Author Topic: Education During a Pandemic - Look see how the 1920's handled this  (Read 220 times)

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I received a commercial advertisement in my email this morning that is selling transcriptions of radio programs that were aimed at teaching students at home so they did not have to go to school during a pandemic or for other reasons they could not go to a normal public school room.  The ad contains photographs of how it was then and pictures of kids sitting on the floor in a school to listen to the radio teacher to help them avoid gathering in a larger public school where they could catch something deadly.  The ad, for your information, is a company called "Old Time Radio," and they sell the sound on CD's of radio programs long gone now in our past.  I just happen to think some of you might enjoy a look back in photos of an era that answered the very same problem we have today about how to education our youth while a disease rages.

Link to Old Time Radio FYI:  https://www.otrcat.com/

Here is the picture.  Click on the picture to make it larger to view it.    Ron

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:29:03 am by Ron Besser »
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online Moses Ouko

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Education During a Pandemic - Look see how the 1920's handled this
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:24:56 pm »
Thank you Ron for this post showing how things were handled in the 1920's Education During a Pandemic.

To quote the Bible from the book of Ecclesiastes 1:9-10 (Lexham English Bible)
9 What has been—it is what will be;
  what has been done—it is what will be done;
      there is nothing new under the sun.
10 There is a thing of which it is said, “Look at this! This is new!”
  But it already existed in ages past before us.

Love and Blessings,
Moses
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:41:42 pm by Moses Ouko »