Author Topic: Hello again my friends...  (Read 657 times)

JohnG564

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello again my friends...
« on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:06 PM »
Hi folks, it’s been a while since you have heard from me, about a year has passed.  

I still browse around here every 3 or 4 months, reading posts from my friends to see what’s new in their lives.  I joined the Forum back in 2011, but have been ‘on my own’ from this group for the past year.

We re-started a Urantia book study group in my home, and my wife and I still attend one in York PA with folks that remember Ron from back in the 80’s and early 90’s when he lead their UB study group there. We’ve been doing that for over 2 years now.  We are reading the Jesus papers in both groups, and concentrated on the birth of Jesus for November and December at my home group.  

I attended the Urantia international conference this past summer in Denver, and attended the 3 day pre-conference lead by 3 folks including Gard Jameson from Las Vegas.  For me it was the best UB conference that I’ve attended in the past 24 years.

Daniel Alderfer has been going to Gard's study group in Las Vegas for the past 3 years or so. Gard spoke very well of Daniel and we talked about his study group for a while.
Gard has been a U-book reader since 1972, and obtain a Ph.D. in Comparative Religion at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara.  He’s also a Trustee of the Urantia Foundation and has been teaching philosophy at the University of Nevada for the last ten years.  It’s good to know that Daniel has great fellowship there in Las Vegas.  

Retirement has been very good for me this past 2 years. I had been a member of an astronomy club and I finally bought my own nice telescope (picture attached) last August and went to Casper Wyoming to see the Solar Eclipse with my wife.  We camped out in a tent and had a great experience with a few hundred folks in the campground.  After midnight one night I stared up into the bright Milky Way for over an hour thinking about how Christ Michael administrates it all.

Were heading to Florida in a few days to get in some February golf time, away from this Maryland winter which has been unusually cold this year.  We’ll be seeing another friend there, another long time UB reader.

My brother was just here tonight with his wife.  I was in a UB study group with him here in Maryland when I started reading in 1993 and he has been reading since the 70’s.

I do miss my friends from here, so feel free to contact me any time via private message here at the Forum.  I’m in touch with a few of you on FaceBook, and have enjoyed my fellowship with Donna Lynn, Daniel, Sue, Wendy, Lynda, Arthur, Evan and others there as well.

Cheers to you all, and may the Urantia Book always be your guide.  
John  

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:20:11 PM by JohnG564 »

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello again my friends...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:21:04 AM »
Hello John,
It's nice to hear from you and see your smiling face once again.  Do drop by more often as you have so much to share with us about your busy retired life that is so Spirit-filled.  I recently read from one of the old messages of  Machiventa about us retirees.  
He said: "Your lives are so short; your years of awareness are so brief that many of you only have awakening for a decade or two before the lights go out and you pass to the other side. We are striving to bring into the younger population an awareness of this larger scale of your world, earlier in their years. Would it not be so desirable, such a tremendous increment of movement forward, to have twenty-year olds, thirty-year-olds, fully aware of the larger scale of action and plans and strategy for your world, that they would willfully—that they would “will” to engage their lives in the pursuit of these outcomes? You, who are here, have invested your lives dearly in the last twenty years in these directions. Had you invested forty years, it would have been quite a different world than you live in now." (http://nordan.daynal.org/wiki/index.php?title=2010-03-31-Strategy_for_Urantia)
Still with what's left of our brief time here we have the capacity to fill these years with thought, accountability and responsibility since we are already 'God-active'.  It's probably true for most of us that our younger years' greatest error was the 'failure to take action in our lives to move it ahead with deliberation and clear intention.'  But we can make up for that lost time and that's what we take with us when we pass on 'to the other side'.  It's good to know!
Blessings,
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~