Author Topic: Taking Up The Slack  (Read 348 times)

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Taking Up The Slack
« on: February 07, 2018, 08:10:28 AM »
Dear List, This is a message from me personally... not necessarily a  "reception" .   Although I would certainly  say that I received inspiration from Paynor, my ever patient and resilient Thought Adjuster, Michael, and Mother Spirit.   We are in such constant watch care, guidance, and encouragement  to listen to that voice and leading within!

I hope that I have not overstepped the proper use of  this recording since it is just from my heart to yours.

I thought yesterday morning of writing  something of my concerns on this issue but as explained in this recording my day got well out of sorts.   Please know that I am not preaching to any of you nor is this an admonishment of any kind but it is an invitation to re-engage  to keep our forum viable, inviolate, and central to these coming Missions and the very changing of Urantia from that darkened place it has become to what the High Estate of Light and Life.

Lemuel has become so natural at his recordings which I congratulate him on,  and I have not done a recording in awhile so I apologize for  my stumblings.    Please know that I do this in my great love for all of you and to the principles and Spirit of  "our" forum.  LarryG    

https://app.box.com/s/kgk2ad05yf8ncy3fs72yphb9wekztfcd
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:13:13 AM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

Dominick O

• View Profile
Re: Taking Up The Slack
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:30:56 AM »
Thanks Larry and Lemuel, and Ron.  Just writing in to show my pulse is still beating.  The idioms in my head, Larry, I haven't been sure are full of more ego, like  "piss or get off the pot," a favorite of my grandparents.  Have a good day, Larry, all. -- Dom

Dorian

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:00:08 AM »
Well, well my friend Larry.  I listened to your impassioned message and was very moved by your sincerity.  Lemuel also put forth the same type of message as yours and of course Ron has alluded many times recently to the fact that many have fallen away and/or just become ambivalent about the whole process and what it entails to not only keep the Mission alive but to nourish it so that it continues to grow in a healthy way.  Yes we have problems, but what family doesn't.  We all need to remember that we are human and are prone to error.  On the other hand it is said that to forgive is divine.  That does not mean that only a Divine being can forgive, it means that we can be Divine by forgiving.  We need to build up and not tear down.

Larry, I tell you true, that before I found or was led to this forum I thought I was on a raft at sea and that I would just spend what years I have left with just letting the seas currents take me from place to place, from idea to idea, from heights of happiness to depths of despair.  Then my faithful Thought Adjuster asked me if I had had enough of foolishly searching in the dark without a light to guide me.  He knew I needed help because I was going down for the third and last time.  He led me here and to tell you the truth, for the life of me I can't remember how it happened.  I just opened up my computer and the rest is history for me.  

My life has changed so many ways that I would have to type for days to list all of them.  The main thing I feel it has shown me is that I am not alone and that I do matter.  My life matters, what I do matters, how I am perceived by others matters, and most importantly, how my Father in Heaven LOVES ME matters.  You and Ron and Daniel and Wendy and so many others here have become more than my extended family, you have become my reason for not giving up. For wanting with all my heart to grow as much in Spirit as I can while still within the envelope of flesh and blood.  If we, all of us, just stop to realize what a wonderful opportunity we have been given to actually become a part of something so grand and important for all beings in all universes.  We are being asked by our God to help him.  Just stop for a minute and think about that statement.  God wants our help.  Thank you Heavenly Father for deeming me worthy to join in your amazing reclamation enterprise.  Can you imagine how many of the people that Jesus invited to join him but for some reason, "Failed to step up to the plate," felt afterwards when it was to late to accept the invitation.  I will not be that person.  I pray to God that I see all of you that are members on this forum at the feast when we can finally celebrate the age of Light and Life.

I remain your brother in Christ Michael,
Dorian
Domtia

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:52:07 PM »
Larry and Lemuel thanks for the push to do better than we are doing.  I had elective eye surgery (cataract) the past few months including healing time.  The left eye was done in early November and six weeks later the right eye.  For months I was reading, driving, etc. with one hand over the other eye.  It was not so bad though.  I don't know how Ron has been able to adapt working with one eye for so long.  Now I'm almost fully recovered but these interocular lens are still playing havoc with my old German blue eyes (if only I was Italian.  How 'bout Gitza--I eat Italian food at least 2 to 3 times a week; that should qualify me to add the "A" huh?  I turned off all the fluorescent ceiling lights in my office and brought in incandescent lamps.  That helps but at the end of the day the eyes are burning tired.  

