Author Topic: Hello, all!  (Read 3791 times)

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
Hello, all!
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »
I am a newbie to this forum, so Greetings to All! And thanks for accepting my request to join this newsgroup, administration. I am, what you'd call, "on-and-off" reader of the Urantia Book. I was introduced to UB in 1994 by a close friend who was gifted the book by his math professor at the time. I am foreign born, of Haitian extract, and immigrated to the US in 1971.  I received my education, from primary to post graduate, in the US; I was enrolled in a PhD program in engineering but have abandoned pursuing that degree. I am an adjunct professor at a private college, teaching courses in aviation and management. Because I value my anonymity, I prefer not to reveal my birth name. I hope that that is okay with everyone. It is cool to call me "BB," short for Brooklyn_born.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:16:07 PM by brooklyn_born »
BB

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello, all!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
Warmest welcome from New Zealand BB.  I look forward to reading more about you, your experiences and what motivated you to join this forum.  It seems we are are in for a very interesting journey :)  

Daniel Alderfer

• I will not leave or forsake you even to the end
    • MSN Messenger - Danielalderfer@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Dear BB,  we welcome you with sincere family warmth, which we would extend to any one we meet in the world, but in your case it carries special emphasis because the likely hood of you wanting to join with out the prompting of the father is miniscule,  

That means in most cases you and others that might come at this time, are ment along with all of those here to have a very useful part in the Magisterial sons Missions  (Serara's and or Jesus's) please relax into the family with total confidence in your over care by the Father. Feel free to join in with any discussion. In my short career of 7 months, a newby myself, it has been a ride of lots and lots of  inlightening information from the highest sources, that are sure to thrill you as you expand.

With the most sincere regards  and confidence about your worth and you being held in great love by the Father. Daniel

PS from the post just above, you are so right Wendy Winter!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:29:55 PM by Daniel alderfer »
Daniel in Las Vegas, 970 618 1214, danielalderfer@hotmail.Com, While he was still a great way off his Father saw him and had compassion.

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
Warmest welcome from New Zealand BB.  I look forward to reading more about you, your experiences and what motivated you to join this forum.  It seems we are are in for a very interesting journey :)  

Thank you so much for the warmest welcome, Wendy! I am a member of  another newsgroup, Truthbook.com. Someone on that board mentioned a second Urantia Book was in the works, which peaked my interest. I was referred by that person to this board for any inquiry on the book. That is why I made my journey here. Prior to that, I had no idea this newsgroup even existed. I lucked out! ;-)
BB

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
Dear BB,  we welcome you with sincere family warmth, which we would extend to any one we meet in the world, but in your case it carries special emphasis because the likely hood of you wanting to join with out the prompting of the father is miniscule,  

That means in most cases you and others that might come at this time, are ment along with all of those here to have a very useful part in the Magisterial sons Missions  (Serara's and or Jesus's) please relax into the family with total confidence in your over care by the Father. Feel free to join in with any discussion. In my short career of 7 months, a newby myself, it has been a ride of lots and lots of  inlightening information from the highest sources, that are sure to thrill you as you expand.

With the most sincere regards  and confidence about your worth and you being held in great love by the Father. Daniel

PS from the post just above, you are so right Wendy Winter!

Thank you, Daniel, for the hearty welcome. It is most appreciated. 
BB

Kurt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
Welcome BB! I look forward to your posts adding to our collective wisdom.

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
Welcome BB! I look forward to your posts adding to our collective wisdom.

Thanks!
BB

Lynda

• Pynotera/Pre'Msha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »
Welcome BB,

Hello from Australia. Thank you for joining us and as Daniel said there is so much enlightening information here. Please feel free to add your thoughts to the discussions. 

Thank you to Father for our new members that will only enrich this forum.

Blessings,
Lynda 
"A funny thing happened on my way to ascension...."

MidiChlorian

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:04 PM »
Welcome brother BB, it's nice to have someone here who I have swapped intellectual thoughts and words with over the years, and I hope that you find your experience here as stimulating as I have, even reading the old posts to get a better understanding of the nature of the MM presented.  Although, I have yet to find where there might be a mission statement for the MM, but I'm sure there is one and as of yet have not found it. 
{. . .} Someone on that board mentioned a second Urantia Book was in the works, which peaked my interest. I was referred by that person to this board for any inquiry on the book. That is why I made my journey here. Prior to that, I had no idea this newsgroup even existed. I lucked out! ;-)
I too am interested in the sampling of the new Urantia Book, as noted throughout this forum, and at first I was curious as to how it may differ from the original and or the extension or continuation of the Fifth Epochal Revelation as published under the name "The Cosmic Family, volumes I and II" which takes on a similar format and uses the same structure in paper numbering starting off where the Urantia Book leaves off.  Having read these Books, I am curious as to how the new narration, as presented, as indicated on this Forum will differ from the original, where as you know, I am well versed in its construction and understanding.  Once again, glade to have you aboard. AKA, "As-Above-So-Below" and "Caligastia" from your aforementioned forum notation.     
The Reality of knowing what Wisdom is, is in the Experiencing of the Philosophy of using Knowledge.

charlie montoya

• 720-207-8176
    • MSN Messenger - montoya.chuck@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - 11100+E+Dartmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:06 PM »
Welcome BB, to this blessed, and unique forum, a lot of exciting things are going on right now , as Im sure you've been  taking in. PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS. DOMTIA!

Eternal Love will not be denied

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 05:46:50 PM »
Welcome BB!  You, like many of us, come from a background that is filled with a variety that gives us talent, capacity, and ability! Your contribution can only make this group stronger and richer, and all this in the service of our Father!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
Welcome brother BB, it's nice to have someone here who I have swapped intellectual thoughts and words with over the years, and I hope that you find your experience here as stimulating as I have, even reading the old posts to get a better understanding of the nature of the MM presented.  Although, I have yet to find where there might be a mission statement for the MM, but I'm sure there is one and as of yet have not found it.
{. . .} Someone on that board mentioned a second Urantia Book was in the works, which peaked my interest. I was referred by that person to this board for any inquiry on the book. That is why I made my journey here. Prior to that, I had no idea this newsgroup even existed. I lucked out! ;-)
I too am interested in the sampling of the new Urantia Book, as noted throughout this forum, and at first I was curious as to how it may differ from the original and or the extension or continuation of the Fifth Epochal Revelation as published under the name "The Cosmic Family, volumes I and II" which takes on a similar format and uses the same structure in paper numbering starting off where the Urantia Book leaves off.  Having read these Books, I am curious as to how the new narration, as presented, as indicated on this Forum will differ from the original, where as you know, I am well versed in its construction and understanding.  Once again, glade to have you aboard. AKA, "As-Above-So-Below" and "Caligastia" from your aforementioned forum notation.    

Midi!!! Wassup, my brother.  It's good to see a familiar face here ;-)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:56:24 PM by brooklyn_born »
BB

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
Welcome BB,

Hello from Australia. Thank you for joining us and as Daniel said there is so much enlightening information here. Please feel free to add your thoughts to the discussions.

Thank you to Father for our new members that will only enrich this forum.

Blessings,
Lynda

Thank you, Lynda, for the welcome greeting.
BB

brooklyn_born

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 06:52:55 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm greeting. This is a wonderful site,  and I am happy I discovered it. 
BB

JamesD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »
Hey BB, Welcome from New Zealand!!!
Summer time here. No snow...
With Love, Jim
"It's life Jim but not as you know it....."
   ~ Mait'Eliflik