Author Topic: Afghan Women  (Read 4864 times)

Offline SongatSunrise

• View Profile
Afghan Women
« on: July 17, 2021, 11:13:21 am »
Hello Everyone, In posting this I pray that this  forum be protected from possible political backlash.  

Dear God,

It was said that we commune with God without words.
Maybe so.
It is impossible to put bliss into words.
But I feel that there are many celestials who wait for our words to be made clear.

How do we pray unless we use verbs, nouns, and who, what, why ? Maybe the how and when are debatable. but we can still put our requests before God, and then wait, silently and patiently.

I pick up the newspaper, or listen to the evening news, and I am horrified.
Are not these things to pray about?

Dear God,
Americans are wordlessly, silently, and with no feeling of accomplishment, departing from Afghanistan. Are we happy to be done with an endless war that drained resources and claimed lives?
Oh my God! the women!
Two thirds of the men in Afghanistan believe that it is against the will of Allah for girls to go to school. They think the women have too many "rights". The Taliban is moving in without a fight. The total victory of Lucifer prevails, and there is nothing but death in store for the women who want to learn, to be themselves. to be constructive members of society besides just bearing male children. Girls are married off at the age of 12. They are bought and sold like cattle.  Their minds, bodies and souls are of no consequence.

Dear God! they are your daughters! The guns still work. The women are terrified. The Americans in Afghanistan were the ones who made sure the girls got to school. Now they are weeping to see the Americans leave, because there is no future for them.

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done.

Forgive.
Who is going to listen to Jesus? The women? You bet. The men? . . . . .
Dear God, those wonderful beautiful people need you so badly.

Set those women who seek knowledge, wisdom, and understanding with a protection only you can provide. Let those women show the men what you are like.

Our Father Who art in heaven -- let the heaven of our minds be Your dwelling place.
You dwell with those of a sincere and contrite heart.
Let our hearts and Yours, Lord go out to the untold suffering of those Afghan women.
Let Your's, not Allah's will be done.
Engage!

Offline PJammer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Afghan Women
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 15:12:47 pm »
Thank you SongatSunrise for this prayer.  We will remember your prayer in our prayers and together with the Father, all things are possible.

Online Moses Ouko

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Afghan Women
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 15:43:55 pm »
Our Heavenly Father may Your Will be done indeed. Amen.