I've been working the last few months on an Overture for the MSM Symposium.  Included within the Overture is an Anthem.  A few months ago Father Michael sent me a message thru Ron.  In the message He intimated two things: 1) The Celestials consider the key of C as the rising and setting of the sun, and 2) The Anthem would live on throughout my life here and beyond.   Later I thought--what Anthem?  I've never considered writing one. Anyway I began the Overture in the key of C (an Overture is a piece that introduces a snippent of what is to be presented in the main body of a music composition.  A good example is George Bizet's opera, "Carmen."  As some are,  Bizet's Overture to Carmen is a complete piece in and of itself).  Well, I don't know if  this new work will develop into more than just the Overture, so I tried to write it as a complete work.  Although it may evolve a bit more, it is complete enough to post it to the forum.  I'm waiting my turn to get into the studio to record and format to an email as before.  Ron Guidry, the famous Yankee pitcher and our Cajun native son has been recording an audio book since Monday and he finishes up today I'm told.  Hopefully in the next day or two I'll post it.  This is just a draft and don't know if it's worthy of acceptance yet, and if not, I'll start another one in the key of C as well. 

That's all until the piece is posted.  Today I just wanted to thank Lemuel and Larry and talk a bit.   And Ron, thanks for the wonderful post:  THE JESUS BESTOWAL 2018.  Wow! 

Steve

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
Steve Gitz, I am really looking forward to hearing your composition very much.  So when you post the recording I will be among the very first to hear it.

Now I ask you this:  The first piece you posted you played and you played on what sounded to me a marvelous piano.  Do you recall which brand it was?  I am a piano agglomerate of the best of the best in piano design too and love a grand that truly projects comfortably the low of lows and the high of high without getting out of breath (too fast evaporation of the high and low frequencies,)  That brings me to the point to note I also love a piano that sings and can hold a tremolo over developing base for best sound transition.  The Steinway's do this very well but I am not familiar with what you mention to me in the concer grand 9 foot four inch beast I would love to possess.  However Mother Spirit says I cannot live in a concert grand and must pay for my present roof over the heat at 2709 Sunset Lane.

I've owned and reputed three grands in my small life.  The first one was inherited and was a little beauty of oak and beach but the pin block cracked after only 80 years in existence and repairs could not keep it working right so out I went for a six two Kawai.  Two years later I ran into a hard patch and had to see it and later that year bought a 6 fort 4 Kawai and after I could not get any sound well out of it I had it reworked in New York with hammers they beat up and put holes in them for me and the action softened.  Well I got rid of that one too and now have nothing as life has been nothing but turmoil since the Adjuster came out and I lost all interest in playing-- I kid you not.  That is a consequence of not being able to demand much in salary when that happened and finding the piano quite a hard piece to lug around to move on a couple of occasions since then.

There's place within 50 miles of me called Rifesnysder which sells Steinway.  They had a huge fire in the early 2000's and fifty precious Stineways burned to cinders.  Before that happened on a lark, one day before the fire decades earlier I went in to drool over their stock.  Finally the clerk recognized I was impecunious and could not afford the new fellow on the floor and took me to the attic.  There was a concert grand Steinway sitting next to an 1850 something grand piano,  It was restored and he plinked on it but it was pretty woody to my ears and it did not have any resonance I could hear.  But he pleaded with me to sit down at the concert grand and try something.  Well I did, and I never sounded so good and wondered if that was me playing,  He broke into applause and I turned red.  I did a rhapsodic "Dark Eyes" and that grand made sound like a Lilliputian genius.  But what I wanted to tell you is that piano was in the hospital in their attic.  Somehow or other the lid of that grand piano split in two!  The man told me if I would take it off their hands, they would repair the lid as a bonus and just for $10K

Now it is known that a concert grand Steinway costs $100,000 plus plus and I wondered if I could sell my brother to the slave trade to get it,  I had at that time about 350 in my bank account and the rent was due in two weeks.  Could I spend that and place an advert for Rifesnysder Pianos painted on the side and I drive it around town with concert grand's lid wide open and they could deliver it to me knowing business would quadruple? (I promised them Paradise too but he said that was not necessary until he was older).  Well, they did not go for it and it too is just ashes now in some dump.

So it goes and so it went up in flames and today I find piano playing just a ghost of what I used to enjoy so much.  I look forward to your playing Steve in your composition we hope will make rave reviews for you and your talent!

Ron

Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »
@ GitzA (my self-proclaimed Italian brother), reading of your working on 'an Overture for the MSM Symposium' has me full of hope for yet another beautiful aspect to come from this forum. So much beauty is lost to Urantia due to wars, greed and egotistical pompousness, but miraculously there are beautiful works of art that continue to stand the test of rebellion and time! I pray yours will too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseMHr6VEM0 (one of my favorites)
@LarryG, so much of our sincerity is oft lost in translation (unless you're Mantutia). Your voice recording delivers from the heart and soul of the very fabric that continues to weave this forum together; the Voice of God within each member.
@every other reader, the list of work to be done in keeping this forum and Spirit classroom alive and fruitful is long! Many do so much behind the scenes and for that we are all grateful, remember too that more can and must be done to nurture growth. I take the plank from my own eye...

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 12:58:29 AM »
Ron,  regarding pianos, I think I once mentioned to you that, for me, the Rolls Royce of pianos is a Bosendorfer.

