that it is much easier said than done or said than experienced, but I can only tell you that what you expect to happen, as you very well know yourself, may or may not come to pass and I suggest to you it would be better to put your faith in something that you already have. Well I think we have said everything that we want to say about great expectations, really I am sure you understand what we are trying to say to you.

I know it is extremely difficult, based on all the problems that you all have on a daily basis, with all the responsibilities, pressures of life, etc…, but we would just like to impart this simple knowledge really that to live in expectancy all the time of something or someone or whatever it is, is bound to leave you terribly disappointed. There is no need to go to everyday experience disappointment. If you are able to be thankful everyday for what you have, then as I say, your expectancy will grow less and less.

So, dear brothers and sisters, I know you all want the same thing, everybody wants to be happy, everyone wants to be successful, everyone needs to be loved, but you must realize you are already loved beyond your comprehension by your Beloved Indwelling Father Fragment. You know that and perhaps you still not really experience it but you will if you trust and faith in Him, it is suffucient and if you stop looking outside of yourselves for what you think you want or need when you already have everything you could possibly need inside you.

So, I would suggest the greatest expectation that you could imagine for yourself would be to walk hand in hand with Him who created you in the first place and be happy with Him. That’s the greatest expectation of all and it is within the grasp of each and everyone of you : the greatest of all expectations. This is Lemuel and I thank you all for listening, I bid you all a good day and talk to you again soon, bye-bye for now. Domtia
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:16:16 PM by Clency »
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
@Lemuel & RonB, Thank you for opening this discussion. After reading both your responses, I felt somewhat 'left hanging in the air.' I came across the following that brings together the inner workings and the outer workings of spirit with respect to hope and expectation.
"Elyon: You have well expressed the mechanism involved. You display your wise insight in recognizing the inner workings of not only your will but the wills of many around you. That ultimately is the will of the Father, that all things be considered in harmony. It is good to affirm and to pursue your desires, but to carry them to the extreme, as you say, expectation, is to interject the element of demand and to disallow the possibility for variance. Hope is not expectation. Hope relies in faith. Expectation borders on requirement."
http://www.tmarchive.org/readdoc.php?tid=747

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 02:39:16 AM »
Great post.  You all make good points.  Hope is just as essential to happiness, as hopelessness is to unhappiness.  Wendy, what you brought up on the difference between hope and expectation is frankly something I had never considered before.  Its real food for thought.

A few years ago I read a book ONENESS, by Rasha.  It is what I think a 400+ page transmission, and is an excellent read in case anyone is interested.  In the book, it makes the point that nonattachment to not only things, but to the outcome of situations as well, is needed for complete freedom  from the oppression of the problems we all experience.  The more we are emotionally attached, the harder it is to find peace.  

The only way I know of to reach this place is through my Thought Adjuster, as Lemuel points out.  I think there is also a correlation between hope and intention.  As we follow through on our intentions, we will hope for their fruition.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:48:07 AM by amethyst »
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »
Like Wendy said, I too am thankful to Lemuel and Ron for opening this discussion.  This is how I see it:  TRUTH trumps faith, hope, and expectations.  When Truth be known, hope and expectations are realized without demand.  "Expectation borders on requirement," says Elyon (thanks Wendy).  And what is that requirement?  It is Truth.  Moreover, in a perfect world, or in other words, in a settled world in light and life, neither faith nor hope nor expectation is required.  Truth is expected.  The Truth is all you need.  "Love is all you need...love is all you need," (lyrics by the Beatles).

And yes, as Amethyst points out Lemuel's view, "the only way I (Lemuel) know of to reach this place is through my Thought Adjuster."  Look what TUB teaches us about just that (132:30), " Faith fosters and maintains man's soul in the midst of the confusion of his early orientation in such a vast universe, whereas prayer becomes the great unifier of the various inspirations of the creative imagination and the faith urges of a soul trying to identify itself with the spirit ideals of the indwelling and associated divine presence."  Paul says to pray always.  And we all are familiar with "Know the truth; the truth will set you free."  Can hope do that?

Continuing my assertion that Truth trumps faith, look at 103:9 UB and it says, " Faith most willingly carries reason along as far as reason can go and then goes on with wisdom to the full philosophic limit; and then it dares to launch out upon the limitless and never-ending universe journey in the sole company of TRUTH."

Also in 48:6,  "... seraphim teach the everlasting truth." And, " These angels (seraphim) are all in the chain of recorders extending from the lowest to the highest custodians of the fact of time and the truths of eternity.  Some day they will teach you to seek truth as well as fact, to expand your soul as well as your mind."

In Paper 180:5 Jesus promises to send to believers the Spirit of Truth.  It says, "  This divine endowment is not the letter or law of truth, neither is it to function as the form or expression of truth.  The new teacher is the CONVICTION OF TRUTH (emphasis mine), the consciousness and assurance of true meanings on real spirit levels.  And this new teacher is the spirit of living and growing truth, expanding, unfolding, and adaptative truth."  Can hope, faith, or expectation be considered convictions?

Look at Paper 130:1, " Jesus was the truth giver; he WAS the truth for that generation on Urantia.  When a great truth seeker and a great truth giver meet, the result is a great and liberating enlightenment born of the experience of new truth."  Jesus did not claim to be a hope or expectation giver.  That was not in him to claim that.  He was the truth and he gave himself as the truth.

In ending this assertion that Truth trumps faith, I concede the confusion for some in regards to which came first, the chicken or the egg.  But I support the truth of the matter with this final reference in TUB 132:3, " But truth can never become man's possession without the exercise of faith.  This is true because man's thoughts, wisdom, ethics, and ideals will never rise higher than his faith, his sublime hope. And all such true faith is predicated on profound reflection, sincere self-criticism, and uncompromising moral consciousness.  Faith is the inspiration of the spiritized creative imagination."

Gooo Faith!!   And,
The TRUTH is,  the Truth trumps!!

Steve

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 10:36:07 PM »
To you all,
I've just come home from celebrating Thanksgiving with some family members. 

I would like to give thanks to all of you for your contributions in this thread and for being part of my eternal family.  :)
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.