Author Topic: Wi-Fi speed, preservation of data  (Read 56 times)

Offline SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
Wi-Fi speed, preservation of data
« on: July 13, 2021, 01:04:27 pm »
Hello Everyone, 

On Sunday‚Äôs Lightline Ron complained about the quality and speed of Internet Service from various providers. I just landed on this infomercial yesterday that explains why this is happening (sorry for the fluff) and offers a solution that you might be interested in. 

Groundbreaking Device Fixes Slow Wi-Fi and Exposes Greedy Internet Service Providers (dailyhomelifenews.com)

As I was looking for the place to post this message seeing the many options brought something into my mind that I would like to mention here also.
I began duplicating the Serara Forum website by a website copier program for preservation purposes when Ron first brought up the need about a year or so ago (it was when the mirror server got set up).
The project became hard for me to complete on my personal computer due to the huge volume. I stopped copying after about 100 GB of data and I was only at the beginning.

Ever since it worries me to potentially lose data when Internet may get cut off, for I believe it would be utmost importance to have this site preserved. Thus, I bring it up to keep it on the forefront of our minds. Unfortunately, I have no solution to the problem yet, but it would be doable with proper equipment some of you may have TBs of storage space and fast internet connection to do it.

Blessings,
sonsofGod