Ron, if you cannot afford the " Rolls Royce" then perhaps a "Bentley",  a Bechstein.

Over the past 60 years I have played on goodness knows how many pianos but the one that stole my
heart away was the glorious Bosendorfer.

LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 08:42:28 AM »
I have really enjoyed reading all of these comments generated on our forum... It is just so important to contribute and gives our lives a wonderful sense of spiritual belonging and gives credence to our work together for all of our membership and will hopefully be an open invitation for our many many guests as they make their decisions to join our forum for the good and benefit to each of us and to Urantia and to that ultimate goal that we all share in establishing the Kingdom of the Father on our world.   None of this can be accomplished in any better way that what we do here as it is extended all around Urantia in many Nations as they look upon what is done here.
I especially enjoyed reading from Mr. Gitz of his new upcoming  music work and the conversation about  the piano .   I always wanted to learn to play but my family was to poor to afford one.  I do come from a musically inclined family so everyone except my poor Mom took voice lessons and were all fine soloists attending the many music and singing competitions that were common as I grew up.  As a boy soprano I was quite good and won many of them and stayed with it until my voice changed and football and sports took over.   Unfortunately lack of practice sorta limited  my undeveloped baritone  even though I am still ok in the shower!!!! lol.  Bla bla bla.. Thanks everyone and let us find that supernal joy in our worship, love and service to the Father as we continue our positive contribution to our forum especially since we together  can make the best on the internet!   LarryG  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:44:42 AM by LarryG »
"What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day so Let us be about the Father's Business"

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
Before I answer your question about which piano I used for the first two pieces I sent to the forum I want to recommend a grand that will tickle your ivories.  My selection for you is the American handcrafted piano by Mason & Hamlin, advertised as the "World's Finest Piano," established in 1854.  The factory is in the Boston area (Haverhill).  The Model "A", 5'9" in ebony satin finish with the adjustable artist bench.  The Model "B", 5'4" is another wise choice--the only baby grand that I would buy. You see, with the full perimeter plate design (every other piano in the world is a 3/4 plate) and the tension resonator (Crown Retention System) any size you have plays and sounds like a much larger piano.  In fact, the 5'4" is the only baby grand I've ever played that sounded like a 6 foot or larger grand.  Sounds like crazy talk, as they say, but it's true. Go to the website and read the specs and learn.  I personally have the M&H Model "BB", a 7' semi-concert grand.  Everyone who hears or plays it says it sounds like a concert grand. Here is the website:  masonandhamlin.com.  The crown of the solid spruce soundboard will keep its integrity from generation to generation.  I am a Mason & Hamlin dealer since I opened shop in 1991.  I also opened up with KAWAI.  I still today carry both lines.

Lemuel likes the Bosendorfer and who dosen't.  Those Austrians build a very fine piano.  I'll tell a quick story about this doctor who plays quite well and was shopping for a grand.  He loved the M&H Model "BB", 7' 0".  But he always wanted a Bosendorfer 7 footer.  10 years later he calls me and wishes he would have bought the M&H for it's rich long lasting sounds.  I hear it a lot.  People come from all around to just come in and play the M&H just for the enjoyment with hopes to trade their piano in one day.  Lemuel also likes the Bechstein.  Although a fine German piano, many as well as I consider this a one generation piano.

Now to your question, which piano did I use to record and post the first two pieces.  I used the KAWAI digital keyboard, Model ES-8 (kawaius.com).  All of KAWAI digital pianos and keyboards feature a grand piano action for excellent dynamic control. The sampled sound (literally--with mics around the soundboard) is sampled from KAWAI's highest level artist full concert grand, the model SK series, the Segura KAWAI (Segura is the grandfaher's name).  KAWAI's digital sampling captures the sympathetic vibration from the surrounding strings and the process is collectively called "harmonic imaging."  You had thought the piano had to be a large grand, and you nailed it.  I'm glad the recording imaged the great sound that the SK Series offers.  I will be using the same keyboard to send the Overture/Anthem for the reason I can add strings with the piano to present an orchestra feel.  I'm mixing the piano/strings sound at a 60/40 split respectively.

I read what you had the techs do to your KAWAI grand.  They "voiced" the piano, a process of pin-pricking the hammer head felts for a softer blow to the strings which results in a more mellow/rich sound.  Voicing and regulating (adjusting the weights on the keys for a different fulcrum point to enable a heavier or lighter touch) are the two main adjustments to be made for a piano.

I was just informed that the audio book recording is completed.  The audio recording engineer is telling me to take pictures with Ron Guidry, our native son and Yankee pitcher Hall of Fame inductee.  I'm hoping to get this new piece to you all by tomorrow if the engineer recovers from the boring book deal. 
Steve   

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »
Thanks Steve, I enjoy insights and piano talk like dug outs do at the race track about the best of racers, and who has what.
I look forward to hearing what you wrote!

Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania