Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Better not to mix  (Read 48 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Better not to mix
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:38:21 AM »
Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: Better not to mix
Place: Girona, Catalunya. Spain.
Date/Time: 9th Oct. 2018  07:37 Local  05:37 Z

https://app.box.com/s/r4olfbsyus8er9o96tywzpx4cn5p328h

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Better not to mix
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

Better not to mix

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. Our subject this morning is entitled ‘Better not to mix’. I recently had a meeting with an old friend of mine I have not seen for several years and in fact we have lunch together and we started talking as usual about spiritual matters and I discovered from listening to my friend how very confused he was about certain things and he told that he has over the past several years read many different and interesting books on spiritual matters.

As you all know, there is no shortage of spiritual literature that is available to-day and has been for many years, since the beginning of what is called New Age literature. We have been absolutely festooned with what people think, all very interesting but it is still what people think.

The great philosophers that we read of about what they think and so I ask him – would it not be a good idea for example when you bite into an apple and you discover that you like it, well why not go ahead and eat the all apple ? Because what this friend has done, he has bitten into an apple but immediately has gone on and tried a banana and then having bitten into a banana he went on to something else and bit into that.

So, obviously what it all leads to the confusion between one thing and another, how can it be otherwise and confusion will always lead him to doubt of authenticity and so the lesson to be learned, as I suggested to my friend, is simply do not mix. Obviously, there is fruit for everyone and it is simply a question of your preferred taste and when you read something that really resonates with you, then I suggest that you stick to that.

Finally, of course, the day will come when you have enough of that. No one wants to keep eating an apple for ever, of course not, but the point of the matter is, if something resonates with you then stick with that to the end and this is what I suggest to all of you and this is very important, especially for those who are just beginning to be interested in the spiritual life. By mixing one system with another it does lead to confusion.

There is so many things on internet these days, hundred of websites on different ways of meditating, well I am sure you are already aware of this. So, my suggestion to all of you to-day – do not mix, stick with what resonates with you. Members here on the forum and guests alike, when you really get into the Urantia Book and it resonates with you and stick with it, there may be many things that you do not really understand, but stick with it, because the more you read the more you will understand in time.

I am sure you have all had the same experience when you read something once and after a while you read it again and after another time you read again the third time and each time you read it you gain a little more understanding and this is true of everything that you read. The Urantia Bood is very deep and very difficult to understand and so I ask you all to stick with it and do not mix, because just to repeat, next thing leads to confusion and confusion will always lead to doubt of authenticity.

So, friends, it is better not to mix and this is our simple subject this morning. I thank you for listening and I bid you all a very good day, bye-bye for now.
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.