Author Topic: THIS WEB SITE NOW HAS A MIRROR = LOOK INSIDE FOR VITAL INFO 031920  (Read 169 times)

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
This Discussion forum now has a mirror site.

That means we are running the web site on two different servers in different locations.

If one site goes down you have the other site to go to and use.  Look at the domain name in your browser for the site you are using now.  It will either be:
http://forum.serara.org/index.php                that is a server in Boston, USA

OR
https://forum.seraradomain.org/                  that is on a server in New Jersey, USA

It does not matter which one you use at all as one updates the other and they are the same when no trouble exists.  

However if Boston goes down or New Jersey goes down, switch to the other domain name to resume use,  It would be unusual for both to go down, but even that could happen with a total internet outage.

We have done this for security reasons.  We see coming what has in part already happened and that is population panic about one thing or another and making it very hard to conduct business as usual.  This forum is dedicated to getting the word out in emergencies, unspecified, when it becomes essential you really know what is going on, as we use the eyes and ears of a celestial body of reporters who will always inform us just what the real problem may be and warn what they need to to other developing situations around our world.

Boston remains are main site and New Jersery is our mirror.  That is designated so in order to maintain the sites by our tech expert Charles Lehner. And the Magisterial Foundation thanks you very much Charles for getting this up and running now.

Thank you
Ron Besser/Admin

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:39:22 pm by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: THIS WEB SITE NOW HAS A MIRROR = LOOK INSIDE FOR VITAL INFO 031920
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:31 pm »

Ron, I don’t know exactly, but I am just asking. While trying to connect to the forum yesterday, it seems to me that there were two sites addresses working at the same time. One is as follows - domainserara.org and the other one seraradomain.org. The domain name is just reversed in each address. Is it correct to say that there can not be the same address site on two different servers ?
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 02:25:55 pm »
Yes, Clency it is intetnional.  Two domains working at the same time for one site.  Thas is called mirroring.  It is used to handle heavy traffice and to insure one is always working.

There cannot be the same address on two separate operating sites, Clency.  We are doing the secuirty thing to mirror one and that is always a different domain server and name.  It used to be done all the time but I find it to be useful to secure our operation even if one has to go down for a reason  we do not know yet.  I hope that makes a good explantion for you.  Thanks for your post .  RON
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online felibon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 10:55:27 am »
Well done! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