Author Topic: Mary Don't You Weep  (Read 5462 times)

Offline weydevu

• View Profile
    • Email
Mary Don't You Weep
« on: July 29, 2021, 12:18:05 pm »
An old jam by Aretha Franklin in the early 70s.  When I was attending church while growing up in southeast Texas I always love to hear the choir sang but the preacher would make me sleepy or afraid to go to sleep. There was a little mom & pop store about a block from the church. I would sometimes ditch the sermon and spend my change for the collection plate for some candy & cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiChwl_zHiU

weydevu
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 12:22:38 pm by weydevu »

Online Moses Ouko

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mary Don't You Weep
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 13:34:03 pm »
Hi Weydevu,
I would sometimes ditch the sermon and spend my change for the collection plate for some candy & cookies.
We couldn't do that growing up as we were warned that that"s God's money and if you spend it then something terrible will happen to your family and as kids you believe what those who are older than you tell you. With time you realize that that's just a  cock and bull story. I bet you had your fan with that change  :)

By the way Aretha was one of the greatest voices ever. No wonder she was the complement of James Brown as the Queen of soul. 
Nice Jam.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 13:42:03 pm by Moses Ouko »

Online Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 00:16:58 am »
I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.

Online Moses Ouko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 00:25:15 am »
Clency,
Yes she sounds great! Wow!

Offline weydevu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 15:14:45 pm »
Moses those who raised me taught the same thing. I use to question things but my only answer was don't question GOD so I kept my questions to myself and waited years to get an answer i.e. TUB. I use to hide during thunder storms. My grandmother would say you can't hide from GOD. In my mind, I'm wondering why is he looking for me. ;D

weydevu