Author Topic: What Is Your View of Idea Suggested Here?  (Read 2266 times)

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
What Is Your View of Idea Suggested Here?
« on: December 27, 2018, 12:50:41 AM »
I have a conference call service free to all that is set up to run at once if we want it to,

If I institute one, what would you like to do with it?  The ideas have to be good enough to use for awhile at least to provide you all what I think is a free phone call for many of you to talk and provide insights with a live voice on the phone line

Give me some ideas how to use it.  How often?  The control panel is in my hands to open the service say twice a week, for example, like at 7PM eastern US time.  Or once or twice a month. Or?  and what should we do with it?  Let me hear feedback if it is an idea you think is helpful while we drift around in these days of so many changes.  I am open to establishing this phone service for all who want to listen or chime in with discussion.
Ron Besser  

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:05:01 PM by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Offline JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What Is Your View of Idea Suggested Here?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
I have a conference all service free to all that is set up to run at once if we want it to,

If I institute one, what would you like to do with it?  The ideas have to be good enough to use for awhile at least to provide you all what I think is a free phone call for many of you to talk and provde insights with a live voice on the phone line

Give me some ideas how to use it.  How often?  The control panel is in my hands to open the service say twice a week at, for example only, 7PM eastern US time.  Or once or twice a month. Or?  and what to do for us?  Let me hear feedback if it is an idea you think is helpful while we drift around in these days of so many changes.  I am open to establishing this phone service for all who want to listen or chime in with discussion.
Ron Besser  

To Ron and to everyone

Initially, I already leave my opinion, agreeing to the use of videoconferencing.

I'm taking an intensive course in English.

But, I feel that I need more, that is, to try to speak in English.

So the teleconference is an important communication channel for me, to overcome my limitations in the pursuit of the goal of reading, speaking, thinking and communicating fluently in the English language.

I'm thinking big, because for now, despite understanding a lot of sentences, still, I'm not so accustomed to speaking and communicating in the English language.

Moreover, and this is the most important, the videoconference will enable us to approach, among us, members of the Serara Forum. Yes, I see that there is participation, sometimes more active, sometimes more passive. I believe that we participate, inclusively, only when reading the messages or with comments on the various topics.

The opportunity to see and speak personally among the members of the Serara Forum, whether through videoconference, is very important to increase the connection that unites us for a greater purpose, the Missions of God.

This way, I support this idea.

On the other hand, I present the following suggestion to the group:

- I suggest that video-conferences be held at the weekend, 7:00 PM, on the east coast of the United States, once a week, every Saturday or every Sunday. In this way, those who work and have different time zones can participate.

Lastly, when I start videoconferencing I'll have to buy webcam (camera) and microphone. But this is simple to do.

With much love to all,

Julio

=======
Post Scriptum:
From what I understood the conferences would be over the phone. But I go further, and I believe that if it is possible, videoconferencing is more useful and comprehensive.

Post Scriptum 2:

If video conferencing is not possible, I support any form of communication that will approach us, members of the Serara Forum, including, live conference calls over the phone.

=======
Post Scriptum 3:
           I recently reactivated my WhatsApp account to make it easier for my family to communicate because I'm ready to travel to the US (I'm just reminding you that the US embassy in Brasilia is still missing the tourist and business visa), when the time is right for this international travel (in this case I only await the call and visa of the American embassy).
           I believe that Whatsapp might be useful on an international voyage.
          I think that maybe the WhatsApp application makes it possible to have multi-person video conferencing if it can not be done in a specific environment of the Serara Forum.
           On the other hand, I closed my Facebook account a long time ago. However, I can re-activate the Facebook account just to be able to do video conferencing if the technology adopted involves Facebook features.

=======

A Ron e a todos

Inicialmente, eu já deixo a minha opinião, concordando com o uso de videoconferência.

Eu estou fazendo um curso intensivo em inglês.

Mas, eu sinto que preciso mais, ou seja, buscar conversar em inglês.

Assim a teleconferência é um importante canal de comunicação para mim, para superação de minhas limitações na busca do objetivo que é ler, falar, pensar e comunicar fluentemente no idioma inglês.

Eu estou pensando grande, pois por enquanto, apesar de entender uma grande quantidade de frases, ainda, não estou tão acostumado a falar e a comunicar no idioma inglês.

