Author Topic: Preping for DORIAN  (Read 4651 times)

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Preping for DORIAN
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »
Just to let you all know that I  and most of Florida have begun preparations for Hurricane Dorian.   As of last late last night  the hurricane center has changed the trajectory of Dorian to make a direct hit on Central
Florida where I live.....not that that can't change.... but as of now  landfall is predicted to be quite close to coming directly across Central Florida at a category 3 and possibly even a Cat 4.

I went to Walmart for a few essentials at 5:30 AM and already  many of the essentials,...batteries, water, ice, bread,  canned meats and  many other essentials were already sold out and people were already  "panic buying"... so I spent a couple of hours going from store to store and finally found most of what will be needed for several  days of no electricity.   Luckily I got my generator started after just 4 attempts and  bought 20 gallons of gas for it which should be enough to last several days.    I have to say that I am very thankful that Puerto Rico was spared a head on hit considering all they have been through from Trump's Administration, mismanagement, lack of true empathy  and untimely nastiness.

I will keep you up  to date as I can.

LarryG  

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:13:47 PM by LarryG »

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Preping for DORIAN
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 05:46:07 PM »
At first Larry, I thought you meant Dorian Grey (the movie trailer.  for those who do not know the story, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbdd8oOwOY )

Dorian Grey was a young man in England a couple of centuries ago who was approached by the devil, for if he traded his soul to him, the devil would make him forever young, and the story is about the curse to live like that.

But now you are talking one of the horrors of existence for anybody that has to go through a big one.  I have been through weakened ones of two days of steady winds and such howling and whistling they produce and that always goes with them. We had to endure no water and no electricity for two days== yes it even happens in PA if we are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Are you going to board up your windows with plywood or some protection.  And they also fully recommend that if you have a garage door to secure it because all it takes is a little leak at the top and the fury will twist it off its moorings and in it comes to your attached garage and into your home too.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and that it meanders into the Atlantic up the coast and out to sea, but I agree, the forecasts are placing it right over you for now.  Prepare well and may you survive it without a scratch!

RON
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Offline bradcooke

• View Profile
Re: Preping for DORIANghts
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 10:32:58 PM »
Hi LarryG,

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you get through this safely!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 04:28:55 AM »
According to an article I came across some time ago, it is said that among all the nations of the world, the american people is the most prepared for survival of a doomsday – nuclear disaster or cataclyms of all sorts – and that there is like a kind of paranoïa deeply ingrained in the american culture. Prepping is part of the family life where a survival kit is a necessity, the same as electricity and gazoil. There are more and more preppers and survivalists in Russia also, people is awakening to this reality, and in the other part of the world where there is a threat of nuclear war pending over their head, put aside Japan, the people is less mindful. In USA where there is more carefulness, the problem is when there is an alert, the shopping malls are assaulted, so much that there is nothing left for latecomers. Thank you Larry for keeping us informed. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Offline vargasnunezj (TA Veyoptia)

• TA Veyoptia-9-III(Pre'Msha)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 07:18:48 AM »
Morning to all our brothers and sisters:

I humbly ask for your prayers during this difficult time for brother Larry G, and myself  as we both live in central Florida and hurricane Dorian is approaching our homes.
Prayers are powerful and responded to by our Heavenly Father. So please pray for us.

Thank you and bless you all,

José L. Vargas Núñez
José L. Vargas Núñez (TA Veyoptia-9-III) (Pre'Msha)

Offline weydevu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 11:30:11 AM »
Dear LarryG you are included in my prayers most of the time anyway but in this time of need may the Father embrace you and yours and the state of Florida in His Mist of Mercy and Protection.

Weydevu

Offline bernadette

• French Urantian Lady, AGDE
    • MSN Messenger - babettezarrouk@yahoo.fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 07:38:12 AM »
Mes frères de Lumière,
Mes frères de Lumière,

yes..nous  prions pour  vous,  ce territoire sous l oeil de Dieu, associé à tant d autres sur ce monde en plein chaos, seules nos prières spirituelles sincères pleine d amour et compassion pour nos frères et Soeurs de Floride   arrivent à destination et , les organisateurs de force sont toujours présent Dieu est avec vous qui sera contre vous?" bénédictions multiples love

Salutation from france, all urantian people,
tankyu so much ,dear brothers and sisters,
in my country, no people ready , yet for this wonderfull Work in the Universal father, i hope
french forum For Monjoronson, and Mickael;love
and light way together,multilanguages,with my respect and gratitude !

Offline bernadette

• French Urantian Lady, AGDE
    • MSN Messenger - babettezarrouk@yahoo.fr
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 07:40:07 AM »
My brothers of Light,

yes..we pray for you, this territory under the eye of God, associated with so many others on this world in chaos, only our sincere spiritual prayers full of love and compassion for our brothers and sisters of Florida arrive at their destination and, the organizers of strength are always present God is with you who will be against you? "multiple blessings love
Salutation from france, all urantian people,
tankyu so much ,dear brothers and sisters,
in my country, no people ready , yet for this wonderfull Work in the Universal father, i hope
french forum For Monjoronson, and Mickael;love
and light way together,multilanguages,with my respect and gratitude !

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 03:41:21 AM »
Many years backs, when I was a youngster, still living in my country of birth, I have known some tropical storms, which two of them were really frightening, but I have no memory of their intensity. According to meterologists, a category 5 hurricane is the most destructive, with winds that can reach 300 km/h, accompanied by floodings and landfalls. It is reported that caterory 5 hurricanes are becoming more frequent since 2015 due to global warming. After hitting Bahamas, hurricane Dorian is now heading to the coasts of Florida. Our prayers go to all those who are affected in this area. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.