Author Topic: Melting ice  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Melting ice
« on: January 03, 2022, 13:02:52 pm »
"If we were to burn all attainable fossil fuel resources, this would eliminate the antarctic ice sheet and cause long-term global sea-level rise unprecedented in human history," says a researcher from an institute for climate impact. "This would not happen overnight, but the mind-boggling point is that our actions today are changing the face of planet earth as we know it, and will continue to do so for tens of thousands of years to come. If we want to avoid antarctica to become ice-free, we need to keep coal, gas and oil in the ground".

How earth would look if all the ice melted ? Check it out here, this is where the WTP comes into play.

I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.

Online Andre_P

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Melting ice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 06:04:21 am »
Hi Clency.

The reduction in land area due to sea level rise is not a threat to life on the planet, although adapting to it may cost humans dearly.

Note that the energy sent out by WTP will be less than that produced today in the furnaces, boilers and engines of electric power plants, factories and vehicles because of much greater conversion efficiency, but all the energy produced by WTP will also eventually turn into heat and this cannot be increased indefinitely.

Much more warming of the atmosphere and water than the heat produced itself is caused by the gases produced in heat production by the so-called greenhouse effect. This alone could lead to the extinction of life on Earth because of too high a temperature, but probably much worse is the effect on life of poisonous compounds released into the atmosphere, water and ground.

For some time now, there has been talk about the confirmed melting of glaciers not on the surface, from the air, but from below, from the land side, which is heated from the interior of the Earth.

Andre