Author Topic: Let Us WELCOME A NEW COMMISSIONER, SOPHIA VERONICA TO THE BOARD  (Read 185 times)

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
MAY 19, 2020
YORK, PA NOON LOCAL TIME

The Library Commission is pleased to welcome a new addition to its Board of the new Commissioner fo help us establish a library under the guidance of the MAGISTERIAL FOUNDATION.

Elise is a go-getter we need to help us indentify materials in various languages about the era we live in as regards to the 5th epochal revelation from its founding years in mid 19th century to present day problems in the first quarter of the 21st century.  We know she has been a long time reader of the Urantia Book, knows a lot of people in her home country of the Netherlands, and identifies what materials are valuable to collect and prepare for our future library. 

Please join with me in welcoming Sophia Veronica, Elise, to the Library Commission, and I  welcome all of you too as collectors of what we need to preserve for future ages, if they are ever going to understand what we are dealng with in the present modern era as people who read and enjoy the Urantia Book.  She will be a great addition and most helpful to the work we are all taking on to establish this library of help to an era of new readers and historians a hundred or two years ahead of us yet.   Thank you Elise for taking this on!

Ron Besser. Chair Emeritus of the Commission

END
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Let Us WELCOME A NEW COMMISSIONER, SOPHIA VERONICA TO THE BOARD
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 01:09:57 pm »
Congratulations, Elise, dear lady!

A big welcome to you as A NEW COMMISSIONER TO THE LIBRARY COMMISSION.

I know you will be of tremendous help in establishing what will be so vital for future generations.

A big "Thank You" and an even bigger brotherly hug from me.

Lemuel

Offline newstarsaphire

• Administrator
  • Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 01:34:03 pm »
Elise,

Welcome aboard Elise,  I know you will be a wonderful asset to the Commission and all of it's endeavors.  For now I have to scurry to the LightLine call.  Welcome once again!

Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Offline Majesthia Gondo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 04:03:17 pm »
I wish you welcome Madame Elise . Success to you in the library committee.

Online gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 01:35:06 pm »
Elise (Sophia Veronica),

I too join Ron, Phyllis, and others welcoming you, Elise, to our group of Library Commissioners. 

We have been prompted to :"just grab it."  So, what I've been doing is searching the rare books brick and mortar stores and online stores in the Chicago area.  I have found some that I list here that I am considering buying, but I want to run these titles and authors by our members in order to see if anyone knows about these books, have already a copy in their possession, and other reasons to purchase or not..  This request is solicited to any member or guests that reads these following titles:

"Soul Winning Texts," by Dr. William Sadler

"Dr. Sadler and the Urantia Book" A History of a spiritual revelation i the 20th century. by Sioux Oliva, Ph.D.  ISBN 10: 0692306102, ISBN 13: 9780692306109

"The Urantia Book Workbooks, Volume 5 --Theology," by William Sadler  (Does anyone know the number of Volumes that Dr. Sadler wrote for the compilation of these Workbooks)?

'The Urantia Revelation," by Malcolm Locke

"Parables of Jesus:  Complete Teachings from the Urantia Book," published by the Urantia Foundation (2016).  ISBN 10: 0997404906, ISBN: 13: 9780997404906.

"A History of the Urantia Papers,"  by Larry Mullins, Dr. Meredith Sprunger

"Your Surviving Soul," by Byron Belitsos ( I am definitely buying this one.  Byron is the one who introduced the idea of the TM Archives, and Ron Besser and the Serara forum.  I have a special interest in his work, since he was so kind to direct me to Ron.)

So, these are a few under consideration.  In the coming days I will move on to another city to check the rare books that may be found from both the online and brick and mortar stores in that area.

Steven

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 03:19:41 pm »
Dear Commissioner Steven Gitz,

Thank you very much Steven, and always on the move to do as we need.  I thank you once more and hope all is well there in the deep southern lands you occupy in Louisiana.  I look forward to hearing more!  Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online SophiaVeronica

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 04:50:05 pm »
Thank you Ron for introducing me to the Forum as a member of the Library Commission. And thank you Lemuel, Newstarsaphire, Majesthia Gondo and Steven Gitz for your words of welcome and best wishes. 
I feel very stimulated by you and hope to be able to contribute to the preservation and safeguarding of important material for future generations, so that they will get an understanding of what has happened in history regarding the Urantia Book, the Epochal Revelation and the Magisterial Foundation as it came to us and continued into our present time. SophiaVeronica

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 07:43:25 am »
Thanks Steve for your input.   I work in a similar process. I have discovered several books that seem quite relevant to this library project which will be a long and continuous on going project.  I am hoping that once these Missions are made visible to  Urantia that many organizations that need to come together in cooperation and in unity of purpose  that perhaps all can see the need for this library and archives to be in one place for history and that these many different groups can see the wisdom in "donating"  all kinds of materials to what we set up for the Magisterial Library.   I would surmise and hope that once the Missions are underway and visible that there will be the necessary, required, and all important "FUNDING" to collect and maintain a record that represents  and accurately chronicles the Magisterial Missions and Magisterial Foundation .
I have "earmarked" many many articles and archives from several websites and when I get my printer working again, hopefully by Tuesday, I can begin printing these earmarks that I have.   As Ron mentioned in one of our conference calls,there are a staggering number ( I think he said 800,000 pages alone  of just the TM  Archives!)
I feel that once we are underway with the visible Missions, the Magisterial Foundation will require it's own Department that does nothing but amass this Magisterial Library and to safeguard and record this History.......LarryG
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:42:06 am by LarryG »