Author Topic: Seeking your opinion about transcription  (Read 2554 times)

Online SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
Seeking your opinion about transcription
« on: April 01, 2020, 12:46:16 pm »
Lightline USA 29, March, 2020 (past Sunday) transcription will be posted right after this. Since I want to avoid adding any text to the transcript, I decided to share few thoughts with you first.  

I am greatful for all of you who indicated interest in the Lightline transcript that I have posted a week ago, and I thank you all for the impute. The transcription takes quite a long time for me, thus I would like to decide if the verbatim transcript would benefit anyone. I feel that the calls are most important for all the people of Urantia, as well as news from Paradise, Salvington, and the Urantia Planetary Government Authorities are certainly above any earthly news in importance, even those from the White House. Thus I find the time well spent if it would benefits others. '

Clency, you have made a comment that made all the sense to me to continue with accurate and detailed transcription, namely that people of other languages can use Google translate to partake in the call indirectly. I believe that transcriptions are important for historical records also.        

To make my final decision, if I may, I would like to ask for your opinions. Do you have any suggestion to do these transcripts differently, or show the way it may be shortened? Should I just point out important segments with accuracy along with time-stamps and shorten the rest to reduce document volume? The problem with that is foreign language participants would miss out on parts that would not be recorded in writing. Secondly, it would be up to my judgment what is important, which is not right in my sight.  

Thirdly, it would be tremendous help for me if you kindly let me know the correct spelling of words that needs correction. Where I am uncertain of spelling and unable to identify correct spelling online, I attach a question mark directly to the word as follows(?) and there might be other oversights. Spelling checkers can also make a big mess if not caught. If you notice a mistake, please send a short note with correct selling, so it would not go into the archive incorrectly. You can just state 'wrong way', 'right way' and add the word, which would take only a minute. I do not need quotation to easily find it in the text. Thank you in advance.  

Lastly, I am working on archiving all calls for the future securely, and to make them easily accessible and searchable. You are welcome to collaborate in this important work.

Now changing the subject I say, according to the past week’s Lightline news I do feel that time has expanded somewhat, or rather to say that it has been slowed down somewhat. Or is it? Do you agree? I hope I am wrong and it still can be extended some more, for there is not enough time under the sun to finish half of the work needed to be done still on this project and others. We know that much change is ahead and I trust that the good will out-way the bad. If you have not heard this week's tape yet, please listen to it or read the transcript! It is so full of Good News. Hallelujah!

Thank you again and blessings for all of you. May God keep you in His perfect peace away from harms’ way. I thank for Father, Michael, Melchizedeks, all Celestials and Ron for their marvellous works and for keeping us informed and directed through Lightline messages and the forum so powerfully.    

Sons of God

Offline Majesthia Gondo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Seeking your opinion about transcription
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 03:59:55 pm »
Je vous remercie encore SonofGod pour vos transcriptions, car cela aide beaucoup les personnes que nous sommes qui ne comprennons pas l'anglais. Je sais que c'est un travail très difficile, car je fais aussi la transcription de certains messages du Forum Serara, ainsi que les messages de notre groupe de travail sur Facebook pour informer. Je préfère la transcription avec les détails sans les horodatages. Car les détails permettent de comprendre certaines parties du message un peu compliquer. Merci encore pour le grand service que vous nous rendez. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 04:07:13 pm by Majesthia Gondo »

Online roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 05:55:28 pm »
I can barely comprehend your language and my phone does not seem to translate but if you please, send me a friend request on Facebook and I will accept.  Maybe Facebook can translate and we can talk.
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.

Online Andre_P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 03:17:00 am »
I have no doubt that full transcription is of greater historical value and for immediate deeper study. For me, as a translator into Polish on the forum, a good summary is even better because it makes my job easier, which I usually don't miss. I think that possible errors in the summary can be easily corrected by Lightline participants, because the summary text is inherently short and easy to read and check. Summaries can also be of great value from the point of view of later studies and searching for topics covered. However, I do not undertake to discuss whether the form of full transcription is to prevail over the summary, because there is still the argument of a lot of work on transcription, and we know that almost all Lighlines have lasted a long time. I don't know if it is important that the old and new teaching mission messages were transcribed.

