Author Topic: Lord Have Mercy Scott, Digesare  (Read 3686 times)

Offline SongatSunrise

• View Profile
Lord Have Mercy Scott, Digesare
« on: July 10, 2022, 11:22:38 am »
Dear forum folks,
I had the privilege of performing in the orchestra for a presentation of this song in a patriotic concert last weekend. This song seemed to be the high point of the concert. The key words are "heal our land".

This piece has a lot of musical merit, which I appreciate.
SaS

Verse 1:
In peace we come to pray,
to seek the Lord today
For salvation from his hand
for the healing of our land
Let us pray; Let us pray

Chorus:
Lord have mercy,
Lord have mercy
for we have placed all our hopes in Thee

(repeat)

Verse 2:
For our sin we repent, oh Lord,
We believe Your holy Word
Have mercy Lord, we pray,
and take all our sins away

KYRIE, CHRISTE

REPEAT CHORUS

Here is the link to Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18QXnmfr2POmhcaLQXnc5eJ5qknUigz5X/view?usp=drivesdk

Offline SongatSunrise

• View Profile
Re: Lord Have Mercy Scott, Digesare
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 19:19:31 pm »
Hello everyone, here are some comments on that song:
Words from the song include
"In peace we come to pray,
to seek the Lord today
For salvation from his hand
for the healing of our land
Let us pray; Let us pray"

Here are some of my thoughts about healing:
It has been said to pray for the Father, for Jesus and Melchizedek.

May my heart be a place of rest for you. May you find encouragement and joy in your people where ever they are. May the conflict there show that a broken heart, split wide open heals all the bigger. . .

You have given permission for a healing and we can be the caretakers of that healing process.

It is impossible to give a blow by blow account of the healing process. It is a creative act that is initiated by the Father in all cases. Healings that Jesus did on earth were selected, isolated by the Father. Then Jesus asked what it was they wanted. We have to ask. Seek. Knock. It is not that God doesn't know what we want. It is so that we can focus on The Father, his generosity, and his capacity to do such, so that the Father may be glorified in every possible way, by Jesus, the receiver of the healing, and all onlookers. Healing is a group event.

Spiritual healing does not come overnight. It is a process that takes continual awareness, and intent to go forward with every step, not backward.
Spiritual healing is evident in joy, peace, comfort, new perspective, and new abilities to work good. Even the Father needs healing in that respect. We work with him on that.

For Jesus to be effective on this planet, a sizable majority of people have to admit that a celestial healing is of paramount importance. Human efforts do not work any more. It will take a while for people to realize that.