Author Topic: Audio Transmission / Instinct/Ego  (Read 87 times)

Online Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Audio Transmission / Instinct/Ego
« on: August 16, 2019, 07:10:23 AM »
Speaker: Thought Adjuster
Subject: Instinct/Ego
T/R: Lemuel
Date/Time: 16th Aug. 2019  13:08 Local  11:08 Z

https://app.box.com/s/1wl98uzfnkmok6aq9u0r1w1mbzn3wrmb

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Audio Transmission / Instinct/Ego
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio transmission

Instinct/Ego

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. I have often wondered and thought about why is it that ego plays such a dominate part in the lives of so many people and the obvious difficulty that I think most people have of controlling ego and so I have asked my Beloved Thought Adjuster if He would like to say something about this. Thank you.

Thought Adjuster : Yes, I am happy to talk about this. The first thing I would like to say to all of you is to advise you that there is of course a tremendous fence between animal instinct and ego. The human-being is borned with an animal instinct, because remember you are partly animal. Well, even to go further, you are physical or chemical and you are vegetal and animal and you are human and you also have influences superhuman.

Anyway, come back to instinct and your ego. You are borned with instinct and of course you need this to survive as all animals do and this is easily recognizable. This manifests when you are in a situation of great danger and so your animal instinct is something that you all have, that you all need and that is fine, that is as it should be. Ego is something else entirely, ego is something that grows and develops from a very early age.

I am sure you all witness a small child, even as young as the age or perhaps three or even younger, displaying their egos and a little later on, you can see how this really develops in some children and they are able to throw uncontrolable tempers and feet and tentrums when the parents deny them certain things. This is a classic example of the early development and growth of ego, and you ask why is this ? How is it possible that an innocent child, so young can be obviously dominated entirely by egos ?

Well, you have a saying, don’t you : what is in the trunk comes out in the branches and that is to say, what is in the parents comes out in the child, and this is unavoidable. The way your parents, all parents, the way they behave themselves and the way they manage to control their egos will also dépend on the results that have to be found in their children. You may think that it is quite an unfair situation that children have such a disadvantage from such a young age, not being able to control egos.

Of course, it is not always like this. When Adam and Eve first came, the first material son and daughter to come here about what is now 238.000 years ago, more or less, the first generation of their offsprings did not suffer from ego, but as time went by, little by little, under the influence of the then Planetary Prince, Calisgastia, Adam and Eve and their offsprings became more and more affected by Calisgastia and the influence he had over Adam and Eve and their offsprings and as you all know, finally Adam and Eve defaulted and were removed from the planet.

Since those times, so many years ago, the situation has become much worse to the extent that one only has to look at the situation on Urantia to-day and you can see for yourselves that the vast majority of the population is totally dominated by their ego and have no control of their ego at all. Now, perhaps you can appreciate the problems, the difficulties that we have. Your Beloved Indwelling Thought Adjusters know how difficult it is for us to break through that vice that grips that the ego has on so many of you, so finally we may be able to elevate your thoughts to more spiritual level.

Fortunately, of course there are many throughout the world that have been able to control their egos to the extent that We, Thought Adjusters, can and have been able to raise the thoughts of so many of you and of course we are so very happy that this is the case. Well, this is just to give you an insight into the difference between the natural human animal instinct and the ego that you develop from a very early age. In the future of course, it will be very different, children will learn from a very early age that they also have inside them the Fragment of God and that will become stronger than any influence that the ego may be still able to influence over the youths of future generations. Well, that remains to be seen of course.

Lemuel : I ask if there are anything else you want to say about this [No, I have said enough for the moment. Thank you for asking me, Lemuel, I bid you a very good Friday and a very good weekend. Good day.] Thank you so much for that and I also bid you all a very good weekend and hope to be able to talk to you again soon and so I bye-bye for now. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.