In short, if SonsofGod makes a summary for lack of time, I will rather be happy than worried and thank you for the work you have already done and I hope you will continue to do that which is undoubtedly very important for me and for readers of my translations into Polish..

Andre
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:24:09 am by Andre_P »

Online Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:11:33 am »

Valerie, it is very strenuous to transcribe verbatim a conference that lasts more than one hour, particularly when you have to manage several speakers on the call. An audio recording of 10-15 mins, with only one intervention is very easy for me, personally, to transcribe verbatim, just to take as an example Lemuel’s audio transmissions. If I had to transcribe the USA LIGHTLINE conference, I would stick to the important points by making a summary in plain english, often times using my own wordings, without changing the meaning or idea that is being conveyed. In such a situation, where I have to chose what is best from a conference call to share with a non-english-speaking audience, I let myself be guided by my Thought Adjuster and He always leads me to “announcements”. This is only my way of doing things, I have my own methodology and I am just submitting it to you for your appreciation. My advice to you, Valerie, is to be careful not to get tired or weary in the long run. You are to be praised for doing such a work that really demands time, concentration and stamina. May you be blessed by the FATHER of all. Domtia
I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.

Offline Majesthia Gondo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 06:31:56 am »
Roger Krupa,  I saw several Roger Krupa on Facebook how to recognize you ?  

Online SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 12:45:56 pm »
Je vous remercie encore SonofGod pour vos transcriptions, car cela aide beaucoup les personnes que nous sommes qui ne comprennons pas l'anglais. Je sais que c'est un travail très difficile, car je fais aussi la transcription de certains messages du Forum Serara, ainsi que les messages de notre groupe de travail sur Facebook pour informer. Je préfère la transcription avec les détails sans les horodatages. Car les détails permettent de comprendre certaines parties du message un peu compliquer. Merci encore pour le grand service que vous nous rendez.

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse. Je suis heureux que la transcription soit utile et qu’elle continue. J’ai inclus les horodatages au cas où quelqu’un voudrait trouver un rôle sur la bande, en pensant aux anglophones. Peut-être que je devrais trouver le milieu d’or et juste mettre le temps au début d’un nouveau sujet. Serait-ce une bonne idée ou vous ne voyez pas besoin de la synchronisation à tous?

Thank you very much for your reply. I am glad that the transcript is helpful and will continue with it. I have included the time stamps in case someone would want to find a part on the tape, thinking of English speaking people. Perhaps I should find the golden middle and just put the time at the beginning of a new topic. Would that be a good idea or you see no need for the timing at all?

Online SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 01:05:26 pm »
"I have my own methodology and I am just submitting it to you for your appreciation. My advice to you, Valerie, is to be careful not to get tired or weary in the long run. You are to be praised for doing such a work that really demands time, concentration and stamina. May you be blessed by the FATHER of all. Domtia"

Thank you Clency. I do appreciate your help and point of view very much. I thought myself to exclude small talk in a conversational way and write blocks of information by topics. I will try to develop a method that works the best for all of us, but as far as the effort concerned, it still about the same and I am glad to add my little part to the work.

Your comment about helping non English speaking audience encouraged me the most to continue writing transcripts. Thank you again. I speak blessing over you also, while knowing that we are blessed behind we could ask for. I believe with a whole heart in Divine protection and all goodness. 'K'

PS: I have seen Michael of Nebadon closing His message with 'K' but have no idea what it means. Can anyone explain it please?

Online SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 01:39:08 pm »
In short, if SonsofGod makes a summary for lack of time, I will rather be happy than worried and thank you for the work you have already done and I hope you will continue to do that which is undoubtedly very important for me and for readers of my translations into Polish..

Andre

Thank you Andre for taking the time to explain and reason, it is well received and very helpful. Reading all comments it became clear to me that a shorter and less detailed version is preferred by the readers. Perhaps, hopefully, it is a time saver for me. As I stated to Clency I state it again, I will try to develop the most helpful way to present the transcript. You and all of you are most welcome to give your input at any time towards perfecting it. Thank you for caring. It is a wonderful task to reach out to the world in any small way on our Father's behalf. I truly believe that our power is multiplied in UNITY.

