Author Topic: Don't Like Daylight Saving!  (Read 155 times)

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
Don't Like Daylight Saving!
« on: October 04, 2020, 06:29:03 am »
Well, its that time of year again when Daylight Saving Time in some States(southern area of the continent) in Australia turn their clock one hour forward. I knew it was the new time conversion but when the alarm went off in the morning I woke rather grumpy. And that all day long as well at work as the body seems to go out of whack because it's still trying to overcome for the lack of sleep. You know I totally disagree with the idea of Daylight Saving and am in favour of it banned. When I lived in the warmer northern states there were no Daylight Savings in those states as it is far too hot to put up with the Sun as it is such a relief to see it go down, and the cooler night comes to give us relief. The southern states are not realising this as I experienced it from one end of the continent to the other. I would like to encourage the Michael Mission and the Magisterial Sons to implement the standard time to remain and that the practice of Daylight Saving Time to be removed for so many reasons (i,e, health, family management, agricultural matters, animal habits and keeping with balance with nature, the sun and with the climate; the list can go on and on!) Frankly, I simply cannot cope with the new time frame since I have lived in different states that do not have it and then now I am in one that uses it and I get so annoyed with the whole idea of it. How is everyone else going with it?

Sue/7inOcean

Online SophiaVeronica

• View Profile
Re: Don't Like Daylight Saving!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 04:53:13 pm »
I fully agree with you Sue, I don't like the time change either although I personally have no physical problems with it, but it creates unnecessary confusion. It works against our natural physical functioning of the body, which probably is at its best, I think, when it goes in alignment with natural sunrise and sunset. Then of course there are all the other reasons you mention in your post. Here in the Netherlands we are dealing with an even more different situation.  Actually we belong to Greenwich Mean Time Zone, but we are classified under the Mid-European Time Zone, which means that in summer time we are two (2) hours ahead of our real time, e.g. when our clock says during summer time 1:00 pm (13:00 hrs), in reality it is 11:00 am, and in winter time we are still one (1) hour ahead of time than we should be.
I have no idea whether the Magisterial Sons will engage themselves ever with such matters, I assume it falls under country governments, where decisions might eventually be taken in world wide consensus.  SophiaVeronica

Offline 7inOcean

• View Profile
Re: Don't Like Daylight Saving!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 07:21:07 pm »
Thank you SophiaVeronica. Your time change sounds insane! Two hours! My word that is enough time to make any one cranky getting up for an early start at work! I do not understand the logic behind such drastic time changes. I agree with you it is so unsettling to the natural order of things. You do point out that any changes will have to go through governmental process and it will require people to get on board to agree with going back to standard time. I will need to look up Wikipedia to find out how all this DST thing started and why. I really find it absurd to be honest. Why can't we just go with the sun, for crying out aloud!?! Its what has been for aeons and all of a sudden man decides to want extra daylight sun for what! No wonder why we are out of sorts. We tend to get over exerted as a result and quickly, we become more fatigued by it. Thanks for sharing your frustrations too. 

Sue/7inOcean