Alem do mais, e isto é o mais importante, a videoconferência vai possibilitar a nossa aproximação, entre nós membros do Fórum Serara. Sim, eu vejo que existe participação, às vezes mais ativa, às vezes mais passiva. Eu acredito que nós participamos, inclusive, apenas ao ler as mensagens ou com comentários nos diversos tópicos.

A oportunidade de ver e falar pessoalmente entre os membros do Fórum Serara, nem que seja por videoconferência, é muito importante para aumentar a ligação que nos une em prol de um objetivo maior, as Missões de Deus.

Desta forma, eu apoio esta ideia.

Por outro lado, eu apresento ao grupo a seguinte sugestão:

- Eu sugiro que as videoconferências sejam realizadas no final de semana, horário de 19:00, costa leste dos Estados Unidos, uma vez por final de semana, ou seja, em todos os sábados ou em todos domingos. Desta forma, aqueles que trabalham e possuem fusos horários diferentes podem participar.

Por fim, quando começar as videoconferências  eu vou ter que comprar webcam (câmara) e microfone. Mas isto é simples de fazer.

Com muito amor a todos,

Julio

=======

Post Scriptum:
Pelo que eu entendi as conferências seriam por telefone. Mas eu vou além, e acredito que se for possível, a videoconferência é mais útil e abrangente.

Post Scriptum 2:

Se não for possível a videoconferência, eu apoio qualquer forma de comunicação que irá aproximar  nós, membros do Fórum Serara, inclusive, conferências ao vivo por telefone.

=======
Post Scriptum 3:
                                Eu recentemente reativei minha conta no Whatsapp para facilitar a comunicação na família, pois eu já estou pronto para viajar para os EUA (apenas relembro que ainda falta o visto para turismo e negócios  da embaixada americana em Brasília), quando for o momento certo para esta viagem internacional (no caso eu apenas aguardo o chamado e o visto da embaixada americana).
                               Eu acredito que talvez o Whatsapp seja útil em uma viagem internacional.
                               Eu penso que talvez o aplicativo Whatsapp possibilite uma videoconferência com várias pessoas, caso não possa ser realizada em ambiente específico do Fórum Serara.
                               Por outro lado, eu encerrei minha conta no Facebook a tempos atrás. No entanto, posso reativar a conta do Facebook apenas para poder fazer videoconferência, se a tecnologia adotada envolver os recursos do Facebook.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:54:17 AM by JuliodaLuz »
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

Offline Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »
Julio, I am not sure if Ron is referring to a video-conference in his proposal, but I like the whole idea you have forwarded, we just have to know exactly what kind of technicality we have at our disposal for such a conference. I am not very techie in this field of activity, but I think that a video-conference, when one is well-equipped with a webcam and microphone, is better than a simple phone conference. Like you, Julio, my english-speaking is not what one can suppose it to be, it has been a long time that I have not practiced a conversation in english, it will be a hard time for me to participate, but the fact that we can get to know each other visually, in a video-conference, and not only by hearing, is very pleasant, it makes me feel close to the participants, the same closeness as when I talk to family members, thousands of miles away, in my homeland, through Skype. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Offline occerpa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
Regarding Ron's request regarding the idea of telephone communication in the forum, it seems to me an advanced step to socialize better and more with all those people we would like to know more closely, but I take the words of Clency as that to my person; very good that it can be done, but those who do not master the language will be very limited. Thanks

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 10:58:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies so far. 

I do not want to go to video at all.  That requires equipment and knowledge to install it and use it and that is the last thing I want to put in the way of people who want to feel a part of a movement for a better world who are barely computer savvy.
The service is already up and running as established for myself and the Contact Commission.  We ran an hour of conference calls late yesterday afternoon just to see how well it worked and it was very easy.  So easy in fact, we all thought this could be brought to this board for a regular chance for others to easily pick up the phone and dial a number.  The computer is not involved at all that way.  The only the computer is involved is with me as there is dashboard on my computer screen with on and off buttons to help the call work well.  It records the discussions too if we would like it to and you can come back in on your telephone and listen to the meeting again and anytime you may wish. But, and this is the big but:  we need to have it educationally useful and to be a way to hear each other in a non committal way to all that is going on for this site and for the world at this time.  I am sure foreign countries can call in too but I am not sure how right now.

No video just telephone.  That is what we are looking at.
Ron

Offline occerpa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »
Understood Ron; and I also think like you that technology could allow us to speak our language and be translated into the language of the interlocutor and vice versa. Thank you Ron and give you the hard work you do constantly.

