Author Topic: Audio Transmission / PREJUDICES  (Read 59 times)

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / PREJUDICES
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:55:48 AM »
Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: PREJUDICES
Date/Time: 8th Nov. 2018  07:55 Local  06:55 Z

https://app.box.com/s/sv9x58y6gbj1glkk7qafmcci8a9ckynm

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / PREJUDICES
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
Lemuel, your subject this morning truly stands out and is poignant and timely considering all that has happened, especially all around the United States for the past 3 years on the political and societal levels and this latest election in the US has been SO disturbing  with regards to   your topic of prejudice.  It has caused me great and deep concern, disappointment and sadness for I have come to realize that the progress  made is not at all as far as I  had thought..   It has pointed out to me, quite clearly and emphatically, that I have been a bit naïve and have overestimated in my thinking that significant progress had been made to rid and neutralize a great deal of prejudice in the US.

It has been quite alarming and has really made me open my eyes to the actual reality and deep rooted prejudice and even abject hatred and violence that is so much more widespread and prevalent than I had thought.  It has been a real shock to  come to terms with  just how deeply it rules so many people, here in the" land of the free" in a "Nation Under God"...NOT! And ,as well, unfortunately yet unmistakably demonstrates to me a more realistic view of the depth, magnitude, and expanse of difficulties  that these Missions and all who come to serve and work with them, us included, will be confronted with, and to transform and ultimately "transmute" these prejudices and hatreds with so many, may take a few decades and/or generations. I am not only shocked but quite honestly there is a part of me that is ashamed of our world, and in particular, these United States, for being so devoid, sometimes, of even a hint of truth, beauty and goodness, common decency, the slightest degree of civility, and "goodwill among men".   I am appalled at  the corruption, utter disingenuous and dishonesty of our Government, Religions,  and  most Governments all around Urantia.   We were told that "the House that Jack Built" would virtually collapse and so it is now, that  we bear witness to this truth right before our eyes.

It is no wonder that there will absolutely require a "Protectorate" established!  I could go on and on about it but I am sure all who are reading and listening get the  point being made here.

Let us all continue to pray for Michael, Jesus, Serara, Monjoronson, Matutia, Malvantra, Lanaforge, and  the host of Melchizedeks,  and especially Ron, for all will be in the direct line of fire so to speak and for the success of these Missions.   Yet we all know that our Universal Administration has done this time and time again and this is not their" first time at bat"...but I would venture to say perhaps not on a world such as Urantia, where such deep seated madness, hatred and ungodliness  exists and is so rampant among  the majority of its humanity.

I thank you Lemuel for your most timely recorded message.     LarryG
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:18:52 AM by LarryG »

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / PREJUDICES
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:08:14 AM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s transmission

PREJUDICES

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. Our talk this morning is about ‘PREJUDICES’. I suppose all of us, from time to time, as we are growing up and becoming adults, we all had prejudices where we were against something or another because of what we beleived or of what we were taught to beleive and not having the maturity to think and beleive for ourselves, we brought our prejudices into a deadhood and even beyond and then came the occasions in life when you have to come to terms, face again your prejudices and see what they really mean.

Just a simple example : you may have a teenage daughter and one day she comes home and she introduces you to her new boyfriend who is a colored boy and immediately your stomach turns and you try to be polite, etc, but you know you have been so prejudiced and this now you have to come to terms with. You may or may not confront your daughter about your own prejudices, probably most of you will, but the point is obviously it is also a wonderful opportunity to confront your prejudices and try to understand what they really mean and where do they come from.

Well, this is just one example and of course there are so many that one could mention. Just a short time ago we talk about outer-looking and inner-seeing, if you remember and I think it is way back in the 70’s where we had the punkies and I think many people, perhaps the majority of people were against this new phase that the young people were going through, with all sorts of tremendous hair-styles and clothes. Well you will remember, I am sure. This is another classic example of prejudices. We immediately see what we are looking at in an outer sense, but of course we do not see with an inner sense.

If you were to choose a wine simply looking at the bottle, the shape and color and size of the bottle, people will call you foolish and they will be right. Of course, you need to be able to see what is inside the bottle and to be able to taste the quality of the wine, and this is what it is all about. Instead of seeing what you are looking in the outer sense, try to see with your inner eyes and so coming back to your daughter who has just introduce you to her colored-boy, now you have the opportunity to see him inside, not to judge him by his color, his sight and his shape.

Well I am sure you can all understand this, it is such a simple thing, but it is such an obvious thing. May be for the first time in your life you are confronted with the prejudice that you have held all your life. As I said there are many examples that one can talk about, but I come back to this simple statement : if you are able to see from within then you will not have prejudices, but if you only see what you look at from without you will always have your prejudices and almost all of these prejudices are based on, not fear but it can be fear of course, but I am thinking of when you are impressed, there is another word bonding that escapes me also.

For example, this is the first thing that comes to me, let us say you have a younger brother or sister when you were a child and one day they see for example a spider in the bathroom and they scream and shout and you were there and you see it and from that moment you also become afraid of the same spider and you carry that with you, may be for all of your life, you will allways be afraid of spiders, well this is the sort of thing I mean. You can be imprinted with a fear, you can be imprinted with a prejudice which you carry with you for the rest of your life and it is a terrible shame, because it is so easily remitted.

Another great prejudice of course is when your parents separate and divorce and then one or both of them start to see another person and get married again and you can immediately get a prejudice against this because you were not used to this new person and you tend to stay away and perhaps the relationship you had with your real mother or real father, suffers because of that and that also is a great change because we all make judgements, don’t we ? Immediately we judge things by what we see or by what we feel.

Anyway, this is just a little chat this morning about prejudices. It is important, as I am sure you appreciate it, I really do hope sincerely that you here on the forum have advanced to such a stage in your spiritual understanding that you will no longer carry any prejudices whatsoever, because obviously they have nothing to do with the reality, whatever the circumstances are, it is just based on fear, on what you think ought to be, instead of what is actually. Well this is all for this morning, thank you all so much for listening, I bid you all a very good day and say bye-bye for now. Domtia

Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.