I see your translations time to time and thinking of the effort it takes from you to produce them. You do an excellent job, I can tell by the formatting but I cannot speak Polish, only Hungarian. May God bless you and continue to grow your influence, especially in the Polish language. I would be challenged behind my abilities to translate to my native language. Lol!

Sons of God

Online Andre_P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 11:26:46 pm »
Üdvözlettel és elégedettséget kívánok munkájával.

André

Online roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 08:04:07 am »
Hello.  I believe a transcript must be accurate but not necessarily verbatim.  We still have the voice recording.  If the moderator states that she needs a drink of water, that need not be transcribed.  T/R communication should be transcribed verbatim as should any other Mission business.
Domtia
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.

Online SonsofGod

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 12:43:23 pm »
Üdvözlettel és elégedettséget kívánok munkájával.

André

Thank you all for your kindness to help. Andre, I used to use formulas for HU characters (I.e. ALT148 is 'o' with the dots on the top, etc.) but it dos not work anymore. We do not have here keyboards with special characters, but found four words that I can use in return without alteration: Sok sikert neked is (es jo egeszseget kivanok). Blessings to all 

Online Andre_P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 04:49:15 am »
Thank you Valerie for answering my post, which I wrote half jokingly. My signs above the letters came from a very clever Google translator. As you can see your signs above the letters did not come out, but without them everything is legible, although I myself could understand not much without Google translator. I learned some of your language long time ago because I was going to Hungary, but it was probably in 1956 and the revolution prevented me.

When I write in Polish, I switch the computer so that it understands the American keyboard differently. (In Windows on the right side of the screen, in the bottom bar.) Google also teaches you how to do it if you don't know it yet and would like to know.

Thank you for your new transcription of Lightline USA.

Greetings.

Andre
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:09:55 am by Andre_P »

Offline TrinitiLuv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 03:30:20 pm »
Hello SonsofGod --I have not seen an explanation of the letter K being placed at the end of a transmission, so in answer to your query, I offer my words of explanation which may differ somewhat from that of others......The K is used in radio communications, usually Morse Code.  If you are not familiar with Morse Code, it is a system of dots and dashes -- a combination which correspond to a letter or number in the English alphabet, used in telegraphic communications.  When a response is expected , the sender will transmit the letter K at the end of a transmission.  I do not remember whether or not a letter is placed at the of a transmission requiring no response, but I think not.....In voice radio communications, when a response is expected, the word OVER will be spoken, when a communication is finished the words OVER AND OUT will be spoken.  This indicates that the message was received and no further response is expected ----my memory is a bit fuzzy on this - my experience in radio communications dates way  back to late 1940s and 1950s.......Many kudos for the translations that you accomplish.  I appreciate them immensely, and I feel certain that most, if not all, of the Serara forumites share my feelings.....God bless you.....Domtia!.....I write in bold print for no reason other than ancient eyes.
TrinitiLuv (Ray Borden)//Washington DC Metro Area//7April2020
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:29:30 pm by TrinitiLuv »

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 07:12:00 pm »
Dear SonsofGod, can I say two things here? One, thank you for your transcription work and I ask that you keep up the good work so that many of us can follow these audio transmissions on the Lightline. Often times I get to listen to the tape but the tape drops out on a number of occasions and I have to leave it as there must be too much traffic on the internet to continue.

Two, in response to your query as to the pro-sign of the letter “K” at the end of a transmission is purposeful. It simply means this: END OF MESSAGE OR THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BREAK IN MESSAGE.

I am going to write up the list of PRO-SIGNS that began back in october/november of 2018. I hand wrote down all of these in my notebook for future reference. I will type this up and place it in the category DISCUSS THIS WEBSITE under the heading DEFINITION OF PRO-SIGNS.

Thank you also for your advice on the speakerphone use. I will simply hold the phone and do it the old fashion way! LOL!

Sue/7inOcean