Online dreamcat01

• Dream And Pray For Wisdom To Serve!
    • MSN Messenger - medging@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
My wife Len and I use Facebook Messenger AND the telephone to contact each other when we don't have time to take or make a call. For a board meeting, it may be not as good, but you can have multiple people on a message link and just like a conversation, it is real time. They can all weigh in and express their opinions or ideas with the others on the Messenger participating in real time. Just an idea for you guys Ron! Trying to be helpful.

Online dreamcat01

• Dream And Pray For Wisdom To Serve!
    • MSN Messenger - medging@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 01:32:25 PM »
Oh, by the way, Facebook Messenger has video/audio abilities too! We use it daily and use it for Len to talk to her family in Manila.

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »
Hi All,
I like the idea of a phone conference. Thank you Ron. Let me outline a few items I have to look at first to see what I can do to get connected. The only problem I see is the appropriate time for me to be able to do this as per the different time zones and work days.

1. I will have to find a landline phone to connect to my broadband modem device
2. I will see if I can get headphone with speaker, I have one but will need to see if it connects to landline phone device
3. I have to check my phone plan with my provider to see if I can allow for international calls
4. I will need a time to do this say for you Ron to do this at 3am so that permits those of us to sit in this call in our time zone in the evening. 7pm York time makes it about 11am my time and that does not suit as I work at that time.
5. I have considered the Zoom chat option but I find the video aspect rather distracting, hence I agree with the phone talk only.

I will get to looking at what I can do on my end and let you know how this works for me.

Thank you for this engaging opportunity and I hope I can hear all of you. The headphones may help me in this way.

Sue/7inOcean
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:07:25 PM by 7inOcean »

Offline Sharon

• The oxen are slow but the earth is patient.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »
Hi, Ron. Is there the possibility of using the new conferencing capability as something similar to Lite Line but specific to this group? Or the NEC group? 

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »
Sharon, that is exactly what I had in mind and more.  Take it on yourself to explain to this group just what that is and how it works.  But I have more in mind than just a Light Line presentation and that includes all internationally because the call in number is toll free.  The code number to connect is tool free.  We need to know though just how international calls are routed even though toll free here. 

Yes Sharon.  Something else for you and for the rest of them here:

I rather not call it Lightline or Light Line as that belonged to the old Teaching Mission practice.  WHAT CAN WE CALL IT THAT SOUNDS AS GOOD AS LIGHT LINE?  COME ON YOU CREATIVE ONES!  SUGGESTIONS.    RON

Offline Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 09:16:36 PM »
‘‘SPIRIT LINE’’ !! I don’t know why, but I feel inspired, is it the way to go ?  :D
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Online gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »
How about " tele illuminate " or "tele illumination" ?

Illuminate, v.t.
1.  To give light, to light up.
2.  (a) to make clear; to explain; elucidate;
     (b) to inform; instruct; enlighten.

How about  "tel-enlighten" or "tele-light"

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 01:49:13 AM »
Here are a few (listed below) in line with the theme of news type work that is being adopted:

I have also used a shortened version of the titles suggested, just a few I have come to think on, so what do you think?

AscenderLine - ALine
The Salvington News Network - shortened to SNN
Serara'sLine Forum -can be shortened to SLForum
Reveal Linework - R/Line
AbideInMe Network - AIM Network

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 07:21:51 AM »
As I have mentioned to Ron via personal one on one telephone conversation and on our first conference call a couple of days ago, I  heartily agree that  these conference calls can well serve our membership.   It is a great teaching tool, and a very significant way to be more inclusive on a much more personal level than simply reading.  It really gives the opportunity to those  assembled for a call more direct ways to communicate.

One of the aspects that I have learned and observed in our meetings is that when we are gathered in these meetings, there is an ease and confidence in  the T/R experience that goes beyond what we experience with just reading and I believe that as our members are present and become involved with these conference calls that it will teach and demonstrate  an  increase and a furthering in developing the skills to receive in personal ways that become actual spiritual experience.

Several years ago I regularly participated with Light Line usually hosted by Jerry Lane and Gerdean. Gary P, one of our members also sat in on these calls  as well.   Given the opportunity to be involved with these proposed conference  calls just  adds  another dimension and level to our spirit growth which may well  add additional  active membership and guests.
Just my thoughts on this new proposal......LarryG