Author Topic: Story of a Church  (Read 229 times)

Offline SongatSunrise

• View Profile
Story of a Church
« on: April 26, 2020, 09:55:00 am »

Hi Folks! Song At Sunrise here with a story for you on April 26th, 2020.

Because my name is Song At Sunrise, I notice things like this.
At 7:17 this morning, I was looking out of my window out to my back yard. Beyond an old clapboard fence put there by someone else is a red brick church. It has been there as long as I can remember. It was a Spanish Pentecostal type church. But now it is up for sale.

A sunbeam alights on that red brick wall. The sunbeam dances off the electric meter. . .

A beam of enlightenment strikes a blank brick wall. There is no one behind that wall. Only emptiness.

The electric meter is dead. No completed circuit turns the lights on behind that wall.

The joyful thundering drums and howls are silenced. No spirit is being called down. There is no speaking in tongues. The soccer field and play yard behind the church is empty.

Jesus said, behold I stand at the door and knock. If the door is opened, I will come in and fellowship with you. We will talk and eat and have a good time.

Indeed. Perhaps the people who used to go there will find a new door to the Kingdom in their hearts. Perhaps a beam of sun will shine into them. Perhaps a new electrical circuit of power, love and sound-mindedness will come to them as they reflect in this time of quarantine.

Perhaps by our prayers the lights will come on in many people's souls in this strange time.

A church for sale is not a sad thing. A new perspective can lead us into joy.
Let us all rejoice together for the potential of a new relationship with our Father and the coming  Kingdom of God!