Author Topic: ALERT ALERT Ssite going down to be moved 04FEB2016  (Read 924 times)

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
ALERT ALERT Ssite going down to be moved 04FEB2016
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:06:35 PM »
The two Serara sites are getting a new home and being moved lock stock and barrel tomorrow. THURSDAY 04 FEB 2016.

I asked for a schedule from those who are handling the move and I copy what they told me this evening:

SITE PROPAGATION
Discussion Forum
And Serara.org

QUOTE:
The sites will go into maintenance mode at noon Thursday (tomorrow)… we need to allow a total of 4 hours for the database transfer and the completion of all the new links… by about 4PM Phil will start the DNS propagation and that should take about 12 hours for most of the world… sometimes non UD based DNS servers can be slow depending on the traffic so non US based users should allow up to 24 hours to be safe.

If you see any issues here then let me know — otherwise, Serara is “on the move”…. this includes both Serara sites

UNQUOTE

Any issue you need to speak with me about, send me a personal email from your email client direct to

aronolac@comcast.nt

It appears you cannot use this site after tomorrow noon until late Friday if it is a normal move.

Ron

Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

7inOcean

• View Profile
Re: ALERT ALERT Ssite going down to be moved 04FEB2016
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:19:52 PM »
Ok copy that dear Ron and I hope all goes well with this move and that the sites go well in its new position.  Thank you for informing us all on this and that we standby and hope for the best outcome.  :)
Sue/7inOcean