Author Topic: is there a time limit to post  (Read 1391 times)

amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
is there a time limit to post
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:12:20 PM »
I have on two occasions tried to post, and just as I get ready to post it, it just disappears. A couple of nights ago, I spent considerable time typing a transmission and just as I was getting ready to post,  POOF  it was gone.  Maybe our celestial friends are trying to tell me something, or I am just taking too long.  I do type slowly and think as I go.
Blessings
Amethyst
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

kindred shall forever remain unbroken

Icon7

• Love Is All There Is...
    • View Profile
    • Icon7
    • Email
Re: is there a time limit to post
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:30 PM »
Dear Sister Amethist...

There are no technical time limits to replying to a post... there are also no technical time limits to entering a new post that we are aware of... try typing your new post outside of the forum in a text editor/word processor and then copy/paste it into the forum and see if that solves your problem...

Hope this helps,

Doug....
"Live Hand-in-Hand, and Together We Will Stand, On The Threshold Of A Dream"

amethyst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »
thank you Doug--I'll try it that way. :)
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty

Icon7

• Love Is All There Is...
    • View Profile
    • Icon7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:49:44 PM »
I have one other thought... when you login you set an amount of time you want to be active... try selecting a longer time if you have set a shorter one... I forgot about that... :P

Hope this helps more,

Doug....
"Live Hand-in-Hand, and Together We Will Stand, On The Threshold Of A Dream"

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 12:36:24 AM »
Thank you for your suggestions, Icon7. I also suggest you do your transmissions in a word processor or other convenience before posting it on line by pasting it into a newly opened page on this forum.  But read below as I have changed the time out criteria too.

Here is the root of your problem as you were then working. 

This software default for keeping a post page open without activity was 45 minutes while you worked on it.  Go over that and you lose it.  I have revived the time a page can remain open without activity without being shut out to last 2 hours now, or 7,200 seconds.  You hit over the limit of 45 minutes before and the software properly closed you out. Now it is open for 2 hours.  The reason the software controls page opening length is that some people forget they are working on a page, and if there was no way to turn it off, there is an unnecessary drain on resources.  What you also must be doing is letting it sit there with no typing in it for over 45 minutes, and that is a counter timing you out without typing for that long.  That is a bad habit to leave an open page that long without activity. 

Happy transmitting and the entire issue has now gone away however you want to do it.
Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

amethyst

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:02:19 PM »
Thanks guys.  I used a word processor and it seemed to work well.
Blessings,
Amethyst
Ambynetty