Author Topic: The Show must go on....  (Read 918 times)

dreamcat01

• Dream And Pray For Wisdom To Serve!
    • MSN Messenger - medging@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Show must go on....
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »
It was suggested that I should tell my story here so as to become more familiar to the group. First I will tell you why I use the nickname Dreamcat. My daughter who was 4 at the time, was talking to us about having a cat. I said to her "we don't have a cat" and she replied "I have a dream cat!" What a name and I formed a music publishing company using it.
I started being a performing professional musician at age 17 and was a saxophone player when I went to Nashville and cut my first album. I was a follower of Boots Randolph and he was my idol. I learned his "licks" for many years" Had my record out and played on radio and did okay. I was Junior Entertainer of the year for the VA Folk Music Association several years.
I then went to UT Knoxville and earned a Bachelor Of Applied Music which means you can play but don't want to teach. Played around Atlanta and formed my own bands. I was called to the studio one day and was the sax soloist on "Spooky" and "Stormy" by Dennis Yost. I hear myself on elevators sometimes. I did an album with Grammy winner William Bell (won his Grammy this year). It is on the "Survival" album. I was offered a relocation to Las Vegas NV by Charles Hansen of Charles Hansen Music. My wife and I were to run 2 music stores. I didn't like doing that so I went out and found a gig. Played many "Strip" shows of all kinds. I was offered the position of Assistant Producer and I did that job for 25 years for several producers.
As I write this, I am putting the finishing touches on a plan to relaunch a show I worked on "American Superstars" It will open next year at either Bally's or Stratosphere. That's about all to tell and those are the highlights. Needless to say I have a lot of funny stories about working with stars and on shows. I enjoy handling the nuts and bolts of Productions and I'm good at it.
Thanks for listening--Mike

7inOcean

• View Profile
Re: The Show must go on....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »
Welcome dreamcat/Mike it is a joy to hear your story. What a talent you have and is so nice you share this background with us.  Yes the "show must go on" although we all know there is a bigger one occurring in this corner of the universe, Mike you haven't related to us how you have found this Forum and whether you have read the Urantia Book. How did that all happen for you? You said "I hear myself in elevators" is good that you do because that is what we do here all the time, to listen to that voice within.  Keep up the good work and I loved to hear how you came to be with all of us dear brother.  Thank you for sharing and I hope you find your place here most fruitful in your endeavours to seeking the higher meanings of your life with the Father in whom we all love and praise. 
Lots of Love and blessings,
Sue/7inOcean

Allie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:30:36 PM »
Hi Mike: Thank you for sharing your story with us.   You have had a very interesting professional life!   Hearing about your adorable daughter and her dream cat made me smile.

When I finished reading your post, I wished that you had kept on writing.   You have told us what you do.   Now would you add a Part 2 telling us a little bit about yourself, spiritually? It will give us a more complete picture.    I am glad that you are part of our family, Mike............................Allie
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:54:32 PM by Allie »

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
Hi Mike:

Welcome to the Forum.  I'm also a composer/pianist.  Most of my stuff is for piano only, although I have written a"Fanfare" for piano, trumpet and orchestra,  "A Variation on Bach's Musette" for violin, viola, cello, and bass performed with a hundred + young to old players in the city area.  Mike, I've had a music store in Lafayette, LA for 25 years.  If you ever need any equipment, and I can order it, you can enjoy a cost plus freight pricing.  All my family receives this type pricing, including all on my forum family (take Note....oooh).

Thanks for the music.  See ya.

Steve

Dorian

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »
Hello Mike and I too welcome you to this amazing forum where the spirit of love overflows.  Talk about a small world.  I too lived in Vegas several times.  My daughter and 2 grandchildren along with her husband still live there.  I have been an entertainer for many years myself and worked many venues in Vegas.  I even performed at a benefit with Liberace and Wayne Newton at Caesar's Palace in the 70s.  Now live in Oklahoma with my wife and am an avid reader of the UB.  Don't be a stranger here.  Hope you enjoy the company and learn many things that will light up your spiritual world.
Your new friend,
Dorian

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
Dear Mike (dreamcat01). Welcome to the Serara Forum. It is great to know that there are several members in this Serara Forum, like you, who have a profile linked to music, which is something totally enchanting for our souls.

I see this internet forum as a totally amazing place for several reasons.

1) It is an international community that talks about the Urantia Book in a "unique way", with members from all continents of the world, who have many native languages, but even with the language barrier, we can interact many times Using automatic translators from the internet for fast communication (as is my case).

2) Members of this Forum Serara with different types of professional profiles and personality. And precisely because of this diversity, in my view, we have been able to reflect the various topics covered in the topics comprehensively.

3) And the main, in my view, the Serara Forum as a path revealed by God, with the same heavenly beings who wrote the Urantia Book about in the year 1935, on the coordination of Mantutia Melchizedek.

A brotherly embrace and may the light of God enlighten you and all of us who seek spiritual improvement step by step in the journey of life.

Julio

=== 

Caro Mike (dreamcat01). Seja muito bem vindo ao Fórum Serara. É muito bom saber que existem vários membros neste Fórum Serara, como você, que tem um perfil ligado a música, que é algo totalmente encantador para nossas almas.

Eu vejo este Fórum da internet  como um lugar totalmente incrível por vários motivos.

1)  É uma comunidade internacional que fala sobre o Livro de Urântia de "uma forma única", com membros de todos os continentes do mundo, que possuem muitos idiomas nativos, mas que mesmo com a barreira do idioma, nós conseguimos interagir, muitas vezes usando tradutores automáticos da internet para a comunicação rápida (como é o meu caso). 

2) Membros deste Fórum Serara com diversos tipos de perfis profissionais e de personalidade. E justamente com esta diversidade, ao meu ver, nós conseguimos refletir os diversos assuntos tratados nos tópicos de forma abrangente.

3) E, o principal, na minha visão, o Fórum Serara como um caminho revelado por Deus, com os mesmos seres celestiais que escreveram o Livro de Urantia, aproximadamente no ano de 1935, sobre a coordenação de Mantutia Melquisedeque.

Um abraço fraternal e que a luz de Deus ilumine você e a todos nós que buscamos o aperfeiçoamento espiritual passo a passo, na caminhada da vida.

Julio
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)