Author Topic: Just A Story To Tell - by Dorian Doyon  (Read 375 times)

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
Just A Story To Tell - by Dorian Doyon
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:37:32 AM »
https://app.box.com/s/fwi7ovc1gq0qpakqwc6ugr4e3i9nyaoo
I sat in stillness session, as I usually sit, around 8 o'clock at night.  I am still without qualified and bona fide results regarding my being able to receive a transmission.  As long as I am sitting here, I'll tell you a story about something that happened to me in the last couple of days.
Today, I went back up to Yukon Oklahoma to finish a transaction I started out yesterday on an auto purchase.  The man I bought the car from, or buying the car from, is suffering from the onslaughts of cancer.  He has been battling it for five years and has, just about, run out of options.  We hit it off just about right away.  I could tell by looking into his eyes that he is a man of God and truly believes in God.  He told me he has done all he can do and is now put his life in the hands of God.  I told him about my wife's recent passing, due to cancer, and we commiserated together.  He told me he was aware there is a better place that he was going to go to, that he was looking forward to it. He had resigned himself to that state.  He cannot drive, since the chemo has robbed him of  most of his vision.  He just sees narrow light, like if he stares at a flashlight, he can see that.  He is in constant pain and is now being subjected to experimental medicines. He has used up all of his options and told me he is basically being a guinea pig for these doctors.  That was yesterday.
Today, when I went back to finish our purchase, he got the car running good and it was acceptable to me.  He wasn't there, since he had gone to town to get the car title notarized. While I waited for him to return, I met with his wife.  She and I talked about the cancer, that took my Shirley, that is now taking her husband. She also is a member of God's family and proudly told me so.  Something urged me to broach to the story of the Urantia Book, and how it illustrated the true spiritual story of man's journey to God.
I was pleasantly surprised when I showed her, I had written on the money envelope the words: Urantia Book, that she showed true interest. I told her that we met for a reason.  I believe I was supposed to at least mention Serara.org and Serara Forum to her.  I invited her to check it out and dropped the subject.  Before I left the man and his wife, total strangers to me, reached out and hugged me very tightly. As I was leaving, I told him to contact me via my email address I gave him.  I'll just sit back and see if God reaches him through my words.  I feel he will check the site out and will contact me. I will not push myself upon him or his wife.  
I guess I am telling you this, folks, because I drove over 110 miles up there and back, twice, yesterday and today - 440 miles. For what? To look at a car? I don't think so!  I think I was led up there to at least talk to this man who was obviously praying to God.  He is scared.  You could tell by talking to him.  He is wasting away right before his wife's eyes and is sad he cannot do anything anymore. He has a trailer/camper that he is working on. He wanted to drive around, see some sights, do some things, but now he can't drive.  
I'm thinking maybe I was sent up there to talk to him to let him know: he is not the only one that has and will suffer.  I let him know that there are those of us that do believe in God and belief that we are one big happy family, growing and learning together.  Things happen for a reason!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:55:34 AM by wendy.winter »

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just A Story To Tell - by Dorian Doyon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:20 AM »
Thank you my dear friend Wendy for posting this for me as I couldn't figure out how to do audio.  You ARE an Angel.

Love to you,
Dorian
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:20:30 AM »
Dear Dorian,  While reading your wonderful story I kept thinking of the poem, "He has no hands but our hands."  
There are many versions with different words, but this is the one I like the best:

"I have no hands but yours to tend my sheep.
No handkerchief but yours to dry the eyes of those who weep.

I have no arms but yours with which to hold the ones grown weary from the struggle
And weak from growing old.

I have no voice but yours with which to sing.  To let my children know that I AM Love
And Love is everything!

I have no higher call for you than this:  To Love and serve your neighbor in joy and selflessness."

God bless you, Dorian.
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
Dear Dorian,

I truly believe that in their time of need this man and his wife were given the gift of love and understanding through you and your caring and sharing with them.  I'm sure their personal burdens already feel lighter as a result.

From many years of personal experience in the Christian churches I know that it is too often implied that those suffering from illness are suffering because of some sin they are refusing to acknowledge before God which must be the reason why the prayers for healing or going unanswered, and as a result the sufferers are further burdened and confused.  

Thankfully the issue of illness and its many faceted reasons for existence are brought into the light of truth in many ways through the Urantia Book revelations and should that couple choose to follow-up on your suggestion to discover its truth, they will surely be able to continually lay aside those possible added burdens of confusion and fear.  I sense you have opened for them a big door of hope  and "enlightenment" in every sense of the word.  

Shine on dear brother Dorian!
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.