Author Topic: Experiment - see active York Weather Radar on USA map  (Read 253 times)

Offline Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Experiment - see active York Weather Radar on USA map
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:27:25 AM »
Just an experiment if you can click on the file below and observe current USA weather conditions on an active radar page.  Click  the minus sign to see an even bigger picture and the plus sign to hone in on an area.

URL below: click on it and open the window. Tab down until you see a white map and at the bottom of the map is the word NOW.  Click on that and you should get live radar of what is passing over York or it is clear.  Click the minus signs and you can radar over the rest of the country to the extent you may wish.  Click the plus sign and you hone in tight up to a geographical area.  Let's see if this works okay for you curious ones.   Thanks

Post here all you want/
RON
https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USPA2288:1:US
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:38:54 AM by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online 7inOcean

• View Profile
Re: Experiment - see active York Weather Radar on USA map
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:25:57 AM »
Yes dear Ron, it works just fine on my PC  with Windows 10  and the radar window was fabulous, the radar with clouds was working fine too. It pretty much does all that you asked us to do. A nice experiment.  ;D  I sure hope those in tornado alley are keeping a good watch as they have been horrendous lately. I saw some pictures on our news here in my country and I was really concerned for the people there in those areas. Keep safe everyone. Meanwhile, I am getting really cold winter weather now with continuous southern cold fronts coming from the Antarctic,  brrrrr.   Much love, Sue

Offline Pliktarious

• The light of God surrounds us.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 04:57:41 AM »
Ron and Sue, I would prefer  using Google Earth when looking at York,since it has 3d satellite  photos and shows places of interest like Museums,Stadiums and Parks, I can even see your house😊.There is lots of weather apps on the internet that show the weather live,thanks for the post in any way, Domtia.

Online 7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 05:06:09 AM »
Yes thank you Pliktarious Google Earth is fabulous for geographical purposes but it does not show the weather live as Ron has shared. I have a website in Australia called bom.gov.au that has the weather radar too as well as the national rain radar loop which shows the current rain weather coming across the landmass. I think it helps to see how these radars show some vital weather patterns that may affect us and so be prepared for some freaky winds, temperature extremes and any hazards to watch out for. It's great to have so much at our finger tips! Thanks Ron for the experiment for whatever you may have in mind.