Author Topic: Old member, new intro  (Read 58 times)

Online roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Old member, new intro
« on: October 03, 2019, 11:42:23 PM »
Hello all,
I have been following this forum for several years and have increased my knowledge considerably.  I have inserted my humble insights on occasion but have offered little if any constructive input in my opinion.  I must most humbly apologize for that.  I have been reading the Urantia Book for many years and I have no excuse for not understanding it.  God is all and we are His children.  It is that simple.  

When I was quite young, I think about seven, I was walking down a country road with my sister and looked up at the sky.  I could see the milky way in all it's glory.  (My vision has always been poor, very poor)  I heard a voice in my mind saying that I would see it all.  Some years later I happened to see the Urantia Book in a bookstore and I was intrigued by it but could not afford the price at the time.  For the next week I was obsessed with the thought of this book.  A week later I went to that bookstore and bought it.  That was more than forty years ago.  I have never have any interest in joining any Urantia Book organizations or study groups or anything of the sort.  I joined this forum, nuff said.  It has always been evident to me that revelation is an ongoing process.  The Urantia Book clearly states that it is an incomplete revelation.  We are imperfect beings living in an imperfect universe filled with imperfect beings, all endowed with free will.  Can you see the problem?
Domtia
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.

Offline amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
Re: Old member, new intro
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:36:06 AM »
Hi Roger--Thanks for your 'new' introduction.  I have been reading the Urantia Book since around 1970 (ouch does that age me :(, ) and there are still parts that I find quite challenging.  I think there are very few readers who can say that they understand it 100%, so I feel that you do not need to apologize for finding it quite a difficult task.  

I too, have not been able to feel quite at home with the main Urantia community, even though I did try a few times.  I always felt like I was truly unable to express myself as freely as I wanted.  

I feel this forum, and all the members here, has been the 2nd most valuable imputes on my spiritual journey, the UB being the first.  I look forward to hearing more from you here.  
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken