Author Topic: If this was my last today!  (Read 119 times)

Online Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
If this was my last today!
« on: November 17, 2020, 06:57:20 am »
Speaker: Lemuel
Subject: If this was my last today!
Date/Time: 17th Nov 2020  12:57 Local 11:57 Z

https://app.box.com/s/nxglrbn6474rsbgsi394ddur0sjc9003

Online Clency

• MSN Messenger - klenn47@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: If this was my last today!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 12:16:09 pm »
Transcribed from Lemuel’s audio recording

If this was my last to-day !

Lemuel : Good morning everyone. Our talk this morning is entitled “If this was my last to-day”. As we get older it is only normal that we think about death, not in anymore big sense of course we are much more advanced than that. Here we are on the forum, we learn so many things over the years to accept that it is a part of life and in fact you cannot separate the two, but we want to talk, especially this morning, about “surrendering”. I mean surrendering to our Beloved Indwelling Thought Adjuster, which if fact of course, as you all know, is our individual God Fragment. I remember on one occasion only where I knew a man who knew that it is going to die on a particular day and at a particular time and so I will recount a little of this story, because it is so very interesting and at the same time heart-warming, but very disconcerted I am sure for some of you listeners.

Anyway, it was way back in 1971 and at that time I was a member of a spiritual brotherhood and we had gathering from time to time, not for any spiritual activities as such, but just primarily social occasions because we were really like brothers and sisters, we loved each other and we got on very well together and that sort of things. Then, I was not present at that time of this particular event that I am about to recount to you is that one day a member of this group had a birthday and he wanted to celebrate it with some of his family members and friends, and I believe that there was a party of about ten people. As I say, I was not present at that day and everything went perfectly well, they all have a wonderful time, they enjoyed themselves. I think he was celebrating his 68th birthday, if I remember correctly and when the meeting was over, before the coffee was being served, he just whispered to his wife : “excuse me for a moment, I am going upstairs to the bathroom” and of course his wife did not think anything more of that, until after a while she noticed that he had not returned and the coffee was already served and so she excused herself and went upstairs to find him.

Well, during that time her husband went upstairs, he changed his cloth, put on his best suit and laid down on his bed, folded his arms across his chest and died. His wife of course initially was shocked and so she went downstairs to tell the family and friends what had happened and of course they were all terribly shocked as you well imagine. Then several days after, during the funeral, one of his friends of her late husband had the opportunity to approach her and asked Janice, if I remember her name correctly, that he obviously knew that he was about to die and so why he did not say anything to you. Well, by that time of course, she understood in fact why he did not say anything to her. So, she looked her friend in the eyes, put her hand on his arm and said to him : “Well, that would not be surrending, would it ?” Of course, this left his friend of her late husband totally perplexed, but she did not bother to explain any further, she just turned away with a smile, after saying that would not be surrending, would it ? Really, when it comes to think of it, what how he could have said that to his wife, when she was at the table with family and friends. Can you imagine the reaction that would have caused in her.

So, obviously it is beyond questions that he could mention anything to his dear wife, but later on she understood completely, because she also was a member of this spiritual brotherhood. So, eventhough it was a shock to her, she understood and she also surrendered to the fact that he surrendered. From a different perspective of course, it is so beautiful. I have thought about this over the years many times, wondering whether or not I could do that and I have come to the conclusion for many years that I could, quite happily, do that. I am sincere when I say that because we have learned to love and accept and to forgive ourselves those things that we have done and regret. We have also learned to love and respect and forgive all the others and we are all brothers and sisters. When you can really accept that, then life is easy. I have looked back over my life many times and tried to remember so many people and to say mentally : “thank you so much for sharing the space with me and I want to tell you that I love you and if I could put my arms around you now and give you a big hug, I would.” I would say that to everyone without exception.

So, if this was my last to-day, I would have no problems in the sense of living something unfinished, loosed ends as they say. No, I would like to think that I have tied off everything just nicely. I have made peace with myself long ago and I have made peace with my family and friends long ago and so I am free to go at any time and happily to go at any time, surrendering to my Beloved at any time and at all time. So, if this was your last day to-day, what would you do ? Would you do everything different, would you tell your wife or your husband or your children ? No, I don’t think you would, because you would understand also that there will be no point, you cannot hold to the fact, if you really knew that to-day is the last day, you will do exactly like my old friend many years ago, you will just excuse yourself to say that you are going to the bathroom or something like that and you will quickly change into your best cloth or whatever it is you decided to change into and you will lie down on your bed and die and give-up the ghost as they say. Well, I think it is a wonderful way to go and I could certainly bear the knowledge if I knew in fact that to-morrow is going to be the last day and I just leave you with these thoughts and let you wonder about it for yourselves what would be your thoughts and your intentions.

Anyway, it is a nice sunny day here in Gerona, I am out in the woods, we have a very pleasant temperature of 21° and it is so beautiful being among nature. My dear brothers and sisters, thank you so much for listening, have a nice day and I hope you have many more to-days. I hope to talk to you again very soon, bye-bye for now. Domtia
I am your servant, I am your liegeman, it is my will that your will be done.