Author Topic: Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA  (Read 137 times)

7inOcean

• View Profile
Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:57:19 AM »
Hi folks, I am noticing that the temperature in York, PA right now is -21 degrees Celsius. I read a news article about the deep freeze occurring in the U.S.A and there was mention that temps are forecast to go down as much as -29 degrees Celsius. Please heed the warnings this presents for those living in affected areas and stay indoors for your own health and safety. This is deadly. Take care everyone and hope this weather vortex doesn't persist for too long and passes quickly. Meanwhile Australia has been experiencing extremely hot temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius and there has been bushfires, monsoon flooding in northern Queensland, and a well set in drought in various areas in the southern areas of the continent. The earth is certainly showing some extreme changes in climate.

Causes for these changes could be multiple as I think of it. I pray the Power Directors have this planet in check as the earth has to do what it does to find balance.

Stay safe dear ones and my prayers be with you all who are caught up in this unusually cold weather that is happening.

Sue/7inOcean
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 06:00:27 AM by 7inOcean »

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Severe weather is happening - deep freeze in eastern USA
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 07:46:36 AM »
Sue, the wind chill affecting North America actually is expected by the weather forecast centers to last one or two days more. However, the temperature of a normal coldest day can go up to -30°C, but when added to a wind chill it feels like -40°C, says a canadian meteologist. -30 or -40 in the north hemisphere and 34° Celsius in the south, we have to acknowledge extreme weather is already here, it is happening right now, so we have to take the necessary measures to face the situation. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
Thanks Clency, my response to those temps is this:

WHAT!!! THAT IS INSANELY COLD!!! You may as well be in Antartica! BBBRRRRRR.....

I only experienced once -1degrees Celsius one chilly morning and that was very unusual, any further and I would be ice!

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Sue,

I live in Ottawa which is pretty much due North of York, PA.  The Weather network confirmed here in Ottawa (Canada's capital city) we became the coldest "capital city" on the planet January 19th.  Here's an excerpt from their site below https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/ottawa-ontario-breaks-record-for-coldest-capital-city-in-the-world/122855

"Saturday, January 19, 2019, 2:46 PM - If you were out early Saturday morning and felt like you were in the coldest place on earth, you were right — at least when it comes to capital cities around the globe.

The temperature in Ottawa fell below every other national capital in the world on Saturday morning — and that doesn't include the wind chill.

Ulan Bator, the capital of Mongolia, is on average the coldest capital city in the world, according to World Atlas.

But the temperature in Ottawa — ranked the seventh coldest capital based on annual average temperature — dipped to –24 C, compared to –23 C in Ulan Bator.

With the windchill it felt like minus 36."

Frostbite anyone....lol.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
The fuel injectors in my car froze up.  It will not start as the starter makes a lot of noise and you just sit there when the check engine light comes on and the car stays dead.  That is not supposed to happen but it did.  I was going to the store for emergency supplies:  I am out of cookies.

Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

DaCandyMan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 03:31:17 AM »
In New Zealand its close to about 30c which is a rare occurrence, I never use to turn on the fan and blowing it at me when i sleep but this time it's a first.  hope it doesn't get any hotter than this.