Author Topic: Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA  (Read 496 times)

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:19 AM »
Hi folks, I am noticing that the temperature in York, PA right now is -21 degrees Celsius. I read a news article about the deep freeze occurring in the U.S.A and there was mention that temps are forecast to go down as much as -29 degrees Celsius. Please heed the warnings this presents for those living in affected areas and stay indoors for your own health and safety. This is deadly. Take care everyone and hope this weather vortex doesn't persist for too long and passes quickly. Meanwhile Australia has been experiencing extremely hot temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius and there has been bushfires, monsoon flooding in northern Queensland, and a well set in drought in various areas in the southern areas of the continent. The earth is certainly showing some extreme changes in climate.

Causes for these changes could be multiple as I think of it. I pray the Power Directors have this planet in check as the earth has to do what it does to find balance.

Stay safe dear ones and my prayers be with you all who are caught up in this unusually cold weather that is happening.

Sue/7inOcean
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:00:27 AM by 7inOcean »

Offline Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 07:46:36 AM »
Sue, the wind chill affecting North America actually is expected by the weather forecast centers to last one or two days more. However, the temperature of a normal coldest day can go up to -30°C, but when added to a wind chill it feels like -40°C, says a canadian meteologist. -30 or -40 in the north hemisphere and 34° Celsius in the south, we have to acknowledge extreme weather is already here, it is happening right now, so we have to take the necessary measures to face the situation. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
Thanks Clency, my response to those temps is this:

WHAT!!! THAT IS INSANELY COLD!!! You may as well be in Antartica! BBBRRRRRR.....

I only experienced once -1degrees Celsius one chilly morning and that was very unusual, any further and I would be ice!

Offline newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Sue,

I live in Ottawa which is pretty much due North of York, PA.  The Weather network confirmed here in Ottawa (Canada's capital city) we became the coldest "capital city" on the planet January 19th.  Here's an excerpt from their site below https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/ottawa-ontario-breaks-record-for-coldest-capital-city-in-the-world/122855

"Saturday, January 19, 2019, 2:46 PM - If you were out early Saturday morning and felt like you were in the coldest place on earth, you were right — at least when it comes to capital cities around the globe.

The temperature in Ottawa fell below every other national capital in the world on Saturday morning — and that doesn't include the wind chill.

Ulan Bator, the capital of Mongolia, is on average the coldest capital city in the world, according to World Atlas.

But the temperature in Ottawa — ranked the seventh coldest capital based on annual average temperature — dipped to –24 C, compared to –23 C in Ulan Bator.

With the windchill it felt like minus 36."

Frostbite anyone....lol.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
The fuel injectors in my car froze up.  It will not start as the starter makes a lot of noise and you just sit there when the check engine light comes on and the car stays dead.  That is not supposed to happen but it did.  I was going to the store for emergency supplies:  I am out of cookies.

Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Offline DaCandyMan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 03:31:17 AM »
In New Zealand its close to about 30c which is a rare occurrence, I never use to turn on the fan and blowing it at me when i sleep but this time it's a first.  hope it doesn't get any hotter than this.

Offline Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »
Tropical cyclones – I have experienced some in my life – can be very destructive, particularly when floodings and landfalls occur in over-populated regions. With what is happening with tropical cyclone Fani in India makes me ponder that the cleansing of Mother Earth, URANTIA, is well on its way. I have really the feeling that now is the time for a re-birth of the planet. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Offline JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 08:43:46 AM »
The month of April this year of 2019 here in Brasilia (Brazil) was much more rainy than the average. Here in Brasilia, capital of Brazil, which lies on the central plateau of Brazil, there are two seasons as well as in Israel, the rainy season and the dry season. Usually the rainy season is in the warm period that runs from approximately early spring (in the final case of September of the southern hemisphere) to the end of summer (in the final case of March in the southern hemisphere). Normally, outside the rainy season rainfall is rarer to occur, with few rainfall and low intensity. However, last month (April 2019) it rained a lot here in Brasilia and the two largest water dams here in Brasilia managed to fill almost 100% of the water volume of the dams. On the other hand, on May 2, 2019 there was a heavy rain here in Brasilia flooding several regions of the city. I am from the state of Rio Grande do Sul and I came to live in Brasilia in September 1993, that is, for more than twenty-five (25) years and I have never seen such heavy rain in May here in Brasilia, the rain earlier this month. The weather is changing around the world.

Post Scriptum:

Just to remember is also happening great floods in Africa with hundreds of deaths if I am not mistaken in Mozambique with tropical cyclones that I seem to read in the news that are unusual.

=======

O mês de abril deste ano de 2019 aqui em Brasília (Brasil) foi muito mais chuvoso do que a média. Aqui em Brasília, capital do Brasil, que fica no planalto central do Brasil existem duas estações assim como em Israel, a estação chuvosa e a estação seca. Normalmente a estação chuvosa é no período quente que vai desde aproximadamente o início da primavera (no caso final de setembro do hemisfério sul) até o fim do verão (no caso final de março no hemisfério sul). Normalmente, fora da estação chuvosa as chuvas são mais raras de acontecer, com poucas chuvas e de intensidade fraca. No entanto, mês passado (abril de 2019) choveu muito aqui em Brasília e as duas maiores represas de água aqui de Brasília conseguiram encher praticamente 100 % do volume de água das represas. Por outro lado, no dia 02 de maio de 2019 houve uma forte chuva aqui em Brasília alagando várias regiões da cidade. Eu sou natural do estado do Rio Grande do Sul e vim morar em Brasília em setembro de 1993, ou seja, há mais de 25 (vinte e cinco) anos e nunca vi uma chuva tão intensa no mês de maio aqui em Brasília, como foi a chuva do início deste mês. O clima está mudando em todo mundo.

Post Scriptum:

Apenas para relembrar também está acontecendo grande enchentes na África com centenas de mortes, se não me engano em Moçambique com ciclones tropicais que me parecem que eu li nos noticiários que são incomuns.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:52:25 AM by JuliodaLuz »
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

Offline newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
Here in Ottawa, Canada's capital city, (and in the surrounding area) we are experiencing the worst flooding in it's recorded history.

Here is a link to The Weather Network site showing many aerial photos taken 29 April,  the floods were expected to peak yesterday.https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/a-birds-eye-view-of-the-ottawa-rivers-destructive-flooding

This situation would be much, much worse were it not for the fact that our city receives heavy winter snowfall and we have an infrastructure in place with storm drainage sewers and all construction built to attempt to accommodate heavy spring snow melt runoff water, and designated areas called 'snow dumps' where winter snow removal taken from the street is trucked to and piled up in mountains of snow to later gradually melt without causing flooding.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Offline Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
Five states in USA – Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas and Illinois – are under warning of storms, thunderstorms and tornadoes, 19 per day expected, that can be very damaging and life threatening, according to the National Weather Service. If you are located in this regions, dear brothers and sisters, be careful and take some measures of protection for you and family members. May you all be under the care of the Father. Domtia