Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 915 times)

Online Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Friday the 13th
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:48:32 am »

Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: Friday the 13th
Place: Girona, Catalunya, Spain.
Date/Time: 13th Nov 2020  14.47 Local 13:47 Z

https://app.box.com/s/kjpe9kzglcyccxettme8i7dm1p3humqp

Online Pliktarious

• The light of God surrounds us.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Friday the 13th
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 06:15:31 pm »
Hi Lemuel,my father who was reared on a farm in the countryside told me that when their mother died a banshee cryed outside their house and that the banshee was there to collect the soul off his mother.He was about ten years old at the time when this happened. This was in the early 1920s and people were quiet superstitious and God fearing. As a kid I was fascinated about this story and has stayed with me.

Online Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Friday the 13th
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:20:11 am »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio recording

Friday the 13th

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. I would like to have a little chat with you to-day about “Friday the 13th”. To-day, as I have just mentioned, is the 13th of November, but I want to talk about “Friday the 13th of October” of the year 1307. That was the date of the act of killing of many of the Knights Templar and since that date many people regard Friday the 13th as being unlucky. Obviously, it was very unlucky for the Knights Templar, but I want to mention that so many superstitions have grown-up around this date, of Friday the 13th, to have so many different meanings for different people. Incredible to believe, I know, but there are still people who stay in bed on Friday the 13th and you may think that it is a little bit exaggerated and so it is, but also understand that there are many people who have superstitions totally irrational, people who are afraid to walk under ladders, people who freak out when a black cat walk in front of them or a car, and so many people associate bad luck with spiders and crows and other types of animals.

Well, to start talking, I would like to mention the fact that it was because of the conspired events that took place between king Philip of France and Pope Clement the 5th around the 14th century, 1307 and they conspired to end the influence which by that time was tremendously important and powerful. They were a powerful force to reckon with the Knights Templar and when they returned from Jerusalem, having saved Jerusalem, having arrested the Moslems, to return Jerusalem to Christianity and they were more powerful than ever. This was too much of course for king Philip of France and Pope Clement, so they conspired together to kill the Knights Templar. Well, they killed many of them, of course, but they did not kill all of them, but nevertheless that date of Friday the 13th in the year 1307 was in fact the date that become known as the unluckiest day of the year. So, this superstition still remains to-day.

Well, I suppose, all of you here, myself included, on the forum, we do not have any superstition, I for one certainly do not and I do not associate Friday the 13th of any particular month, of being different from any other date of the month, but you may have your own pack of superstitions, so to speak, but I would like to think not. I think those of us who have at least to some degree a spiritual knowledge and hopefully some experience to go with that, confirm that we no longer entertain any thoughts of superstition. Nevertheless, we are in a society that does have still superstition. Many countries have different customs and traditions to honor a particular event or whatever and these are generally associated with the events that lead to superstitions, especially about haunted houses and things like that as haunted castles where certain atrocities have occurred over the centuries. You all know what I mean, and people become afraid and they will not enter these places for love of money as the expression goes.

Well, to-day is Friday the 13th and we just are five weeks away from Christmas more or less and this year has flown by as all years fly by now. Well, I just want to wish you an extraordinary superstition free weekend, try to enjoy yourselves and be happy and not worry too much of what happens in the world, just turn inward to your Beloved Indwelling Thought Father Fragment and become comfortable and happy in His company and do not concern yourself about any type of superstition. Thank you for listening, have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be able to talk to you again very soon, so I say bye-bye for now. Domtia

I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.