Author Topic: Learning a new language  (Read 238 times)

Online Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Learning a new language
« on: October 22, 2020, 01:37:52 pm »
Young people are very keen in learning a new language, but it is very hard for the elderlies when it comes to chinese, hindi or arabic ways of speaking and writing. I was brought up in a melting-pot country where there are people from China, India, Arabia, the south-east coast of the African continent and a few percentage from Europe, mainly England and France. Most of them are consequences of colonization by the two super powers centuries ago. English and French are the only two languages that are taught at school from grade one and up. As a young lad, I learned some words and expressions in Chinese, Hindi and Muslims from my comrades of different breedings. From all this, there comes out a common language that unifies everyone and we call it the “Patois Creole”, a sort of mixed English and French, sometimes adding a Hindi and Chinese word in the middle of a conversation. So, I am a multi-lingual, without being really one. ;) By experience, I know that it is very difficult to learn a new language, such as the mandarin from China or hindi from India, particularly when one is advanced in age. That brings me to the reasoning that it is difficult, if not almost impossible, for one to comply to the Adam and Eve school requirement to learn a new language. That being said, I think that the English language is well known throughout the world to-day. Domtia
I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.

Offline amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
Re: Learning a new language
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 04:32:01 pm »
I hear you loud and clear Clency.  Adam and Eve also recognize this is going to be a very heavy lift.  But there are two words I have learned not to use, and they are "always" and "never".  As soon as I think something is impossible I get shown that it can be done if the circumstances are right, or that some things always happen in a particular way, then it  changes.  So all I can do is give it a shot.  Thanks for your words Clency.
Blessings,
Amethyst
kindred shall forever remain unbroken